Re: Record Fair Utrecht

Scarface wrote:

@ITALOMASTER
It is? I have no idea. They look very "cheap" if you know what I mean wink so maybe that's why the seller put it in the bargainbin.

@raoul
Ah, it was you (not Sarah). You form a pair of eyes (left+right) with your avatars I see now. smile The Sarah-avatar I recognize from the "angel eye" of the Fair Control.

edit: I checked the sleeve of Fair Control, it's not the same eye...

her eye is real

i was thinking maybe we can sometimes organise a gathering after the fair where everyone gets to play their finds. i've played on konninginnedag before with just the finds of the day. it might be a cool thing.

52 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-24 12:15:48)

Her real eye made me think of this:

http://www.mhd-music.de/mhdweb/Bilder/fair_control_angel_eyes_front.jpg

Funny name "Fair Control" in relation to this topic. Like an allseeing eye that's controling the fair. smile

Good idea about playing our found records in a gathering! I'm up for that.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Her real eye made me think of this:

http://www.mhd-music.de/mhdweb/Bilder/f … _front.jpg

Funny name "Fair Control" in relation to this topic. Like an allseeing eye that's controling the fair. smile

Good idea about playing our found records in a gathering! I'm up for that.

good record, it was a tip from the queen

Vlam Aan

sleeve is beautiful, the song so lala IMO

i hate soccer

Portable record players. Now that is really smart! Does every seller find that ok?

Haven't experienced any seller objecting to listening to his records on a portable yet but I would imagine they become a bit more cautious when you touch their rare (expensive) records. Better to ask first before playing would be a polite thing to do, I recon. Ehm..better ask first always, just to be safe! wink

"Are you loving?"

@ Scarface
strange, my fair control cover looks different... or is this the 7"?

"Good idea about playing our found records in a gathering! I'm up for that."
-> yeah, good idea... and we already have a name for the gathering: FAIR CONTROL big_smile

@ kuczera
"good record, it was a tip from the queen"
-> i remember, bought it in milan last year... it was a recommendation of a dutch italo collector we met there.

@ dolcevita
"sleeve is beautiful, the song so lala IMO"
-> love that song... always reminds me a bit of "eagles in the night".

and what a nice video that is wink

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cou5gNG-MH4[/youtube]

@ Sander
"Portable record players. Now that is really smart!"
-> it's pretty common these days...

"Does every seller find that ok?"
-> nope, it always depends on the seller... we were for ex listening to a 200 euro record at the fair and it was no problem.
but like Scarface already mentioned you should ask before listening (especially when the records are expensive).
but then there are again also sellers with normal stuff (not expensive or rare at all) that are real assholes and super unfriendly!
for ex while digging there was an older guy (around 70) with an old 70's portable record player for children next to me.
he wanted to listen to a record (nothing special) and when the seller saw it he said in a very rude way:
hey, why do you want to listen to that record? and told him to put the record back! i mean what kind of stupid question is that?
there are lots of collectors that already have thousands of records and they don't want to buy stuff blind, because it simply is a waste of room.

58 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-25 20:41:36)

@Queen

Only knew the sleeve of the 12" also but found this on google-image. It's the 7"-sleeve, just checked http://www.discogs.com/release/1042984. That clip is somewhat hilarious! smile Angel Eyes reminds me the most of Sandy Marton's People From Ibiza ofcourse which I find superiour to this track to be honest. It's very ecstatic for which you have to be in the right mood to appreciate I recon. Have also stood on the fair with this record in my hands Symphony Of Love which I didn't dare to buy... As said in the youtube-comments it's reminding very much of Alphaville - Big In Japan. It seems they're good at capturing a sound and make an own song of it.

edit: typos

"Are you loving?"

@ Imatran_Voima
"Ovni was 10 euro (mint) from a Belgian dealer."
-> wow, that's a good price, congrats! never saw that 7" though... only knew that it exists (pain in the ass to find something about it on the net) and that the ufo 003 track is also on a french compilation from 1979 (saw that on discogs while doing research).

"Kind of a frustrated guy but with lots of cool records."
-> probably the guy next to the rolling stones stand, or?

@ Scarface
"It's the 7"-sleeve..."
-> ah, okay... looks much nicer than the 12"!

