Re: question for users of digital dj systems with time code records

probably not. i don't think they'd want you to get another brand of time code records.

bias wrote:

why not? it's just the soundcard.

Some Brands are extremely proprietary , when i first got my MBOX 1 it worked with nothing but ProTools.

you can use the audio 8 soundcard with other software as well, it might not like your TC vinyls though. i've never tried this out myself because i'm pretty happy with traktor as it is. just discovered this thread on the ni forums which point out some success stories using other software/TC vinyl combinations with audio 8.

29 (edited by xebeche 2008-09-04 17:43:09)

I was using VDJ and very happy but i changed audio interfaces and it won't work with it, so im trying out Traktor. At first i didn't really get used to the skin but its ok. I like that i reads flac ; that's a plus with VDJ OSX version i couldn't do that.
I really have to think about getting a controller for myself maybe a Vestax  VCI 100 , only thin its a always something arriving to a venue and not having enough space so maybe a VCM 100. Although i think that one is controller + audio interface in one ?

wasn't Deckadance supposed to be really good?

the vci 300 from vestax is a soundcard/ controller in one.. i really liked the 100. solid as a rock!

Yeah most deff overpriced , i figured since i own a decent interface maybe must bring a small midi controller like a Novation Nocturn which go for 90 euro new , the other one is the M Audio X Session Pro but i don't like MAudio gear.

I don't like m-audio either and the novation stuff has been a pleasure to use, especially with the automap 2 software.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Poodle wrote:

wasn't Deckadance supposed to be really good?

i've been playing around with Deckadance lately, it's reaaaally nice, as well as doing a fine job on mp3/wav mixing, it allows vst plugins/instruments and has built-in sampler / beat-looper. it's still a little buggy, but the most fun one i've used so far.

the vci 100 was a joy to use. i've tested many, many controllers and that one is solid as a rock. unlike most others. also it has by far, far, far the nicest control wheels, actually usable rather than the shitty toylike feel on most. if its your most imoortant interface for digital dj

36 (edited by xebeche 2008-09-05 20:31:59)

I saw somebody use the Numark total control last night , looks almost as shitty as the Hercules , i think for the extra 200 might be worth the robustness of the VCI-100. Midi is Midi but when it comes to jog wheels you don't want to mess around.
Im really interested in trying this controller out.

hey ruud, just worth mentioning that if you're using the m-audio connectiv there's a dial (2 actually) to pan back/forth between hearing the digital or a 'real' 12".  torq is the software that comes w/that.  i don't believe all time coded records are the same.  I'm sure you could contact these folx and get in-depth answers.

http://www.mspinky.com/

-tp

Teep wrote:

hey ruud, just worth mentioning that if you're using the m-audio connectiv there's a dial (2 actually) to pan back/forth between hearing the digital or a 'real' 12".  torq is the software that comes w/that.  i don't believe all time coded records are the same.  I'm sure you could contact these folx and get in-depth answers.

http://www.mspinky.com/

-tp

torq was co-developed with the guy that developed the mspinky vinyl timecodes. definitely, not all timecode vinyl are the same. Here's some general info from the mspinky forum about timecode vinyl & common vinyl timecode problems:

http://www.mspinky.com/Some_Technical_Info_on_VInyl.pdf

http://eks.fi/img/kuvapankki/image/Otus/Otus_perspective_black_crop.jpg

Dual Layer mode is a sweet feature , but  no cross fader sad
supposed to come out this month EKS