Re: Record Fair Utrecht

i didn't find him either, i think he won't be there

27 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-18 21:06:19)

I have this Vestax portable player but it didn't work on batteries anymore cause I used very old batteries once that started leaking and disforming the batterycompartment very badly. Today I got the idea to use the heat of a piantremover (see picture) to put back the form of batterycompartment and it worked, so now I can use my portable recordplayer on batteries (not just 220V) again! smile

Tip: so be warned using old batteries, or don't leave the batteries in the compartment after use to prevent this.

http://www.carvan.be/220vgereedschap/heteluchtpistool.jpg

"Are you loving?"

http://www.mickwills.com/Pics/Utrecht0407.jpg

if anyone wants to join us on saturday... i think 13.00 is a good time for a little coffee break in the back of the hall (next to the stage).
so maybe see you there, robots! would be nice...

nice, will ty to make it

30 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-19 20:19:21)

Will too.

Hey Queen, is that you on the far right and Intergalatic Gary on your side? I remember standing next to I-G at Roberto's stand in Utrecht some years back. Are the other two also robots?

"Are you loving?"

@ raoul
great! smile

@ Scarface
"Hey Queen, is that you on the far right and Intergalatic Gary on your side?"
-> yep!

"I remember standing next to I-G at Roberto's stand in Utrecht some years back."
-> the pic was taken in april 2007... and yeah, roberto's place was always a nice meeting point.

"Are the other two also robots?"
-> the one on the left is mick wills and next to him the guy with the innocent smile is rude66!

Rude 66 ofcourse (I wasn't sure it was him). And Mick Wills too, some illustrious company you got there for sure!

"Are you loving?"

jacderida wrote:
auton love wrote:

most fairs in the uk allow punters in same time as traders for an extra admission price. always worth paying that extra to get a first look.

where are the good ones in the uk?

the only ones that i've been to have been full of really crappy 'classic rock' style records - just run of the mill so called 'classics' that are generally completely uninteresting.

most the vip fairs around the uk are always worth a look, your not gonna find a load of italo etc but there is always something to pick up. last one in my home town of northampton found a copy of the quest by drexciya for only a fiver!! did sell it on though for a nice price wink so yeah loads of bad rock but always a few nice bits especially in boxes that say something like - like rave & acid 50p each!!!

Vic20 wrote:
auton love wrote:

most fairs in the uk allow punters in same time as traders for an extra admission price. always worth paying that extra to get a first look.

we should think about doing one next year maybe ??

I haven' t done a record fair in years, used to go to Camdens VIP fair regular as clockwork, pre-internet.

yeah defo fella, the brighton fairs are always really good. we'll have to have a dream machine outing their.

i wish i could join, but the paycheck arrives on monday.. bummer!

Vlam Aan

tried to find you guys yesterday, it was too busy on the terraces.

Breathe disco...

36 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-23 13:26:37)

Hey Sarah. What a pity you didn't find us cause we were there! Between 13.00-14.00u. I had to search a bit through the crowd too (it was very crowdy at that time). I found Queen, Rude (and later Mick Wills) sitting somewhat further from the stage (near the bar). Nice to talk to you robots in real life after such a long time of "knowing you" through the internet. That was refreshing I think.
A bit of a bummer that my portable recordplayer had melted (again!). The problems with my batteries weren't solved and started to heat up again in the compartment. Luckily I found out by coicidence while discussing our found records.  I hope it still can be fixed.

Oh yes, and scored some records ofcourse. A bit of a modest list (for my way of doing) I'd say.

