Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

KkLOVENHOOF wrote:

that album art is terrible. please no more photoshop drippy paint bullshit

yeah, it's pretty generic, super trendy style.

I preferred the fat black lips. Original or not, those are some nice lips.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Of the three albums Black Devil did, this is the lesser one I think but still good. I hear he's trying different things on this album which turns out for the good but not always (or is it me?).
Eight Oh Eight is still way above average compared to most of the electrodisco that is released today. I mean you could buy a lot worse.

B.t.w. the devil is in the details: all three albums have 6 tracks forming the number 666. wink

"Are you loving?"

Klart wrote:

I preferred the fat black lips. Original or not, those are some nice lips.

I must admit I'm ambivalent about the artwork for the new LP's/EP's but I think it would have been more fun to get the artist to that did that black chick on the original record working again... good point Klart!

666 eh? Hmm... roll

Is all sound music?

30 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-23 18:10:02)

Klart wrote:

666 eh? Hmm... roll

Eh yeah, like... 6 6 6 roll

count the traxxx

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

count the traxxx

Oh I can do the maths OK.

Just never really been one for devil worship tbh (hence use of the sarcastic smiley in my post).

The world is dark enough as it is thanks...

Is all sound music?

I find the devil and intriging concept hence my message about the number of the beast. I'm not the devilworshipping kind either, to be clear.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

I find the devil and intriging concept hence my message about the number of the beast. I'm not the devilworshipping kind either, to be clear.

Understood.

smile

Is all sound music?

34 (edited by Kenzaburo 2008-09-23 21:09:20)

Scarface wrote:

Of the three albums Black Devil did, this is the lesser one I think but still good. I hear he's trying different things on this album which turns out for the good but not always (or is it me?).
Eight Oh Eight is still way above average compared to most of the electrodisco that is released today. I mean you could buy a lot worse.

There isn't much electrodisco released nowdays anyway, is there???

...And I think the new Black Devil is worse than what little is released nowdays in terms of nu-disco or whatever. Even the production is shitty. It's the end of times I tell you!

baleariksoul wrote:

Just never really been one for devil worship tbh

Scarface wrote:

I'm not the devilworshipping kind either, to be clear.

christian disco ftw!

recently i discovered (from a documentary) that after 28 year's a calendar falls in the exact same position as 28 year's before,did he did it on purpose?

probably yes, but still you have to have a lot of patience to do so...

37 (edited by Scarface 2008-09-23 22:25:46)

@JamesTRubotnik
Whatever you get your inspiration from, dude. I think of the devil as a pretty inspirational figure, that's all jeeezz :X

@Kenzaburo
Yes, I agree now there are much better electrodisco releases too. And electrodisco (if there's such a thing but o.k. let's give it a name) has had it's peak years ago, true. Time for something else then? Time will tell...

"Are you loving?"

38 (edited by schmoltz 2008-09-23 22:51:34)

hmm, must be just me, but the new black devil disco club is really hardly anywhere near any new "electrodisco" or "nu-disco" releases imho. it just does not stick in there. this is hardly even disco really. ahh hell, caught up in defining genres again.

edit: typo

I love it up! Some tracks I don't care for but I enjoyed it more than I did the first listen.

Great stuff, hah!

And I like the art.  =/

"Another day, another dollar, another irreplaceable chunk of a finite and rapidly decreasing lifetime."

schmoltz wrote:

hmm, must be just me, but the new black devil disco club is really hardly anywhere near any new "electrodisco" or "nu-disco" releases imho. it just does not stick in there. this is hardly even disco really. ahh hell, caught up in defining genres again.

edit: typo

I've got it, it's black devil disco club! smile Well, it ain't what it used to be and I think that's what bothers most people who don't like Eight Oh Eight. They just want the same over and over. Go and listen to tracks of the first or second (if you're up for it) LP then.

"Are you loving?"