Topic: Gearhunter.net - Search Engine For 2nd Hand Instruments

Hi!

I'm working on a search engine for second hand musical instruments.
It is still in beta which means there are some tiny bugs and some finetuning has to be done.
But it works!
At the moment there are more than 50.000 ads in the database.
Because I'm Dutch, most of the search results are from dutch online marketplaces but more and more non-dutch sites will be added in the (near) future.

Go give it a swing and tell me what you think about it!

Grtz,
BS-1

Re: Gearhunter.net - Search Engine For 2nd Hand Instruments

I like it!

bookmarked

Cool. Seems to work quite well already. Didn't find a future retro revolution though.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

credit_00 wrote:

bookmarked

me too

Please include essential information right away. Objects like price, distance, quality. Otherwise looks great Roland!

asteroid wrote:

Please include essential information right away. Objects like price, distance, quality. Otherwise looks great Roland!

Yes, that's on my (long  smile ) to-do list.

Thanks all for the feedback!

wow this is really cool bs-1!! def bookmarked.

worship the potentiometer.

Hi all

A small update!

After a weekend of extreme coding, Gear Hunter is now bi-lingual (Yay!).
So all you non-Dutch peeps who are desperately searching for a TR 808 or other musical gear, now can use (understand  big_smile ) it as well.

GearHunter is the only internet search engine that indexes (2nd hand) musical instruments from the web.
More sites are added every week.

Oh, (positive) feedback is appreciated!

http://www.gearhunter.net

10 (edited by INTERFUNK 2013-07-15 21:34:19)

nice...!

but i am mostly getting stuff from ebay as result.  in my opinion i would totally ignore ebay for your engine because they already have good worldwide search engines and most of the auctions are just on the run for max. 10 days. and you get all crap like parts, discs, plugins and manuals while searching for stuff like PPG for example. but also ROLAND juno / jupiter etc..

it would be cool if you could include some german related 2nd hand marketplaces like thomann.de - they have lot of listings and NO searchengine for these.

any chance for you to get some forums in your list? synthesizerforum.de has a good marketplace but this is only visible for members....

...so far - thumbs up - keep on the good work....

Orgel!

Thanks for your feedback!  smile

If you don't want to see eBay results, you can turn them (and other sites) off in the Setup menu (top left) to personalize the search results.
As for thomann.de and synthesizerforum.de, thank you! I've added them to my to-do list. I hope to add those sites soon.

I think designwise, and thought from the lazyness of the current internet user there should be three tickboxes already below the searchbar, and then a button saying more/ or more settings. E.g. Ebay + two other popular ones.
Or have all the tickboxes already under the searchbar?

I just gave it a shot and it worked fine: found two Distortion pedals on eBay.de (one of them I was searching for a while) and the good thing is that it searches in all countries Ive noticed. So I also find stuff like these two that normally arent shipped to my country. I mailed the seller and he was okee shipping international (normally he only ships within Germany).
So thanks for the search engine BS-1 smile

TB or not TB

@freek: i do that all the time, especially with ebay germany.

@roland: the only problem i still have with GH is that it doesn't accept limitations or conditions. for instance if i look for an 808 but don't want shirts, coffee mugs or condoms with an 808 print on it but just the real thing, i should be able to use the - sign, so not just "808" but "808 -shirt -mug -condom". but it doesn't do that.. or am i doing womething wrong?

rude66 wrote:

@freek: i do that all the time, especially with ebay germany.

yeah me too but now I don't have to check .co.uk .nl .de .com etc and search all at once..

TB or not TB

rude66 wrote:

or am i doing womething wrong?

No, you're not doing it wrong. It's not implemented yet  smile
I'm planning to implement the Google-style search commands you suggested in Q4 2013 or Q1 2014.
It was already on my list to implement, so don't be flattered  wink

New features are going to be added in the next couple of months.
Also new (international) sites will be crawled.

I'll keep you posted.

17 (edited by T.E.L. 2013-08-14 15:47:21)

bs-1: great site! I'm a fan of weird circuit bent experiments, and managed to find a very cool modified analog reverb/delay on Ebay.co.uk thanks to your site.

I didn't check, but I assume you include the postings from synthforum.nl?

Anyway, keep up the good work! I've long since bookmarked it.