Koto - Jabdah (Mem) 3
Donna Summer - Bad Girls/Our Love (Bellaphon) 3
Kraftwerk - Dei Menschmachine (Kling Klang): auf Deutsch 8
Panorama - War In Love (Chic): 2
The Warlord - The Ultimate Warlord/I Shall Return (CBS): 18
Mandy - Positive Reaction (PWL): 2
Psyche - Unveiling The Secret (New Rose): 5
New Order - True Faith (Remix) (Factory) 2,5
Ramirez - La Musica Tremenda (ZYX) 2
Quadrophonia - The Wave Of The Future (ARS) 2
Orlando Johnson - Chocolate City (Channel) 2
Kryptonite - Dancing Queen (DJ): 10
L.A.X. - Dancin' At The Disco (Biram) 8
The Splash Band - The Music Of John Carpenter LP (ZYX): 5
Fashion - Love Shadow (Arista) 2
Various - Disco Club Vol. 7 (Break) 1
Various - Disco Club Vol. 6 (Break) 1
Various - Disco Club Vol. 8 (Break) 1
Fair Control - Angel Eyes (Ariola): double 3
M Like Moon - Sunlight (Ariola): double 2
Hot Chocolate - Goin Through The Motions (Rak) 2
Peter Slaghuis - Disco Breaks 7
Art Of Noise - Into Battle (ZTT) 2
Various - Studio 57 Volume 6 (ARS) 1
Rene & Angele - Safe Your Love For #1 (Mercury) 3
Fresh - Summer In The City (Jive) 2,5
Secret Service - Oh Susie (Sonet) 2
Modern Rocketry - I Feel Love Coming (ZYX) 2
Reeds - In Your Eyes (Polydor) 2
Strafe - Outlaw (A & M) 3
The Jeffrey Lake Group - You Really Need It (Panky) 25
Fashion - Twilight Of Idols (Epic/De Stijl) 1
Fake - Brick (CBS) 2
16 Bit - Too Fast To Live (Ariola) 8
Anne Clark - Our Darkness (Remix) (Ink) 2
New Models - Sight And Bound (PVC) 2
Rudy & Co - Mama Radio (Time) 5
Men Without Hats - Pop Goes The World (Mercury) 2
16 Bit - Hi Score (Ariola) 1

"Are you loving?"

Great fair w/ lots of nice stuff...

Highlights:

Venus Gang: Galactic Soul-lp
I Signori Della Galassia: Ice Man 12"
Chris Craft: Discosmic Dancer 7"
OVNI: U.F.O. 7"
The Creatures: The Creature 12"
Herman's Rocket: Space Woman 7"
Ganymed: Future World-lp
C'Mos: X-1-12 12"

Plus 15-20 more basic disco/electro 12"s. Reasonable prices and good company thx to John.
Next time will be there for sure.

yeah scarface, nice to meet you.. and raoul of course, and the queen (both regulars there..) but for the rest i didnt see anyone from here..

some nice scores this year too..

highlights:

kirlian camera-edges
kirlian camera- ocean
flue- one and a half lp
flue- vista lp
clock dva- hacker (hacked)
2 lp's of pierre moerlen's gong.. more jazzy but very nice indeed..

and a nice bunch of both ebm and early chicago and house records..all cheap.

Unfortunatly I had to skip this one. Really looked forward to it but Im still busy with my new appartment and I want to move a.s.a.p. so needed the staurday to do more painting. Try to be the next time!

Scarface wrote:

Various - Disco Club Vol. 7 (Break) 1
Various - Disco Club Vol. 6 (Break) 1
Various - Disco Club Vol. 8 (Break) 1

Weeeh, that's what I call a bargain! Congrats....

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

Sarah wrote:

tried to find you guys yesterday, it was too busy on the terraces.

it was me accidentally posting under sarah's account, but she was there with me. i saw ruud today, always nice. will maybe post my list later, if i have the courage...

42 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-24 01:59:24)

@ITALOMASTER
It is? I have no idea. They look very "cheap" if you know what I mean wink so maybe that's why the seller put it in the bargainbin.

@raoul
Ah, it was you (not Sarah). You form a pair of eyes (left+right) with your avatars I see now. smile The Sarah-avatar I recognize from the "angel eye" of the Fair Control.

edit: I checked the sleeve of Fair Control, it's not the same eye...

"Are you loving?"

finally back at home after a crazy ride on the autobahn... it was snowing like hell!

@ kuczera
hope to meet you next time, man!

@ Scarface
ja, super nice to finally met you! hope it won't be the last time.
and, did you throw the vestax already in the trash? that thing is ongelooflijk!
as i can see you found some more good stuff after we met: The Jeffrey Lake Group - You Really Need It (Panky) 25 <- very nice!

@ Imatran_Voima
was nice to meet you and john! and hey, what did you pay for the ovni if i may ask...
such a great record (i think you showed it to me but i didn't recognize it as i never saw the cover before).
that story of the conquered spaceship is so cool!

