Re: Should I buy...

should i buy a used pair of Alesis M1 MK2 monitor speakers for 200eur?

102 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-10-19 23:32:28)

No! You can buy them new for 144 euro for a pair in the shop! (The passive ones)

And even the active ones (with build in amplifier) are something like 180 euros new for a pair!

So No, that guy is ripping you of...

edit

here is a link http://www.thomann.de/nl/search_dir.htm … =0&y=0

it's this model:
http://www.thomann.de/nl/alesis_m1_akti … _mk_ii.htm
so they are around 290 for a pair
anyways, the seller is a friend of mine and he gave them to me for a test and to pay when i please
so do you still think i should bargain for the price?

hmm... should i trade my tr-606 for an sh-1000? i guess not... but it's a bit tempting. the sh-1000 might be simple and ancient but i still find it a bit charming. does anyone have any experience with it?

it's this model:
http://www.thomann.de/nl/alesis_m1_akti … _mk_ii.htm
so they are around 290 for a pair
anyways, the seller is a friend of mine and he gave them to me for a test and to pay when i please
so do you still think i should bargain for the price?

Ow I thought that 180 one was the aktiv version...90 of the price is ok ain't it?

hans olof wrote:

hmm... should i trade my tr-606 for an sh-1000? i guess not... but it's a bit tempting. the sh-1000 might be simple and ancient but i still find it a bit charming. does anyone have any experience with it?

It is a relatively simple synth, but I think it has a lovely sound to it.  A bit reedy, but in a good way.  In its stock form it's a "player's synth" in that there's no control inputs.  I haven't seen any modified with CV/Gate inputs...but I've only seen 3 of them in my lifetime.  I'm sure it's possible.

If I was faced with that trade I'd be awfully tempted to go for it.

107 (edited by plikestechno 2008-10-21 05:23:49)

I'd go for the SH-1000. Especially if it is in very nice shape.

The 606 is the 606 but I think a lot of the drum machines from the early 80s will provide a similar enough sound. My Programma ST-305 basically sounds like a 606.

The TV station I work for recently merged with another one and a guy in his 50s was talking about keyboards once he knew I was into them. He just had a couple as a hobby. He was all impressed with the last keyboard he bought (an Alesis QS6 or 8) he bought years ago brand new from an Alesis rep locally but I was more interested when he mentioned that he had an SH-1000 that he's had under a cover "for years." He said he wanted an ARP 2600 but couldn't afford it at Giovanni Music when he was younger. I was surprised a local store sold 2600s. I'll have to keep an eye out.

I had to pretend to be like all "woo-hoo" about the QS6 but the whole time I was thinking "I wonder what I could get that SH-1000 for?" He also mentioned that a friend of his did a mod where you could play it in east indian scales. That people from across North America used to ask his friend how to do it. And that his was modded.

He's a really nice guy. An old hippy. He doesn't use it but he doesn't seem like he'd sell it. For sentimental reasons or just not needing the cash reasons. He'd probably rather lend it to me than sell it so I won't push the issue. At least not for a while. If I were to approach the subject again what would be the best way to do it without seeming like a jerk? Could I say that it might have the sound I'm looking for on a track or something?

handover or standover?

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

you could ask him to come 'jam' ?

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

yeah.. "im working on this track and i think some east indian analogue synth parts would fit right into it"

just be nice and ask him if you can borrow it a little because you're interested in analogue synths. or offer him one of your machines that he can play with..

don't try to screw him out of it. i've known several people to do that, and i thinks thats a super shitty thing to do.
besides, what goes around, comes around: the same thing 'll then happen to you if you're old and drooling in a home somewhere in 50 years.. big_smile

Ahhhh, dont scare me... yikes

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e148/computerdisco/grumpy-old-mencopy.jpg

^^ah ah ah

there's a couple of moogerfooger effects at a local pawn shop..

the 12 steps phaser
http://www.moogmusic.com/moogerfooger/? … duct_id=91

and the "Murf" filter thing
http://www.moogmusic.com/moogerfooger/? … uct_id=117

they are about a little over half the retail price (new) & come in great shape
. any robot familiar with these ? i'm attracted by the phaser

114 (edited by plikestechno 2008-10-21 23:00:54)

Yeah, I think I will just ask to borrow the SH-1000 at some point. If he broaches selling it we'll go from there. I think they go from $300-$500 US. No, I'm not going to screw him. He's a nice guy and I work with him after all.

The trading part is a great idea. Maybe he's never played with a 202 or something. He seems to like a challenge. Maybe a 707 since I don't think he has a drum machine and he's just interested in MIDI these days. I don't have a lot of MIDI gear. He'd probably flip to play with my Waldorf Q but I don't feel like lending that out. That said maybe I could lend him the Pulse.

Or maybe this.

http://www.lilchips.com/roland/roland/s … s/mvs1.asp

It's coming in the mail. Being an old hippy he might want to rock out on Mellotron samples and he likes his MIDI. It's editable and has sounds up the wazoo.

i have not any pedal effect, smackos you have the roland space echo,how is it?

A friend of mine is consittering getting a Tascam M-2600 ??? Any experiencens?

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

117 (edited by olivier8 2008-10-22 11:23:30)

so? The moogerfoogers..?
might as well pick them up today unless someone has something really bad to say about them.

118 (edited by computerdisco 2008-10-22 11:20:34)

No great pedals.. Good price too, 12 stage phaser is real nice..

computerdisco wrote:

No great pedals.. Good price too, 12 stage phaser is real nice..

I once played with the Phaser but wasnt that impressed, it sounded a little thin for my taste... but I didnt played that long with it and not with my own studio and gear.. So its best to test it yourself...

about the Tascam: I use the M2524 and I'm very happy with it... its not an easy mixer but if you take your time you can get great results..

TB or not TB

victor robots wrote:

i have not any pedal effect, smackos you have the roland space echo,how is it?

its good, I like it very much

A friend of mine is consittering getting a Tascam M-2600 ??? Any experiencens?

You can't go wrong with A Tascam M-2600

The price is 536

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Depends on how many channels.. 16/24/32

Forax wrote:

Depends on how many channels.. 16/24/32

24 and with meters

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

I have the M1600 (btw, the very same used for many Freak Electrique records!) and it's working very well for my needs... Especially right now that I shall build my studio in a proper room smile

I have a Layla3G for the computer (8i/8o) that is "resident" in the Tascam, then I usually connect everything else through a patch bay on the side of the mixer...

yamaha  tx802 for 180 euro.

It seems a bit too much, doesn't it?
If someone has first hand experience with it, i'd appreciate a comment.

cheers