26 (edited by C. 2008-11-21 17:55:00)

Re: IFM Website online

Paudical wrote:
C. wrote:

This forum is in desperate need of bias. Seriously, I miss him.

I sometimes talk to him on Soulseek and rest assured he still hates you all. And probably me.

Nice to see that things haven't changed! *sigh*

By the way, just my opinion, but I think zombie-backups of the old forum are poor style. There is this new forum called robotsforrobots, if you really can't live without a certain info, ask for it again.

Let the CBS rest in style, amen.

Nice touch with the record covers on the website playlist. Clap clap

IFX should do a link on IFM for this forum ?! Or will he make a forum in IFM soon ?! Questions over questions...

http://www.myspace.com/electrojax

Looking for a place to stay, i like to dance and drift away...

I think he wants nothing to do with forums anymore...

30 (edited by Arcade Lobo 2008-11-23 12:06:48)

The same CBS without a forum (let us enjoy this one) and two channels to choose from. I'll wait patiently for all those long promised new added features.
I like the site, its easy to see whats playing and how to get to it. Congratulations. That Dream Machine Logo is amazing! guess its Bananas work...she's good!

burp

Mr. Maximal wrote:

I think he wants nothing to do with forums anymore...

Can't blame him. The CBS forum got a bit ugly at times, and I for one should have left some of that go over my head instead of baring my defence mechanism like I did at times.

I really regret that but hey, we moved on...

"I think he wants nothing to do with forums anymore..."
i thought we were friends!!

who needs friends with enemies like this

I think the CBS forum was a real brake for taking some important decisions regarding the radio station. Moving is difficult when everybody complains...

So the forum has moved, and I thin it's rather a good thing to get two distinct instances.

On the other hand, this forum was part of the CBS history, and the community gathered here is also tightly related to the new IFM, as listeners at least. A forum is an important source of information for people who like this kind of music, and I agree with TROJAX: there should be, for the ideal, a HTML link to r4r somewhere in the IFM website. After all, there is also links to IFM from this forum.

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien

I am really excited to hear Rude 66 Cosmic Overdrive tonight. It has been to long and last I can remember Rude was really into the Repo Man soundtrack, with all of the time away from the interweb waves what gems will he have for us this time around.

Motorfunker Radio Mixes
     Analysis - Synthesis
              "Obey"

36 (edited by Vomatron 2008-11-25 18:01:31)

Im curious how much estevez had an influence on the soundtrack. I know Cox was a punk but im guessing estevez was too back then, cause when you see him in the Bishop of Battle segment in Nightmares (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086014/), hes blasting out Fear - I dont care about you on the way to the arcade in the beginning. Also charlie sheen was in Boys next door, directed by penelope spheeris who also did the "Decline of.." docu's. Im guessing they really were into it back then, which is cool

But hardcore on IFM? Interesting smile

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Repo Man was Cox's baby so i figure that estevez did not have much to do with music selection. Michael Nesmith was the music producer but I think he handled the legal work for getting the tracks, i doubt that he picked any of them. So I give the credit for the great soundtrack to Cox.

On the CBS Rude played all sorts of punk and i guess you could call it "hardcore". So I expect to see much of the same, on IFM, variety is the Spice of Space. 

"Pablo Picasso was never called an asshole."

Motorfunker Radio Mixes
     Analysis - Synthesis
              "Obey"

38 (edited by Vomatron 2008-11-25 18:39:51)

Well i think that at least estevez was very agreeable on the soundtrack and perhaps not only by accident he got the role, for the reason mentioned. Nightmares was 1 year before repo man

I didnt know rude played that stuff back on cbs, although i remember having punk discussions before on the forum. Hardcore is just what (some, not all) american bands called their thing, i think of it all as punk usually.

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

tuning in for cosmic space tonight!

are these going to be made available on robotdj as mp3s too? will be nice to have copies to refer back to, you always discover loads of amazing music on these shows smile.

40 (edited by lizard 2008-11-25 21:07:22)

rude 66 on air again .... nice

machines don't die, they just reboot ...

the cosmic overdrive sounds awesome.
and although I'm also hoping for an mp3 later, I think that's history or something that will be available exclusively to Hotmix members. I might be dead wrong though; my memory's not too good these days...

So nice to have my favorite show (of any media) back on the air.

Motorfunker Radio Mixes
     Analysis - Synthesis
              "Obey"

oh man this is great!!

cockin out with my rock out

Enjoying too, great stuff so far

LJK wrote:

the cosmic overdrive sounds awesome.
and although I'm also hoping for an mp3 later, I think that's history or something that will be available exclusively to Hotmix members. I might be dead wrong though; my memory's not too good these days...

that's fair enough.

i'm planning on getting a membership anyway, but can't afford it till next month.

the show was great by the way!

thanks guys.. it was nice to start it again.. i kinda missed doing it. concerning repo man, i actually loved the movie too.. very surreal. i actually had a band in the early 90's that was named after the movie.. big_smile

rude66 wrote:

i actually had a band in the early 90's that was named after the movie.. big_smile

is this stuff locked up tight? i've never been able to find any of it.

Can't connect to the IFM webpage for a couple of days now..
So no blog, info, tracklisting ...
Anyone else ?

aratkiLo wrote:

Can't connect to the IFM webpage for a couple of days now..
So no blog, info, tracklisting ...
Anyone else ?

http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=5452