@ Herr 66
hope you had a good trip back to amsterdam! big_smile

@ S.T.E.N.T.E.C.
too bad you couldn't make it. hopefully the painting is done now!

okay, so here's the score:

a homeboy, a hippie & a funki dredd - total confusion 12"
lnr - work it to the bone 12"
robert armani - ambulance 12"
karen finley - tales of taboo 12"
informatics - accident in paradise 12"

front 242 - geography lp
johan timman - trip into the body lp
mythos - grand prix lp
space art - play-back lp

best of the music machine

kraftwerk - the robots 7" (belgium pressing)
mito - droid 7"
anna - systems breaking down 7"
r.l. crutchfields dark day - hands in the dark 7"
silent types - war economy 7"
sh

44 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-24 02:37:09)

Was wondering how you were "fahren auf die Autobahn" yes. Nine people died in the traffic because of the bad weather in Holland during this weekend! I was going by train to Amsterdam but a train before had gone of the rails so there wasn't going a train directly to Amsterdam CS anymore. Well, made it via an indirect traintrack at last.

Don't know everything you found (r.l. crutchfields, silent types for example) but that Space Art is a nice find. Also nice sleeve (with keyboards on the man's back).

We'll meet again, somehow!

Ja, ongggeleueuvelijk that Vestax! big_smile Thinking about trying to repair it one more time before I through it in the trash! "Da's niet normaal, da's abnormaal, da's gewoon niet te geleueueueuven!" (watch the clip). big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be_WPeNyxz8

"Are you loving?"

@queen: some nice finds there!

yes, i made it back to amsterdam but it took more than 2 hours because of that $&((^$ derailed train! there seems to always be shit happening on the railways when the record fair weekend is on..

@ Scarface
"Nine people died in the traffic because of the bad weather in Holland during this weekend!"
-> really? wow, that's crazy... but i guess it's also because the dutchies are not really yused to a weather like this, or?

"I was going by train to Amsterdam but a train before had gone of the rails so there wasn't going a train directly to Amsterdam CS anymore."
-> ja, i know... Herr 66 told me he had the same problem...

"Don't know everything you found (r.l. crutchfields, silent types for example)..."
-> those are both minimal synth 7"... got them for a good price from a very nice dutch dealer!
found one of them on youtube... check:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ly9o9v460[/youtube]

"...but that Space Art is a nice find. Also nice sleeve (with keyboards on the man's back)."
-> ja, i'm very happy Herr 66 found it for me (thanks again!) and it was super cheap too... 30 euro together with the first front 242 lp!

"Thinking about trying to repair it one more time before I through it in the trash!"
-> ha, ha, ha... noooooo!

funny clip! have to show it mick... maybe he can improve a bit his super dutch. wink

@ Herr 66
oh, mann... i feel for you! hopefully next time everything will be okay with trains...

nice catches guys

Vlam Aan

@ Queen
Nice to meet you too. Ovni was 10 euro (mint) from a Belgian dealer. Kind of a frustrated guy but with lots of cool records.

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ Scarface
"Nine people died in the traffic because of the bad weather in Holland during this weekend!"
-> really? wow, that's crazy... but i guess it's also because the dutchies are not really yused to a weather like this, or?

That's what I heard on the radio at least... True thing about  the Dutch seeming not being used to cold/snowy weather or even hot and sunny for that matter. Two days of bad weather and the whole country is one big trafficjam. One hot and sunny day and the beer is sold out already. wink

Queen Of Blood wrote:

"Don't know everything you found (r.l. crutchfields, silent types for example)..."
-> those are both minimal synth 7"... got them for a good price from a very nice dutch dealer!
found one of them on youtube... check:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ly9o9v460[/youtube]

Thanks for the clip!

Queen Of Blood wrote:

"...but that Space Art is a nice find. Also nice sleeve (with keyboards on the man's back)."
-> ja, i'm very happy Herr 66 found it for me (thanks again!) and it was super cheap too... 30 euro together with the first front 242 lp!

Good deal! Found it for 25 last year I remember.

"Are you loving?"

rude66 wrote:

yeah scarface, nice to meet you.. and raoul of course, and the queen (both regulars there..) but for the rest i didnt see anyone from here..

some nice scores this year too..

highlights:

kirlian camera-edges
kirlian camera- ocean
flue- one and a half lp
flue- vista lp
clock dva- hacker (hacked)
2 lp's of pierre moerlen's gong.. more jazzy but very nice indeed..

and a nice bunch of both ebm and early chicago and house records..all cheap.

wow - maybe this big fairs arent that bad as i thought?

i hate soccer