Re: do you feel too old for this shit,

heifetz wrote:

sometimes i feel very old whilst playing CoD4 online and these 7yr olds are screaming and yapping into the mic. then i smoke their ass.

seconded

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Dont really bother with drugs as much but even a few drinks at the weekend and Im still too shattered to go to the gym on Monday, sometimes Tuesday!

Also, anything over 130bpm nowadays can give me the fear neutral

I wondered about that last thing myself.. is prefered bpm inversely related to age?

BPM_pref = 120 * (120-age) / 80

Heil CBS

Herr Flick wrote:

I wondered about that last thing myself.. is prefered bpm inversely related to age?

Think so
Havent played techno in ages

cos im scared

Haha,

It's crazy, but it's true!

MITO1982 wrote:

You mean...whatever ever ever??
Yes i feel too old when i m trying to date a 18 year old girl...caz i m already 26.
damn when you hunt music the years go by toooo fast.

My thoughts exactly wink

I also feel to old to keep track of the commercial pop charts. They all revolve around bullshitting people these days.

In de disco draait de deejay
De hele nacht discomuziek
Waardoor er in de harten van het publiek
Een verlangen ontstaat naar sex en romantiek

32 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2008-11-19 14:34:05)

Flatalucci wrote:

I also feel to old to keep track of the commercial pop charts. They all revolve around bullshitting people these days.

have they ever recolved around anything else in the past 30+ years?

metro-nome wrote:

I'm a total 100% geriatric old lady at heart so I don't feel too old for anything! Since I always felt like a senior citizen my body just catches up with my mind gradually.

I will be excited to be old enough for discounts on the bus in a few decades.

lol!  i feel you.

Uh

my problem is the inability to live a "eyes of the prize" lifestyle in a productive fashion
i feel old and my eye cannot find the prize anymore

5, 3, 6 or 100 platenspelers, fuck it!

Woody Aki wrote:

I'm too old to make music/spin tunes I think...
But then again...WTF would I do? Knit sweaters?

yeah me too but i will continue, its a good fun, but i am too old to be out there trying to meet people of the scenes and beg the powers at be to give me gigs. too old to weekly scan the new releases, i just go to a record store and dig for the "not-so-new-releases"

5, 3, 6 or 100 platenspelers, fuck it!

I have friends who have never had a record player in their house, were surprised to learn that George Michael was a part of a group called "Wham!", can't sit through Blade Runner because "the effects are soooo bad" and don't own a single CD, but have a thousand songs downloaded in 128kbps on their Ipod, and just love the sound on Metallica's last album. I am too old for this shit.

Play World Of Warcraft... but I no longer do it eheh got more important stuff to do

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

I feel old in a way I dont want to visit gigs that are not 100% my taste, simply no energy to waste. Also I stopped using uppers long time ago, only downers now. Im 26 in  december, guess thats old in todays world.

"...or something." - Legowelt

don't worry, life begins at 30.

bionic.man wrote:

I feel old in a way I dont want to visit gigs that are not 100% my taste, simply no energy to waste. Also I stopped using uppers long time ago, only downers now. Im 26 in  december, guess thats old in todays world.

38 is the new 28

I wonder if it's getting too old or just a better functioning bullshit-filter throughout the years. smile

"Are you loving?"

going to clubs is just plain torture these days. it just feels like being in a zoo reserved for horny and/or aggressive monkeys.

Basic Aly wrote:

Dont really bother with drugs as much but even a few drinks at the weekend and Im still too shattered to go to the gym on Monday, sometimes Tuesday!

Also, anything over 130bpm nowadays can give me the fear neutral

Even Jeff Mills in a well lit room with a cup of coffee can sometimes be tooo much. I think the older and less drugs I take I listen to less pounding techno like a lot of the stuff I used to love... even UR.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

44 (edited by byron 2008-11-21 18:10:22)

i took my 8 year old daughter to a fun fair in dublin last christmas (funderland)
its an institution back home, i used to go as a nipper.

anyway while my daughter had both arms in the air screaming because she wanted to go faster i was hugging a big wheely bin evacuating the contents of me guts.

keep hackney crap

heifetz wrote:

going to clubs is just plain torture these days. it just feels like being in a zoo reserved for horny and/or aggressive monkeys.

very true

sometimes I start feeling old, I have 2 examples:

When i was going to club Watt first time, couple of months ago, the party was called "Paparazzi", had to pay E20,-, and there were like 1500 young black kids (aged 16-26) dancing on housemusic, was actually pretty good ambiance, and i asked a girl, because i didn't know any of the dj's and it was a sort of 'urban house' so i asked "do you still call this housemusic", and she was answering me "Yes Sir"...

few weeks before i was playing records in a friends' clothing shop and a 16 year old girl asked me what those big black round plates are? So i told her the music was on the big black plates, and explained her the principle of "records", so she understood and said: "so, the needle is slowly going to the middle of the record?"

..and Tako had a good one lately: he was talking to a girl in a club, and than he said " oohh.. this is a great track by Prince"
and she said "Who's Prince?"

music sounds better

AFROBOT wrote:

..and Tako had a good one lately: he was talking to a girl in a club, and than he said " oohh.. this is a great track by Prince"
and she said "Who's Prince?"

maybe he shouldn't talk to underage girls...

AFROBOT wrote:

few weeks before i was playing records in a friends' clothing shop and a 16 year old girl asked me what those big black round plates are? So i told her the music was on the big black plates, and explained her the principle of "records", so she understood and said: "so, the needle is slowly going to the middle of the record?"

yikes Was she blond?

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:
AFROBOT wrote:

yikes Was she blond?

as a matter of fact: Yes!

music sounds better

Herr Flick wrote:

Thats the magic formula right there.