Topic: Playstation 4

So the PS4 has just been announced for the Holiday period at the end of this year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QhUL8N … r_embedded[/youtube]

It looks really great. Who's getting one?

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

2 (edited by heifetz 2013-02-21 12:11:14)

Re: Playstation 4

I will have to wait & see. I'm interested in what it can offer to me in terms of living room convenience. E.g can I watch Youtube vids in HD? Is Skydrive supported?

But I guess when the new COD or GTA comes out on the PS4, I will be forced to get one  tongue Everybody is saying Sony is stuck in 2007, but this is a games console after all, and I guess it all depends on are the games any good.

3 (edited by Klart 2013-02-21 13:49:05)

Well, they're very much into the youtube/sharing thing with the PS4; they're gonna make it able to very easily & immediately post your gameplay clips on YT, so I expect you'll be able to watch YT in HD. I don't know what Skydrive is.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Uueee.. I dunno, its probably gonna be great but alot of these clips looks ps3 at best

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Skydrive = cloud storage service

I wonder if GTA5 was delayed so that they could make it PS4 compatible..

6 (edited by Klart 2013-06-11 11:04:08)

So it's gonna be 400 Euro (100 Euro cheaper than Xbox One), have no need for an internet connection (unlike the Xbox One) and play second hand games without restrictions (unlike the Xbox One).

My choice is made.

nice to see Sony has some common sense

Out on the 29th of November.

[youtube]1XGwZ0kGO28[/youtube]

I need love

Sony will charge for playing online games. Hehe what a joke. I'm out at least.

heifetz wrote:

Sony will charge for playing online games. Hehe what a joke. I'm out at least.

Well, they will for most MP games (including CoD & BF), but not the ones that are Free To Play.

I already have a Plus subscription, so I don't mind. It's pretty great actually, you get tons of really great games for only 50 Euro/year.

12 (edited by heifetz 2013-11-13 16:02:49)

I don't know how much Plus costs, 7EUR per month? That makes 84EUR per year. Since I buy only 1-2 games per year, it's robbery to pay extra for something you have already paid for. It would only make sense if e.g. CoD price drops by 50-70%, since most of the playing value is multiplayer and to do that you need to pay 84EUR per year (assuming a new CoD comes every year, 1 year is the lifetime of the game).

Well, it's 50 Euro for twelve months and often there's an action that gives you 15 months for 50 Euro (I've always used this).

It's an amazing offer when you see how much & what games you get, but for someone who only plays Cod or Fifa & isn't interested in any other game, it's just an extra cost that's not very welcome.

I guess sony is doing this because they can. I just got a new PS3 since my old one got the yellow light of death so i won't be upgrading soon anyway. If i do at some point, it will be hard to resist to play multiplayer and pay up.