"That clip is somewhat hilarious! smile"
-> ha, ha... ja, it is... kind of modern talking concept only with 2 dieters! big_smile

"Angel Eyes reminds me the most of Sandy Marton's People From Ibiza ofcourse which I find superiour to this track to be honest."
-> ja, it has the same bassline! i remember back in the days, when that people from ibiza track was a hit, we even had a special dance for it, ha, ha...

"As said in the youtube-comments it's reminding very much of Alphaville - Big In Japan. It seems they're good at capturing a sound and make an own song of it."
-> true!

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ dolcevita
"sleeve is beautiful, the song so lala IMO"
-> love that song... always reminds me a bit of "eagles in the night".

and what a nice video that is wink

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cou5gNG-MH4[/youtube]

best lyrics... ever!

61 (edited by Scarface 2008-11-25 23:32:58)

Oh, just had a first listen to that that Mick Wills XIII CD you gave: enjoyed that! With one of my favourite moviescenes (from Angel Heart) in the intro. Thumbs up!

"Are you loving?"

http://www.recordplanet.nl/images/recordfair/MPCD-April-2009-BL.jpg

10 days to go! anyone?

@ kuczera
no knakenpoetser excuses this time, okay?

@ Scarface
hope you are going to join us again! smile
btw does your portable record player still exist or have you finally bought a new one?

http://www.mickwills.com/Pics/Utrecht1108.jpg
utrecht, november 2008

Hey hey Queen, nice picture!  I'll be there saturday. Not bought a new portable recordplayer....gonna try to revive it one more time..."ongelofelijk" ain't it? It's this or no portable.

"Are you loving?"

Im going if my clients pay me in time.

I always go, but I'm not able to go because I'm not in the Netherlands at the moment. Next time in november i'll be there again. Too bad I'm missing koninginnedag as well, always nice to look for cheap records.

i'll be there again.. shall i bring a portable fire extinguisher, scarface?

@narcisco: excellent, more left for us on queens day..:D i have found some very nice stuff there!

Queensday can be really rewarding indeed. Last year I found a Joy Division - Atmosphere 12" for 20 cents. I bought 7 other records there and then she said. Well, 1,50 is ok. Not bad. The compilation "Dokument: Ten Highlights In The History Of Popular Music 1981>1982" was one of them as well as some Danse Society stuff.

In 2004 I found nice stuff in Alkmaar, Trisomie 21- Passions Divis

rude66 wrote:

i'll be there again.. shall i bring a portable fire extinguisher, scarface?

Could come in handy. If not for my portable, bring one with shavingfoam (scheerschuim) cause we (not you Queen) could use a shave on that picture. wink

"Are you loving?"

@ Scarface
"Hey hey Queen, nice picture!"
-> ja, you look pretty cool on that pic!

"gonna try to revive it one more time..."ongelofelijk" ain't it?"
-> i would say that's far beyond ongelofelijk... that thing is gemeengevaarlijk (does that word exist in dutch?)

@ S.T.E.N.T.E.C.
"Im going if my clients pay me in time."
-> kick their asses!

@ narcisco
"Dokument: Ten Highlights In The History Of Popular Music 1981>1982"
-> wow! now that's what i call a hammerschnappchen! that bodies track by plus instruments on it is ongelofelijk insane!

@ Scarface
"Could come in handy."
-> indeed... fire fighter 66 in action, that would be fun!

"If not for my portable, bring one with shavingfoam (scheerschuim) cause we (not you Queen) could use a shave on that picture. wink"
-> ha, ha... i use a trimmer anyway! wink

ooooohh noooo   <- desperate shout out

Vlam Aan

i think the symphony of love rocks
makes me always think of these
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzvF9yAHTxk[/youtube]

Vic20 wrote:

I haven' t done a record fair in years, used to go to Camdens VIP fair regular as clockwork, pre-internet.

you mean to say there was a time before internet?

what was the record fair you went to auton? you told me the other day but I forgot, is it a reguar thing?

74 (edited by Agence Internationale 2009-04-09 15:19:30)

for portable record player, i have this:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g201/bobfutur/R-1221538-1203455553.jpg
it's a little hard to use though (sometimes it derails...), so it's more like a gadget
i wouldn't use it for valuable record...

@scarface: no shaving cream has ever touched my face!

@agence: guaranteed to ruin your records in one run! those things are cool but lethal for your vinyl..