Topic: A Love Letter To The 808 (2 hour non-stop mix)

https://soundcloud.com/dvsnme/roland_tr … ce-electro

In celebration of 808 day (the 8th of August) I have put together a non-stop mix of songs that feature the Roland TR-808 drum machine. This mix isn't solely Electro music and it highlights the flexibility of the machine within the context of Hip Hop, R&B, Electro, Shoegaze, Industrial, House, Soul, Rap, Techno and more.

The Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer is a drum machine introduced by the Roland Corporation in 1980. It was one of the earliest drum machines that allowed users to program their own rhythms instead of using preset patterns. Unlike its nearest competitor at the time, the 808 generates sounds using analog synthesis rather than playing samples.

The 808 was used on more hit records than any other drum machine in history. Its popularity within Hip Hop, in particular, has made it one of the most influential inventions ever in popular music.

This mix published for the @DarkScienceElectro program which is an Electro music podcast/blog that publishes daily on Facebook and Soundcloud. The artwork that represents the mix is by www.redbubble.com/people/kellygilleran

Debonaire - TR-DEB
Sir-Mix-A-Lot - Posse On Broadway
Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
Mantronix - Needle To The Groove
Cocteau Twins - Wax And Wane
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
Eazy-E - Boyz In The Hood
Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey
Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Man Parrish - Hip Hop Be Bop (Don't Stop)
Freestyle - Don't Stop The Rock
The 2 Live Crew - Throw The D
Cybotron - Clear
Egyptian Lover - Egypt Egypt
Afrika Bambaataa - Planet Rock
Professor X - Saga
Ghostown DJs - My Boo
Drexciya - Andreaen Sand Dunes
Dynamik Bass System - Side By Side
LL Cool J - Going Back To Cali
New Kids On The Block - Please Don't Go, Girl
Too $hort - Freaky Tales
Rodney O & Joe Cooley - Everlasting Bass
NWA - Gangsta, Gangsta
T La Rock - It's Yours
Hashim - Al-Naafyish
Model 500 - Night Drive
Adonis - No Way Back
Underground Resistance - Final Frontier

Re: A Love Letter To The 808 (2 hour non-stop mix)

cool great mix

Let's get Dumb