Re: What new booty have you acquired?

Roland SH01a, nice little machine!

Waldorf Largo

Faderfox pc12 + Motu M2

I just swapped out my Arturia Matrixbrute for a Korg Prologue 16.
I got into modular a few months ago, so the Matrixbrute was a bit sad i didn't use him a lot anymore.
Also i really needed some analog polyphony in my setup.
Those pads coming from the Prologue are awesome.

Those are both dreamsynths outside of my budget. The matrixbrute seemed always a bit overwhelming to me. Tried the prologue once in a shop and it sounded like a beast.

Sequential OB-6 Keys
Novation BassStation II
Novation Launchpad Pro 3

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

Sequential OB-6 Keys
Novation BassStation II
Novation Launchpad Pro 3

Nice stash over there...got the Blofeld amd Pulse 2 from Waldorf. Dreamimg of the Iridium.

fantomas wrote:
S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

Sequential OB-6 Keys
Novation BassStation II
Novation Launchpad Pro 3

Nice stash over there...got the Blofeld amd Pulse 2 from Waldorf. Dreamimg of the Iridium.

Yeah in in shopping therapy mode. They should be delivered this week. Can't wait for the OB-6. That machine has been on my wantlist for years and i manged to get a great deal on some stuff new from a shop.

Next in line:
UDO Super Six
AMS Hydrasynth

But first some playing with the OB-6.

That Iridium looks awsome btw

fantomas wrote:
S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

Sequential OB-6 Keys
Novation BassStation II
Novation Launchpad Pro 3

How OK is the blofeld when it comes to hands-on programming and sculpting sounds? Aiming to have a main multitimbral synth. For now my Zynthian does that job which sounds fantastic, but programming it is a PITA.

Well, Blofeld is def. versatile and lots of synthesis power on that form and price factor. It is menu diving, but once you get around its structure, it's pretty intuitive. Due to the fact it was released a while ago...I would totally save for the Iridium. iridium it's a beast. Not sure if there is another synth on the market, with so much flexibility in sound. but it's $2500. Trt to rent a Blofeld for a month...see how it works for you.

Thanks! The Iridum is so out of my budget I could sell my entire studio for it. Also prefer simplicity over versatility.

Got a new used laptop, so upgraded to Bitwig 3 for some fun modular action on The Grid.

Have been hardware only for years, but would be interested in Bitwig as it runs on Linux. Is it capable also as a midi sequencer for external gear?

Yeah, it can sequence external gear, even send control voltage out if you've got a dc coupled sound card, which I don't have. I haven't used it too much for sequencing though, I'm also mainly hardware except for tracking and mixing, that's about all my old macbook air could handle. The Grid is pretty neat as you can build sequencers and send them out to vsts or midi. Haven't tried midi yet, away from my gear at the moment.

https://rc-808.com
now this

elektron analog heat

Sonicware ELZ_1  cool

And now the 1010music blackbox. What a powerhorse!

Faderfox dj4

Picked up a 606 with a Quicksilver cpu installed. It's got shuffle! Among other neat stuff.

dequalsrxt wrote:

Picked up a 606 with a Quicksilver cpu installed. It's got shuffle! Among other neat stuff.

Sweet! Do the new Behringer/Roland versions have that?

I got myself the 1010 Blackbox. Most fun sampler/pocket-studio I've used so far. Enjoying it a lot!

I believe they do.

I've heard the Blackbox is fun, a friend of mine has one. Haven't had a chance to check it out myself though.

dequalsrxt wrote:

I believe they do.

I've heard the Blackbox is fun, a friend of mine has one. Haven't had a chance to check it out myself though.

Yeah it's in a way an odd machine, as it feels more like sound-production studio than instrument. But that is off course an asset in itself smile

UDO Super Six
AMS Hydrasynth

Eurorack
All Erica Synths or building a Techno System

Sequencer
Kick
Cymbals
Toms
Hi-Hats D
Hi-Hats A
Modulator
Dual FX
Dual Drive
Drum Stereo Mixer
Drum Mixer

Norand Mono

Little powerfull mono synth with 303 like sequencer but with many modern features.
Liking it so far. Pretty cool te be able to record knob movements.

https://norand.io/_nuxt/img/f4810a0.jpg

https://norand.io/