Re: What new booty have you acquired?

..What?
.. idem, i had seen the post & went "meh, just another late 80's/90's Boss drumthing", but this one is a Doctor Synth.

yeah that seems to be quite an unknown obscurity you got there audax. Feel like posting a video or some sound samples once you've started jamming it in?  wink
You know we nerds need to know!

Yes, and please give a demo of the DS-330.
I only found one really wack youtube video related to it.

Will do robots, it's on the way in the post as I type. Yeah, I noticed this thing doesn't pop up too often.

New headphones for the office! smile

Grado SR-80s. So far, Wu-Tang, Coil, and Tuxedomoon have sounded great.

the infamous mc 303

fantomas wrote:

the infamous mc 303

Nice smile

I still cherish mine for years... (no matter what others say about the machine).

E-Activity 004 out now: https://clone.nl/item29652.html

E-Activism

Yeah...maybe thats the best option for havin the cheapest 808..909..606 drumkits...and i like the arpegiator

Xermon wrote:
fantomas wrote:

the infamous mc 303

Nice smile

I still cherish mine for years... (no matter what others say about the machine).

http://www.spectralis.de/goodies/Spectralis.jpg
a spectralis,

First little jams i was a bit disapointed, but after freaking some hours i am really happy with it! awsome sound, awesome sound possibility's, great sequencer! filters, filters, filters, and ofcourse lots of LFO's not speaking of routing options

stil exploring i will upload some results when recorded

Keep an eye open for one of the they go by quite cheap i payed 600
since i dont have allot space these days, this machine is perfect!

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

4,510 (edited by Septicstudio 2013-02-12 14:31:32)

ProjectGenocide wrote:

a spectralis,

First little jams i was a bit disapointed, but after freaking some hours i am really happy with it! awsome sound, awesome sound possibility's, great sequencer! filters, filters, filters, and ofcourse lots of LFO's not speaking of routing options

stil exploring i will upload some results when recorded

Keep an eye open for one of the they go by quite cheap i payed 600
since i dont have allot space these days, this machine is perfect!

I also had one for a few years. Never bothered with the onboard synth. I used it as a sampleplayer. Sounded really well, only no choke groups then. So I sold it :0

The factory drumset inside the stock spectralis was mostly done by me big_smile Too bad I deleted all my kits a few months ago. Otherwise I could have given em to you

The analog synthpart has about 400 parameters, a bit too much for me to edit on a 2 line LCD screen.

BTW it is SF2 compatible (soundfont) so you could also drop those e-mu soundfonts floating on the inet somewhere into the synth1/2/3/ parts

since its quite a complex machine. i am doin this step by step  wink i haven´t come to uploading soundfonts a such. but ill keep in mind for when i come to it.

and yes the synth has a whole lot of parameters and is easy to get lost in. but i does produce some nice sounds  roll me like

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

MidiPoly retrofit for my Korg Mono/Poly. rocks!

Yeah! I've read only positive things about it. I guess I need that too.

My new sequencer: Atari Mega STE with Steinberg Midex+ and boxed Cubase 2.1

for 50€

Alesis PicoVerb, no power supply until the 5th though.

4,517 (edited by computerdisco 2013-03-13 11:28:36)

Super Rom cart for the SCI Tom..
808, 909, DMX and "Contemporary" sounds....

Very nice 8 bit crunch big_smile

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e148/computerdisco/537522_10151312508376956_872181487_n_zpsc315a26e.jpg

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

wow, where to get those?

4,519 (edited by olivier8 2013-03-16 09:31:31)

got a pair of Paiste Hi-Hats

Nice one computerdisco.

I've added some delays and had twice the fun with Casios:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5527/casios.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/303/delays.jpg

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

Anushri synth
Korg Symphony module
Akai MAX49 midi controller (can't quite figure out the CV out, only get clicks so far even though the synth recognizes the input as the sound stops when you plug it in)
Vermona Strings
Casio sk10 circuitbent

What Synth you trying to run? The Akai has 1v Octave out..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

computerdisco wrote:

Super Rom cart for the SCI Tom..
808, 909, DMX and "Contemporary" sounds....

Very nice 8 bit crunch big_smile

Nice, I looked in vain for something similar when I had the TOM but ended up paying $$$ for that contemporary cartridge from Wine Country Sequential. Who makes these custom carts?

(btw: the TOM is 12 bit  wink  )

4,524 (edited by T.E.L. 2013-03-20 13:34:09)

cool, thanks for asking. It's a weird one, so no guarantees it will work, but i am trying:

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2007/04/solton-polyvox.html

I don't have the master keyboard that belongs to it (you can see it in the first pic). Could be that it will only work with that dedicated keyboard, but that thing is even rarer than the synth itself

Edit: This Italian auction mentions CV:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solton-Polyvox- … 009803373?

My model is different than any other i've seen online, as it's been fitted with an extra jack input in the back with a sticker above that reads: Master Keyboard. That leads me to believe it's been modded to work with other keyboards than the one it came with.

Teenage Engineering OP-1 ... and so far I love it ... watched a ten minute youtube video and I'm already using it as I wanted to ... there's more to learn but so far so good, really fun to use. I sampled a bit of country music of the radio and used the attack of the sample to start a house track.

Sound: ... digital, dark, noisy, effects, LFO are key to finetune sound. The output is quite noisy as I suspect this thing is built on a smartphone chipset, however wide range of sounds possible, very satisfying to sound design on. The "phone" effect is incredible on drums, it is as if the drums were gently scrambled by a dial up modem.

Usability: There is only so much that you can do with an interface that is made up of four color coded encoders, non velocity sensitive 'keyboard', and various function buttons ... that is only a little larger than a small usb controller. However, it is an excellent assemblage of features that make you want to tweak, pick it up, record music, sample and sequence short bits of stuff to then commit to tape. Making music is fun on this machine even making mistakes is fun.

Build quality: lofely ... it is a little larger than a korg nanokontrol controller, however imagine that with a thick machined aluminium enclosure as the base, knobs that belong in an aircraft cockpit and a screen that is sharp and clear and alive like a present day vectrex game machine. I am a little bit concerned about what will happen with the battery once it reaches end of life but YOLO (You Obviously Like Owls).

So ... while I jam on feel free to flame on.