276 (edited by mekonin 2014-04-03 12:58:35)

Re: RobotsForRobots forum suggestions

heifetz wrote:

What's wrong with accessing through the browser? Works fine for me..

It works great when I'm on my desktop, but on my mobile phone it is not possible.
I just made a suggestion to improving the whole experience, since everyone is on their phones now.

277 (edited by heifetz 2014-04-03 16:57:28)

Yeah I meant the mobile browser. But hey, people have different kinds of devices, no wrong or right here. i don't mind tapatalk etc, carry on.

im totally for upgrading the forum. If i have time in the next couple of months im gonna do it.
The forum seems pretty dead anyway so some updates cant do any harm i think  smile

279 (edited by coae 2015-11-13 16:52:50)

haven't been so active here in a long time. now it's seem that the forum (as stentec and the new member dj robopop pointed out, (thx for the mixes btw)) is pretty mush dead? witch feels sad. i guess people come and go / find other interests. but the interest for music should last (i think?) and even if your fed up with italo or electro the good about the whole ifm / r4r thing was that its was so diverse in the music taste, here you could find tips ranging from (as i sad) italo / electro (boooring! hehe) but also nigerian pop, rap and even rock (and everything between).

don't know if its make any difference but if i remembered right ifm had a forum, don't know if its still exist? if not -
why not open up that forum section again? playing right now on ifm was nice
and also in the music production section why not also (other than the general hardware / software discussion and track dump) make a topic  ~ music creation ~ or something like that...

The activity on the forum certainly has diminished. Then again, it's no wonder - it was started before Facebook really took off. I don't think people have moved on to other interestsso much, just other platforms. But yeah, it does feel sad. The sense of community revolving around the old CBS forum, which RFR later replaced, is pretty much gone. It's impossible to keep track of all the relevant groups on FB now. But hey, I'm just a nostalgic whiner smile

IFM had a forum, but it was restricted to musical topics, which I always thought was a shame. We already know we have that interest in common, it could have been an opportunity to exchange other interests too. It seems to be gone now anyway.

no facebook for me, there's actual music forums like this on facebook? (i sound like an old man cool, i live in a cave se my avatar) thought fb was only for showing of your perfect life and and your 500+ friends. i def ain't got no perfect life or nor no 500+ friends. the whole fb thing makes me depressed. (and to be honest it's looks kind of shitty / tacky.) evil facebook! myspace for the win smile) agree, the non music stuff is nice, a bit more personal ~ mr Technicolor posts a lot of funny pics, likes fashion, and art? hehe... i post Danilo Stankovic you post Martin Jacobson. that's nice...

you know any other platforms?

of topic (more whining) cool
you are a dj so guess you meet know people that have the same music taste / that are interested in music. in my little bubble to be honest its unusual. sharing my music interest in real life i have given up on, if someone asks its just ~ i listen to different stuff. if i say electronic / techno-ish people think avicii / swedish house something... ata kak or smackos nobody have ever heard of. a colleague tried to find out what i liked and its the basic question -tycker du om håkan hällström? hehe.

recently i felt that the forum is more active. i'm not posting a lot, but check the forum almost everyday.
i have fb and as everyone i don't really like it but use it. i do miss the old days when it was busy here (or at the old CBS).
Techni and STENTEC keeping the fire burning here smile thank you

True, I do have a a lot of people around me into the same music. I guess the need for a forum is even greater when you are musically isolated like you, coae smile

There was also the Globaldarkness forum, but I never visited that one too much. Don't know if it's still around or not.

Mule Driver, Always good to hear from you, don't be a stranger!

I'm with you guys!  facebook sucks.  Keep the fire burning

Check check!

Nostalgic thread from brother site..
http://www.djhistory.com/forum/goodbye-this-is-the-end

Tuō Men Xiōng Hǎopéngyou..

Sad as it is that this place keep limping along, there are plenty of ghost forums worse than r4r(have no idea why TLR bothered to re-started G.D ).
...forum culture has been dieing for years, and music forums seem to have taken the hit from facebook worse than other domains of interest. People seem happy to tweet an emoji and call that a discussion. Whatever, fuck em'...i'll still be here posting shite and laughing at techni's cartoons till the end.

I feel the urge to start a thread just to spite all those facebook mft'ers

Let's get Dumb

DumbBot wrote:

Sad as it is that this place keep limping along, there are plenty of ghost forums worse than r4r(have no idea why TLR bothered to re-started G.D ).
...forum culture has been dieing for years, and music forums seem to have taken the hit from facebook worse than other domains of interest. People seem happy to tweet an emoji and call that a discussion. Whatever, fuck em'...i'll still be here posting shite and laughing at techni's cartoons till the end.

I read this and started looking for the heart / like button.

Yes... Es tut leid sad(

jaaa. I hate facebook. Anyway still cool to see the peeps that i've met at parties at least once in the last 10 years writing here. cool

DumbBot wrote:

Wassup Dumbbot. Starborough here. Recognize what you're saying, and back with a vengeance ;-)

// Floating away in a hole darker than yours //

Welcome back Joost! I hope fatherhood is treating you well, or are you just here to slack off from poopy nappy duty? lol

Let's get Dumb

haha, not a father man, just married. But thanks for the welcome!

// Floating away in a hole darker than yours //

oh right you're still a slacker mind,.. tongue

Let's get Dumb

hi Starborough, welcome back