Re: Should I buy...

boss dr 550 for 30 euro?

rossokha81 wrote:

So what is your decision smile

I was ready to hand over the money, then some other guy offered him 175 for it, so I passed. I guess I'll take the next one that comes along roll Thanks for all the replies, though.

On another note, does anyone own a Roland DEP-5? Is it worth having? I'm looking for a unit capable of grungy delays and 80's style gated reverbs and this seems to be a contender.

korg kp2 or kaoss pad quad? I don't want efx for gigs...turntables.whatever..just for easy fun prod.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=re … gkSAjDKfFY

slept on an arp  digital ??
sold yesterday  fexk

fantomas wrote:

korg kp2 or kaoss pad quad? I don't want efx for gigs...turntables.whatever..just for easy fun prod.

don't know the quad, but i like the versatility of the kp2 in the studio. For me the quality of the effects is good enough (but i don't like superslick polished perfect music), and the touch interface is so nice for 'feeling' it without looking until it sounds right. Of course standalone fx boxes can have higher quality effects (delay and reverb come to mind) but the great interface along with the large number of different effects make for a great little compact fx device that's also very fun to play with. For a 100 euro or less it's a bargain

it also has more advanced functions, but no idea about those.

Thanks! i bought the kp2...and midi connection available on it

T.E.L. wrote:
fantomas wrote:

don't know the quad, but i like the versatility of the kp2 in the studio. For me the quality of the effects is good enough (but i don't like superslick polished perfect music), and the touch interface is so nice for 'feeling' it without looking until it sounds right. Of course standalone fx boxes can have higher quality effects (delay and reverb come to mind) but the great interface along with the large number of different effects make for a great little compact fx device that's also very fun to play with. For a 100 euro or less it's a bargain

it also has more advanced functions, but no idea about those.

2,107 (edited by AudaxPowder 2013-05-01 17:20:07)

I guess I'm gonna pay for the EMX-1 I've been borrowing. It's missing the arpegiator slider (I have to use a small screwdriver if I want to use it) and there's a defect with the Osc Edit 2 knob and function. Everything else works good though it seems.

How much do you robots think I should have to pay with these issues in mind? I was gonna offer about $200 and see what my buddy thinks.

Judging by eBay prices, you could get a fully working one for $200-250 USD. In other words, $200 is simply too high for one with a pot and button problem, not to mention a broken slider.

$150 tops.

http://sneak-thief.com - raw electrofunk

Right on, thanks for the feedback sneakthief.

2,110 (edited by score100 2013-05-08 21:56:20)

thinking about getting a dx200 or a an200 could be option as well. I was wanting for quite some time now a simple synth & sequencer in-a-box machine, that is as easy to make songs on as my tr707 is. Seems like step sequencing can be done better than on an electribe. And it's cheap!

cheap!? not the ones ive seen listed recently...

well, let's say payable compared to any newer box with similar functionality...

i must be getting old as amazed at some prices expected for 90s very average gear. i blame ebay and the ability to see sales history - everyone wants at least what the last one sold for  sad

I feel you, it was probably half the price 3 years ago. Then again I must say the price hierachy within the synth-world has always confused me, but that's probably an exception for myself not giving too much of a shit about how the thing actually sounds. Functionality and simplicity's pretty much everything for me...
And if I look at the new korg boxes, I actually get the feeling that new stuff is getting cheaper!

Korg > Roland

Obie DMX 350 €

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

only 58$

http://toys.gustoz.com/images/ASIMO-Robot.jpg

Hey does anyone know anything about this keyboard Farfisa DK 115? I saw it in  a local second hand shop and it looked a bit intriguing, I figured I would look it up on the net when I got home to look at specs etc. but absolutely no info online, but a few pics. It seems to have midi and I thought it might be worth picking up for some lo fi fun if I could get it cheap. Thanks

http://images.krajoweogloszenia.pl/nlarge/organy_farfisa_dk_115_192224.jpg

http://images.krajoweogloszenia.pl/nlarge/organy_farfisa_dk_115_192226.jpg

scott_neon wrote:

Hey does anyone know anything about this keyboard Farfisa DK 115? I saw it in  a local second hand shop and it looked a bit intriguing, I figured I would look it up on the net when I got home to look at specs etc. but absolutely no info online, but a few pics. It seems to have midi and I thought it might be worth picking up for some lo fi fun if I could get it cheap. Thanks

If you've got any exp in circuit bending get it, old keyboards like that have quite the bending options in them. If you're not into that I always find at least one or two usable sounds on things like this.

an ensoniq dp4+?

I’ve connected mine today since years because of the vocoder which only the + has: great machine!

Tom Dee wrote:

an ensoniq dp4+?

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

I’ve connected mine today since years because of the vocoder which only the + has: great machine!

Tom Dee wrote:

an ensoniq dp4+?

Thanks Freek. I'm going to trade it with my nagra III (ensoniq, plus some other stuff) so it's a bit of an emotional decision. I only used the nagra once so i guess there's no use holding on to it but still it's very soft on the eyes...still not sure if i'm going to do it... roll

2,123 (edited by Stalker 2013-11-12 02:05:33)

Freek wrote:

Freek, could you post some examples of dp4+ vocoder?

yeah, emotional trades/sells are the most difficult.. maybe they can put a price on it? In NL they sell for between 250 and 400 euro. Its a very versatile machine a can sound both clean as gritty..

Tom Dee wrote:
Freek wrote:

Tom Dee wrote:

an ensoniq dp4+?

Thanks Freek. I'm going to trade it with my nagra III (ensoniq, plus some other stuff) so it's a bit of an emotional decision. I only used the nagra once so i guess there's no use holding on to it but still it's very soft on the eyes...still not sure if i'm going to do it... roll

TB or not TB

Stalker wrote:
Freek wrote:

Freek, could you post some examples of dp4+ vocoder?

Ill try to record some stuff later on.. I don't have all my synths over here and none of my poly/string synths so have to do it with some mono synth..

TB or not TB