Re: Vinyl cutters or press machine?

@qob: indeed, dead moon is the one!

@bias: so? we're only allowed to use 2008 technology? you drive a car? also old technology. you have a heated house? also old technology. without those vintage techniques, you'd not be able to sit behind your pc and type your messages at all..

xebeche wrote:

There is a pretty informative segment on Slices DVD magazine on Vinyl Manufacturing. You should really try and see if you can find it. Vinyl manufacturing is a serious process that requires great skill and money , best left to the big boys.

Issue 04-07 big_smile

bias wrote:
rude66 wrote:

@bias: so? we're only allowed to use 2008 technology? you drive a car? also old technology. you have a heated house? also old technology. without those vintage techniques, you'd not be able to sit behind your pc and type your messages at all..

no

YES

Acta est fabula....

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

Acta est fabula....

oh, cool, a no-yes debate.. thats all we were waiting for!

maybe?

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

ascii and icanhazcheezburger posts getting proper usage in this thread

Probably a bit of topic here but Ive got one vinyl question:

Whats does it mean if someone says that two tracks on a record are chipped?

it says:

A1 and B1 are chipped

SUY wrote:

Probably a bit of topic here but Ive got one vinyl question:

Whats does it mean if someone says that two tracks on a record are chipped?

it says:

A1 and B1 are chipped

there's  a part missing from the record

35 (edited by SUY 2008-09-01 15:58:22)

ok thanks. So You mean that the tracks are shortend by a fade out..?

Thats sucks a little, but I think i'm gonne order the record anywayz

36 (edited by automa 2008-09-01 22:41:32)

is this thread serious? rude66 is right. homecutting is not gonna do the trick. if the vinyl is soft enough for a needle to cut a groove it is going to be too soft to be durable. even bias is actually right this one time: you're better off burning a CD than cutting your own vinyl. it's always going to sound shite... cutting an acetate to produce the metalworks for pressing vinyl is an art, leave it to the pros.

SUY wrote:

ok thanks. So You mean that the tracks are shortend by a fade out..?

Thats sucks a little, but I think i'm gonne order the record anywayz

no, there's a part of the record missing/broken off

38 (edited by SUY 2008-09-03 12:17:28)

What sick mind would sell a broken record!?

And strange that the man says "good plus" when its broken

anyway thanks for the info Raoul

Squadra Smackos wrote:

[ If its for releasing records on a label, isn't it cheaper to just press the records at a plant? You can press a lot of records for the money that thing costs. And you have to carefully manage and clean each record that is being cut with those things...a very time consuming thing if you want to make a few hundred records (or even 50 or whatever)...and those clean records you can cut on are also quite expensive I think.

Squadra is right: if your goal is to get vinyl out in limited quantities, then find yourself a quality pressing plant, they have endless more experience with the technology

off topic, but it's the same with mastering: find someone who does it professionally, too many artists and labels think "we can do it ourselves", but normalizing your tracks isn't the same as doing serious mastering, it doesn't have to be expensive and you'll get lots of quality in return

Nukubot wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

[ If its for releasing records on a label, isn't it cheaper to just press the records at a plant? You can press a lot of records for the money that thing costs. And you have to carefully manage and clean each record that is being cut with those things...a very time consuming thing if you want to make a few hundred records (or even 50 or whatever)...and those clean records you can cut on are also quite expensive I think.

Squadra is right: if your goal is to get vinyl out in limited quantities, then find yourself a quality pressing plant, they have endless more experience with the technology

off topic, but it's the same with mastering: find someone who does it professionally, too many artists and labels think "we can do it ourselves", but normalizing your tracks isn't the same as doing serious mastering, it doesn't have to be expensive and you'll get lots of quality in return

Amen

Acta est fabula....

hehe - THX guys for your oppinions. I have decided that is the best that vinyl pressing should be for the professionals.
No more thinking about buying this stuff - it is more cheaper, simple and efficiant to order.
Cheers

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGRRUec … re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IReDh9ec … re=related[/youtube]