1,476 (edited by heifetz 2015-01-08 19:42:36)

Re: Tell everyone why you are happy.

Zubeldia wrote:
heifetz wrote:

Do it

wish i had the cash and time to throw a big V8 in there.

atm my budget limits me to back-seat/spare tire removal  lol

makes it very tailhappy (such fun) though, especially in winter on my summer rubbers.. already had a few moments of sideways driving these past months  big_smile

sideways driving is what driving is about  big_smile no need for v8 in slippery winter months  wink

1,477 (edited by Zubeldia 2015-09-03 14:57:28)

The postman just brought me a sealed original Paradise Frame, which I bought last week for an acceptable (at least to me..) price. On top of that, the Canadian seller was friendly enough to mark the parcel with a value of $4,95, so I've saved about 60 euro on import taxes  big_smile

Also have to mention I bought another copy a few months back, which I sent back because it was scratched. that particular seller (who seems to be selling my ex-copy on discogs atm.. so watch out!) has made a decent attempt at ripping me off by keeping the money and the record, but I'm still bickering with paypal/post to get the money back for that copy.

All in all, my personal struggle to obtain one of my most and longest wanted records, seems to be finally over!

Off to France climbing this morning...woot cool

Let's get Dumb

my house is in escrow and im getting ready to bounce... for good tongue

1,480 (edited by cebteq 2018-03-09 19:43:57)

Today is the last day I have to report to another human being and it feels fucking AMAZEBALLS...

what do you mean?

No more bosses

1,483 (edited by huxflux 2022-05-29 22:27:46)

A bunch of years ago my ex wife asked my dad what is happiness. His answer "the simple things in life, it is drinking coffee a saturday morning reading the news paper on your own calm before everything starts". We both thought it was kinda funny since we thought he as a "grown up" would have the ultimate answer. Dad passed away in january, but that is one fond memory I have.

1,484 (edited by huxflux 2022-05-29 23:07:26)

I have one more, which is acctual happiness. When I were like 12-13 years old dad took me to a store with vacume cleaners, when we entered my eye instantly landed on an Atari they had for demo. There were no games or programs, just the meer mouse moving was exiting for me. I never experience anything like it so after we left the store I told my dad I want that computer. He said we couldn't afford it. We didn't celebrate xmas or birthdays, so it looked loomey. There were 0 change I'd ever get that computer so I stopped asking.
Then one day he came to me and said "how about we go get that Atari you wanted". It was shocking for me, since I had stopped hoping.
We got that Atari and yes, it was a lot of game, but eventually I wanted to learn Basic and followed some magazines how to program.
Eventually Atari became PC and later I decided to make a carreer path and become a technican/system admin. So that little thing has followed all my life. I still have that Atari and will always keep it.

:waves at huxflux:

big_smile

Let's get Dumb

@huxflux My classmate had a commodore, if i remember right you could start a game and then go outside and play football or something while waiting for it to load. Those where the days...

Sorry to hear about your father

coae wrote:

@huxflux My classmate had a commodore, if i remember right you could start a game and then go outside and play football or something while waiting for it to load. Those where the days...

Sorry to hear about your father

Its not so much about the loading time. Its the expectation. Now this is strange but that time was very colorfull. I had an Atari with no monitor so it was connected to the TV via antenna cable so expect some distortion and not the bestests graphics but oh man the experience was next level. Ofcourse this is all clouded by nostalgia.

My favorite game was Zac McKraken. You had to resolve problems like how to open a flight compartment without the flight attendant noticing it. The solution was to put an egg in a microwave and wait it to explode. When it exploded the attendants would go all crazy about the mess it made so you had few seconds to open it to get your scuba gear. That also ment you needed a flight ticket and an egg on your trip to fight against Aliens.
- What aliens?
Well that is the mission to figure it all out smile

Its a hilarious game and I want to play it again. I have all the manuals but i seem to have lost the discs. I can't remember how. But I am looking in to it with my son how to even start the damn thing on a modern TV.

Thank you for the condolence.

1,488 (edited by coae 2022-08-29 19:53:16)

Agree that time was more colourful, guess since "entertainment" (in lack of a better term) where more sparse it made stuff have more meaning. A friends mother used to rent us a 'Moviebox' (a VCR in a leather suitcase cool) with Police Academy/ Ghostbusters or something like that and voila the weekend was a absolute success. Nowadays it's so saturated and blasé.

Zac McCracken - Maybe there's some emulator you can use? I use Retroarch for some old Nintendo games. looks like it would work with Atari. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyU1EVJazic

Man you even got a freaking 100 page paperback manual for some of the games back i those days... clouds of nostalgia