Topic: New Blade Runner

So whats the robots' take on this? Anyone already seen movies by the director Villeneuve?
And music by Johan Johanson? Hardly know shit from either so don't know what to expect....

2 (edited by ronin 2016-09-08 14:27:09)

Re: New Blade Runner

not a bad director in the current climate. cast looks a bit icky. score will probably be the usual orchestral nonsense with some elements of the original thrown in.

i predict fancy green-screen effects, hollywood shallowness and lots of action / explosions.

its the director from arrival which i liked very much and has ryan gosling .. cant go wrong i think ..

Vlam Aan

5 (edited by mekonin 2016-12-20 17:04:38)

The teaser is out:
[youtube]haXvp8M9Cog[/youtube]

cs-80 brass in there. all is not lost smile
looks great.

Watched it just before. I expected the worst, seen that it actually wasn't a bad movie. Probly trying too much too quote the original one in many ways. Also the story went garbage half-way. Still an enjoyable watch in the cinema.

it was shit.

MANASYt wrote:

it was shit.

Elaborate? Just curious, since I hear a lot of different opninions on the film with different arguments.

Did you watch it? I almost fell asleep....Plenty of eye candy and awesome soundtrack...and that was it!
Ryan Gosling???? Sorry, his fucking face doesn't fit this film  big_smile  Harrison Ford did some fistfights LOL...he could've been part of the furniture for all I care. A fight scene in the sea???? Ahahahah I almost died laughing. Where was the story? A fucking wooden horse? 3 hours of this crap? I was so looking forward to this....I couldn't believe how bad it was. But hey, that's just me.

11 (edited by cebteq 2017-12-01 19:55:29)

as far as I'm concerned...you're better off watching coco in español  tongue

12 (edited by MANASYt 2017-12-02 06:06:40)

I'll try that  wink

13 (edited by coae 2018-02-09 13:28:49)

Think it was ok. Was expecting just another Hollywood action, so i think the slow pace actually was a nice surprise. Many films make the assumption that the audience are completely idiots/ overexplain every single scene/ plot, not so much in BR2049 so kudos. Dave Bautista yes, Ryan Gosling maybe, Jared Leto no.

Don't watch a lot of films/ TV so maybe I'm wrong, but are any original Hollywood films made these days, that will last 20 years from now? Blade Runner, Alien, Ghostbusters, Star wars, The Godfather, Nightmare on elm street, Conan, Predator and so on, all where original and had character. These days remakes, sequels and forgettable films?