Topic: Meccanoid - Alexander Robotnick & TLR 3/11/08 Melbourne Australia

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2881054435_9e28da5cbc.jpg?v=0
Meccanoid '80's Brat pack' party!
Featuring: Alexander Robotnick & TLR (Cr

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

Re: Meccanoid - Alexander Robotnick & TLR 3/11/08 Melbourne Australia

oh shit yeh, can't wait!  I've cancelled my camping trip for this

Hehe me too big_smile

I'm thinking this:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/1sexy-gal-weird-science.jpg

robotnick sucks. i went to his show in zurich some months ago expecting too much i guess. it turned out rather boring.

ymmv.

just saw a vid from the party in bucharest he played last weekend and i must say i was quite surprised. really liked what i saw... a passionate 58 year old guy, who probably went to a lot of ups and downs in his life, dancing and singing behind his laptop and having fun! he was so much better than some years ago when i saw him in munich.

Queen Of Blood wrote:

a passionate 58 year old guy, who probably went to a lot of ups and downs in his life, dancing and singing behind his laptop and having fun!

This is what I'm hoping for... am expecting it to be a little cheesy, but probably a lot of fun.

Also hoping he has the patience to sign all my robotnick-related records big_smile

hysteric wrote:
Queen Of Blood wrote:

a passionate 58 year old guy, who probably went to a lot of ups and downs in his life, dancing and singing behind his laptop and having fun!

This is what I'm hoping for... am expecting it to be a little cheesy, but probably a lot of fun.

Also hoping he has the patience to sign all my robotnick-related records big_smile

he wasn't playing any cheese here in zurich, that's what really disappointed me. just some hard house/techno/whatever. i don't think he played anything remotely close to his releases from the 80s.

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

he wasn't playing any cheese here in zurich, that's what really disappointed me. just some hard house/techno/whatever. i don't think he played anything remotely close to his releases from the 80s.

Eh I'm not that fussed about Robotnick...I'm looking forward to TLR big_smile

That is a long trip or TLR.

in Bucharest he played italo disco...but yes sometimes is more bum bum ...i think it depends on booker on what crowd push him.

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
hysteric wrote:
Queen Of Blood wrote:

11 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2008-10-01 13:08:12)

ok i blame it on the club then. no wonder with their hipper than thou attitude. two weeks ago they had fred ventura there who played a good but short show. after mr. ventura some guy from minimal rome was on. can't figure out why... apart from them being both italian there's no connection at all...

not saying minimal is shite but if you do an italo night do it properly!

Sander wrote:

That is a long trip or TLR.

TLR rides again....

haha that hustler club, located in an arabic area is priceless

"Reasons beyond our control have unfortunately forced us to change venues.

PLEASE NOTE, NEW VENUE:
Niagara Hotel, 383 Lonsdale St. Melbourne CBD"

I was planning to come to this except cheap flights aren't happening cos of the melbourne cup...goddamn

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital