Topic: xoxBox kit complexity

Hello Guys!

I'm planning to build a xoxbox, with the following kit: http://www.x0xsh0p.de/sh0p_e/template/index.html

Did you guys already tried to assemble one of those little beast?  smile

I'm pretty new to electronic stuff, i just know how to solder and got some basic knowledge of electronics.
I've already done some little projects with arduino boards, like an arduino-boy (midi interface for gameboy ) and some "easy" circuits-bending.

Is this kit easy enough to assemble or not ? your thoughts?

Many Thanks!

Re: xoxBox kit complexity

OK... noone build this Kit...sound strange...

I guess i'll be ok for me!

pretty easy - built mine having never soldered before. no mistakes but maybe just lucky! think i'd save money and just get a monotribe if was starting over. does acid type sounds, has sequencer etc

I had mine built for me as I didn't trust my $20 Radio shack soldering iron, good luck sequentialmood!

AudaxPowder wrote:

I had mine built for me as I didn't trust my $20 Radio shack soldering iron, good luck sequentialmood!

me too, i got my x0x already built

think i may sell mine if interested - has overdrive and i/o board additions  smile

Mule Driver wrote:
AudaxPowder wrote:

me too, i got my x0x already built

I actually got mine as a kit and contemplated going at myself but chose to contact my buddy instead. My kit was from the last Adafruit run which makes it special to me. I was on the waiting list for over a year!

I built mine, one of the Adafruit runs from ages ago. It was the first big build I did, although I'd soldered a couple of things up previously, stuff like a Maplin preamp.

The instructions are really clear and there's a good forum for support. If you're going to do it I'd say just take your time, go slowly, measure the resistors before you put them in place, and check polarity of caps. When it bursts into life it's really satisfying.