Topic: Radio Band - Radio Rap

What's up with this record?

http://www.discogs.com/release/359147

Someone is selling it for $2300 on Gemm....Does that mean they smoke crack, or am I sitting on something special?

"We'll burn off our last round against the cops, and if they don't care to come, we'll certainly know how to find them."

Re: Radio Band - Radio Rap

Walsh wrote:

What's up with this record?

http://www.discogs.com/release/359147

Someone is selling it for $2300 on Gemm....Does that mean they smoke crack, or am I sitting on something special?

I think DJ Harvey used to play it or something.  Last one I saw on eBay sold for just over $100, so I think $2300 is a bit much... LOL!  Nonetheless, it's still pretty hard to find, but I don't think you'd get more than $150 or so for it, based on what I've seen.

Out of curiosity, is it any good?  I've never actually heard it, just very short (and poor quality) clips.

Wow...that's still alright with me.  I think after extensive searching a few month ago I found a japanese seller letting it go for $35.  That was the only place other than the guy on gemm where I found it up for sale. 

Is it good? hmm...well, there's an italian guy rapping over a funky beat & the chorus has female vocals singing over a disco riff... then at the end, what sounds like a young boy does a little rap for about three lines.  If I only heard the instrumental, I would've though this could've come out on an early 80's prelude or something like that.  Definitely has that 80's synthy disco sound...little less italo sounding.  I wouldn't pay that much for it though, and have never thought about playing it, but now that I'm listening to it again, I could see it growing on me. 

$3 for a mint copy is a good find though...

"We'll burn off our last round against the cops, and if they don't care to come, we'll certainly know how to find them."

Walsh wrote:

$3 for a mint copy is a good find though...

Absolutely, that's an incredible find!  Hell, I'd be happy with the $35 copy from the Japanese seller wink

Sounds pretty good from your description, but it's always so damn hard to describe music.  One of these days I'll start looking for it more seriously - it's in my want list, just not close to the top...

Oh, and I meant "Ron Hardy" not "DJ Harvey" wink

Here we go:   http://bide-et-musique.cdandlp.com   search for Radio Band   175 Euros  You can listen to it there!

another seller has it up for $1300.  I think it's a case of wishful thinking, but if there's someone out there who can sell it for that much, then I just did them a big favor.

Ron hardy the man that changes shit into gold