Topic: Groove 113 (Germany)

Found it yesterday. All Italo fetish, Sally Shapiro and CBS fans check the new issue. Page 45.

Robothek - radio for robettes and robots www.facebook.com/robothek

Re: Groove 113 (Germany)

What does it say there? Can you scan it? smile

http://www.groove.de/index.php

Are those magazines worth buying them?

I never read one of them...

Oki here is a part (only in german, sorry):

... Nun ist aber Italodisco ein

Thanks!

MrWho wrote:

Are those magazines worth buying them?

I never read one of them...

no they're not. also there is groove magazine for free available in most recordshops, I take some with me every time I go to my local recordshop, but is has less content of course...

@ MrWho
not really... there used to be some good articles in there... but since a few issues they are gone!
i think you still get them (without cd and less pages) for free in record shops, etc. here in germany!

@ Ant.La
"....l

@ Queen Of Blood:
Wollen wir eine Vermi

10 (edited by elec pt.1 2008-07-09 06:56:07)

mich hat schon IMMER genervt dass das cbs radio in berichterstattungen auf italo disco reduziert wurde.ich pers

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

i no speaka german

i wrote something like i was always peeved that articles about the cbs were reducing the cbs always on italo only. me personaly loved the monday/thursday, but i never listen at the weekend. and if people red an article, like"cbs is good for italo" and tune in monday, some of them will be shocked and never listen again.

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

i never knew there's a paid issue also

they talked about zyx already a few years back
it's hard to read german but i always try

Vlam Aan

this mag is the shit since years. ingnored everything beside the techno minimal - since a few issues they talk about the so-called disco wave. hui, good morning groove. thank you for bringing me the hype! ?

always funny to read the top tens of many dj`s there. everybody plays the same (don`t believe the tops, they just write it to support each other and hoping for free copies and bookings...) and in clubs you miss their charts mostly - good though. the only honest list there is from mooner I think (maybe). He makes me smile if he puts some rock or disco or new wave in there, and his own releases for sure.

the free issue is very limited since they try to sell it in shops with a CD. I don`t care so much about it. CD`s incl. not so much interesting stuff, the labels have to pay hard for being on.

elec pt1 wrote:

i wrote something like i was always peeved that articles about the cbs were reducing the cbs always on italo only. me personaly loved the monday/thursday, but i never listen at the weekend. and if people red an article, like"cbs is good for italo" and tune in monday, some of them will be shocked and never listen again.

hehe, same here. they killed the radio maybe big_smile:D:D wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Haha, Johan Agebj

@ captain
"this mag is the shit since years."
-> i was collecting it since the early 90ies, back then it was always a good guide for new releases as there was no internet at that time... but with the years it became worse and worse. after the launch of the paid issue it almost seemed to disappear from the market... bad content, bad graphics! then all of a sudden there were some really readable articles in there. but they disappeared as quick as they showed up...

"since a few issues they talk about the so-called disco wave. hui, good morning groove."
-> really? pfff... good morning indeed!

"the labels have to pay hard for being on."
-> in what way?

17 (edited by Ant.La 2008-07-10 00:06:12)

i don't like them all. urban shit bug and sister spex shit....

back to 113: you can read also a ITALIANS DO IT BETTER story and a review of the new BLACK DEVIL DISCO CLUB lp.

Ah I understand it might appear weird to find Zyx collectable, especially if you come from Germany or somewhere where those releases are still everywhere in second-hand shops...
For me I discovered italo disco in 1989 and I had to be quick with buying what I could during the following few years before the records disappeared from the Swedish shops...and almost everything you could find was from Zyx (and Swedish Beat Box)...so this is part of my childhood and even though I know Zyx is and was a commercial company working with business logics just like a major, there is a lot of nostalgia to it for me...and today with Internet market places none of their releases are so difficult to find anymore but this is not how it used to be in Sweden! It took me almost 20 years to collect the italo boot mixes!

After all Bernhard Mikulski invented the term "italo disco"...I'd love someone to do some research and a feature on that now dead person, maybe he was just a boring businessman but until that is revealed, he will be an exciting mystery to me...just like Fredrik Ramel, the Swedish italo disco remixer who made all the "Swedish remixes" of italo disco tracks and the Beat Box megamixes.

So that's what I spoke to the interviewer about, how much the "best of italo disco" compilations meant to me when I was younger...

Ciao,
Johan.

hehe cbs == italo

johanagebjorn wrote:

Ah I understand it might appear weird to find Zyx collectable, especially if you come from Germany or somewhere where those releases are still everywhere in second-hand shops...

even though i don't live in germany i'm in zyx land.

i'll gladly take the zyx release instead of the original (italian) one if
a) the original is so much more expensive that it hurts
b) the original is nowhere to be found
c) the original has a shit pressing

who cares if i got "helen - witch" on zyx instead of out anyways if it's such a cool track?

20 (edited by ITALOMASTER 2008-07-29 09:17:56)

johanagebjorn wrote:

...so this is part of my childhood and ...... there is a lot of nostalgia to it for me........, he will be an exciting mystery to me...

Although I am living in Germany and found loads of ZYX records during the last 2 decades, to me its the same as Johan describes above.
It were the ZYX records I bought for DM 2,00 back in the days in the record shops (after I heard them in the discotheque some nights before), because I went to school and had DM 20,00 for the entire months each back in 1984/85.
ZYX introduced me to Italo Disco and the mysterious Italian names and recording studios on the backside of the covers. Will always mean something special to me although thoughts about today's ZYX company are much "different" nowadays.

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

I like Groove, I don't like Zyx since I hated it when I was young - the worst of EBM on that label except for Invincible Spirit (Was not into disco at that time), I guess I am quite uncool... hm, I like minimal...worse...

Europa has burned, and will burn again

22 (edited by e,r 2008-07-30 09:42:14)

EliasRafael wrote:

I like Groove, I don't like Zyx since I hated it when I was young - the worst of EBM on that label except for Invincible Spirit (Was not into disco at that time), I guess I am quite uncool... hm, I like minimal...worse...

didn't you like new beat? there were a few good one in that era?
make me uncool as well, as -
would love to find out about minimal thats good, what would be say the 10 to watch out for? (may b by e-mail
for fear of further deterioration of stature)real german minimal not detroit stuff from 10 years ago please.

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

yeah, i also avoid any zyx pressing, but would take harder to find ones like helen - witch
(if it was released there too, i don't know) or Kirlian Camera - Blue Room is sold for 60 Euri, no matter
if Zyx or Italian.

Groove is indeed very bad. The most annoying thing imo is the total whitewash of the worst releases.
I remember the legendary 'frontpage' magazine by j

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

e-control wrote:

Groove is indeed very bad. The most annoying thing imo is the total whitewash of the worst releases.
I remember the legendary 'frontpage' magazine by j

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

All 3 magazines have the same content (80%). Always well known people on the frontpage, same interviews, reviews, urban-(trend)-shit-talk... 

It's just "Let's talk about money, money" - like every business. Total usual.

Pages 1 2 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Groove 113 (Germany)