Re: Wipeout HD - CBS custom tracklist

I'm having most problems with the time trials, some are damn hard (even bronze). Tournaments are easy, most races too. Tip for speed lap: use the (first) speed boost just before the finish, so you can use two in one lap.

Finally got past Vertigo.

Using the Icaras as well to get some more speed. I guess the Feisar is just too slow for some stuff.

Btw (to be on topic): my new soundtrack: Duplex - Late Night Driving: works great!

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

I'm having most problems with the time trials, some are damn hard (even bronze). Tournaments are easy, most races too. Tip for speed lap: use the (first) speed boost just before the finish, so you can use two in one lap.

Finally got past Vertigo.

Using the Icaras as well to get some more speed. I guess the Feisar is just too slow for some stuff.

Be sure to set sensitivity for acceleration to 10% otherwise the acceleration button will pressure sensitive and you always want max speed. This seems to be a common mistake.

I use [] for acceleration and () for firing and R1 for absorbing. This way i dont have to move any fingers when firing/absorbing so I dont fuck up my race line. I steer with the d-pad and have airbrakes on L2/R2.

Getting the perfect raceline on a map (taking corners tighter, travelling in a straighter lince, etc) can almost always be bettered even if you think you've made a perfect lap. On Anulpha Pass I did a perfect lap with venom in 36 seconds which I thought would be almost impossible to get better. After doing 99 laps in racebox speedlap mode I'm now down to 31.xx seconds, and 2 seconds or so of that was just by taking corners better, the rest was taking the boost at a new place and doing 3 barrels rolls.

Most tracks have places where you can barrel roll which will easily shave of up to a second of the lap times, especially if you manage to do a barrel roll after using turbo.

I need love

I only managed to do the barrel roll one time- by accident. It must be me doin somethin' wrong but just to steer quickly left-right-left (or the other way around) is not doing it for me.

Where are the [] and () buttons btw llcoolkm..?

Strictly Rockaas

54 (edited by meschi 2008-10-06 19:23:30)

square and circle I think... took me a while to figure it out wink

Here's my WOHD custom playlist... Going for the best Wipeout vibe ever surely isn't equal to going for the greatest tracks ever! These tunes fits the game perfectly imo:

Alpha 606 - Samborg
Aril Brikha - Akire
DJ Bone - Activist
DJ Deeon - Akceier 8 (DJ Deeon Original Mix)
Daft Punk - Musique
Daft Punk - Superheroes
Dopplereffekt - Infophysix
Ellen Allien & Apparat - Rotary
Essit Muzique - Essit Muzique 1
Infiniti - Game One
Japanese Telecom - Rising Sun, Game Player (John Selway Remix)
Ken Ishii - Creation The State of Art (Full Option)
Kenny Larkin - Catatonic (First State)
Los Hermanos - Central Nervous Systems
Mist - Protocol Rain
Octave One - Siege
Posatronix - Posatronix
Random Noise Generation - Minds Reality
Technasia - Force (Voxless)
The Advent - Stassis
The Aztec Mystic - Jaguar
The Martian - Stardancer
The Prodigy - Hyperspeed (G-Force Part 2)
Theo Parrish - Falling Up (Carl Craig Remix)
Ural 13 Diktators - Night Club Red Star
Urban Tribe - RNA World
Vinyl Countdown - Paroles
Vitalic - You Prefer Cocaine
Walker - Interference 303
Yellow Magic Orchestra - Rydeen

Add me on PSN for some robot to robot antigrav racing, ID = Optiroc

Obi1r wrote:

I only managed to do the barrel roll one time- by accident. It must be me doin somethin' wrong but just to steer quickly left-right-left (or the other way around) is not doing it for me.

Where are the [] and () buttons btw llcoolkm..?

Square/circle smile

You have to do the barrel rolls when in the air and they are _not_ easy to do. I'm managing to do them maybe 75% of the times im trying and the more difficult ones from small jumps maybe 10-20% of the times.

They're easier to do when not using the internal camera. When you have an external view only the ship will roll and not your entire screen smile Although I only play using the internal view so I kinda suck at barrel rolls.

Theyre also probably easier to do with the d-pad than the analogue stick as well.

I need love

I'm adding/removing from my playlist almost daily to find out what works. Besides all the cold storage tracks from Wipeout 1 and 2097 I'm currently listening to:

Ural 13 diktators - World domination
Scape one - The star fraction
Scape one - Cosmic waves
Scape one - The butterfly effect
Mouse on mars - I go ego why go we go
Mouse on mars - schlecktron
Mouse on mars - Bib
Mouse on mars - Chartnok
Teslasonic - Tesla discover
The octagon man - Genotype X
The octagon man - Metron wave
Dark vektor - Touch tomorrow
Arabian prince - Professor X saga
Stephan Hill & Koljah - Nonresponder
Alpha 606 - Rise of human being
Gosub - Init your mind
Polarius - Fallin snow
Pantytec - Elastobabe
Suicide booth - Raumpilot
u-ziq - The motorbike track
Front 242 - U-men

I need love

perhaps a stupid question, but when do I used the absorbing button ?
I don't know if I miss something, but I never used it before...

Tune in to Pitchounet Radio (24/7) : http://pitchounet.serverroom.us:4360/listen.pls
"The Swiss Fondue Mixture", LIVE each Wednesday 22:00-23:00 on IFM1
MIXES MIXES MIXES

Absorb is for absorbing weapons instead of firing/using them. Absorbing gives you shield back which is necessary to survive on harder levels.

I need love

thanks for the explanation, so it looks very useful, because some time i don't want to use some weapons...

Tune in to Pitchounet Radio (24/7) : http://pitchounet.serverroom.us:4360/listen.pls
"The Swiss Fondue Mixture", LIVE each Wednesday 22:00-23:00 on IFM1
MIXES MIXES MIXES