Topic: 03-10-2008 klinch: Electronation: ACID SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA + others

Live: Acid Symphony Orchestra

DJ sets: Jori Hulkkonen, Jesper Dahlb

Re: 03-10-2008 klinch: Electronation: ACID SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA + others

This is gonna rock hard......The Melkweg will never be the same

Yes! Aciiiiieeeeed smile

Looking forward to this! Have seen the guys play a couple times before, so eager to see what it will be like this time. Extra cool they come to the Netherlands wink Noted in calendar!

Glowing in the dark

ten Roland TB-303 bassline synthesizers and one TR-808 drummachine.

impressive

Acta est fabula....

seen the internet movie on youtube... looked very cool

I saw the youtube movie too but was really dissapointed, I expected a symphony but what I saw was a quite boring 303 jam going nowhere... I mean with ten 303's you have to come with something special, two or three 303's would do the trick also and you can do without the other 7 that sounded pretty out of tune...

it sounded more gimmick than symphony to me.. perfect for electronation I guess wink

TB or not TB

btw: with 'boring' I mean, you can do better than that if you want to call it a symphony.. suits dont make symphonys wink

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:

btw: with 'boring' I mean, you can do better than that if you want to call it a symphony.. suits dont make symphonys wink

come on don't be so sour before even seeing the show. i like the concept and am curious about the outcome.
weren't you also in some acid megagroup at some point? you want to tell me there was nothing gimmicky about that?

Im curious about what they will do but did not like the youtube video of them in suits playing boring acid tunes.

10 (edited by Sander 2008-09-02 19:22:26)

One or two 303(s) and an 808 is enough. With a group of people you cannot make cool acid. Every time I hear a nice bassline, it will change into something not nice and also chaotic, too much lines at one time. I think they only get booked because people like to see 10 men with a 303, but musically it is not good. Pretty expensive also all those flight tickets.

Listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-63aCiPvfw

I really cannot listen to it anymore after a while.

raoul wrote:
Freek wrote:

come on don't be so sour before even seeing the show. i like the concept and am curious about the outcome.

I'm not being sour, I rather see 303's being sour wink I like the concept too but the outcome (on youtube, didnt see it live) wasnt that interesting.. that's all.. To me it would be more interesting if they played a real (excisting) symphony instead of a jam with ten 303's...

raoul wrote:
Freek wrote:

weren't you also in some acid megagroup at some point? you want to tell me there was nothing gimmicky about that?

I never joined any megagroup so maybe you hold me for someone else... dunno were you got that info..
My tb303 was invited for such a 'acid megagroup' at one point but I wasnt, and my 303 doesnt like supergroups and silly suits so he didnt joined in smile and yes that was pretty gimmick..

Sander wrote:

With a group of people you cannot make cool acid.

dunno about that, it should be possible.. or worth a try...

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:
raoul wrote:
Freek wrote:

I'm not being sour, I rather see 303's being sour wink I like the concept too but the outcome (on youtube, didnt see it live) wasnt that interesting.. that's all.. To me it would be more interesting if they played a real (excisting) symphony instead of a jam with ten 303's...

or even better, a new symphony, especially written for 303's, which i hope is the case here

Freek wrote:
raoul wrote:
Freek wrote:

I never joined any megagroup so maybe you hold me for someone else... dunno were you got that info..
My tb303 was invited for such a 'acid megagroup' at one point but I wasnt, and my 303 doesnt like supergroups and silly suits so he didnt joined in smile and yes that was pretty gimmick..

ok, i missed this, was a wrong assumption

Freek wrote:
Sander wrote:

With a group of people you cannot make cool acid.

dunno about that, it should be possible.. or worth a try...

that's why i like to see it

raoul wrote:

or even better, a new symphony, especially written for 303's, which i hope is the case here

according to the youtube movie and the comment from 'the conductor' that is not the case..

raoul wrote:

ok, i missed this, was a wrong assumption

no problem smile

raoul wrote:

that's why i like to see it

maybe you should have a peek at the youtube movies, or not and just go for the live-event smile

TB or not TB

i couldn't even imagine doing this with 10 303's.. in the 303 allstars we use 5 303's, and thats already hard enough...

too bad i won't be in the country, i'd love to see the 10 303 setup..

15 (edited by Kalle Karvanen 2008-10-01 22:20:04)

This Friday!

What I've heard is that 808 is going to be replaced by 707, to create more authentic acid house vibe.

Edit: Oh, and that film on Youtube doesn't really tell the truth where we are today. This has been developing musically every time.

Kalle Karvanen wrote:

This Saturday!

What I've heard is that 808 is going to be replaced by 707, to create more authentic acid house vibe.

uhhh, more authentic?

Sander wrote:
Kalle Karvanen wrote:

This Saturday!

uhhh, more authentic?

Sorry, it's this Friday.

Yeah well, this is again a question of what different people like. Authentic is kind of a wrong word I have to admit, because 808 is THE shit also. We're trying a 707 for a change, because it definitely also has the right vibe for the Acid Symphony as well as 808.

Sander wrote:
Kalle Karvanen wrote:

This Saturday!

uhhh, more authentic?

707 is definitely an authentic acid machine.
"acid tracks" anyone?

heavy duty on the mixer eq-ing 10 basslines... good luck!

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

that was cool. wouldn't have wanted to miss that. cool to meet janne and kalle again too.

21 (edited by David Vunk 2008-10-04 14:50:39)

VJ: AlexEtJeremy   they normaly do gay movies vj stuff   or did they do something else?

raoul wrote:
Sander wrote:
Kalle Karvanen wrote:

This Saturday!

uhhh, more authentic?

"acid tracks" anyone?

Indeed it is, but the "more" comment was what was being questioned, which has been cleared up now. smile

I think it sounded cool at he beginning of the clip, then it just loses me.

raoul wrote:
Sander wrote:
Kalle Karvanen wrote:

This Saturday!

uhhh, more authentic?

"acid tracks" anyone?

The best is combining both machines. Bassdrum of the 707, hihats of the 808. Only a 707 all the time is not so cool.