Topic: drum machine sync (not dinsync)

Has anyone tried to use

http://www.doepfer.de/msy2.htm

to sync a linndrum to midi? Or maybe converted a dinsync out jack ...I'm not clear on the specs of voltages and timing etc. I guess i can always record a 'click' track and just output it via DAW but was hoping for something a little more permanent. thx.

Notes: Special Sequence Mixed For Dancing

Re: drum machine sync (not dinsync)

I have that doepfer piece, and couldn't sync the linn drum via clock out. Check out this page:

http://www.mdz.de/www/blog/27     

Download the pulse sample and sequence it right, it works amazingly!  It locks perfect. I had to raise the gain on the sample first though. I was very surprised that this method synced it so tight.

Thanks carl well saves me wasting my cash on that device.

Notes: Special Sequence Mixed For Dancing

i remember using a sync box from a small company, the adress was something like dinsync.com or sync.com or something.. it was something like 30 dollar. it synced the linn very well from the tr909, but somehow as soon as the pc was master clock, the linn didn't stay in the beat for more than 2 measures. it's why i eventually sold it.

funny enough the new owner has absolutely no problems with it..

mmh... interesting way to sync a box big_smile

@carl: yes, that can work. there's also a smpte plugin for cubase (pretty sure its a vst) i think its freeware or comes with the program. that'll also do the trick on a lot of these type of machines, just route it through the audio out of your card and plug it into the machine.
i have a steinberg  SMP, and i use that to display smpte time on its big display.. very handy.

I used to sync an Oberheim DX with a sync signal I was sending it, recorded from the machine itself and looped. 
It worked great, but you had to stop/start the machine seperately from the the main sequencer.
I synced with Ableton Live and it was very accurate.
I now have a DXa, a DX with midi, and I can sync 24/48/96ppqn drum machines with it.
The Linndrum is 48ppqn sync, the Linn is 96ppqn, a Drumulator is 24ppqn.

i sync my Linn and drumulator by feeding it a selfmade clocksignal from Logic

create a clocksignall track in your sequencer...with a softsampler...( use a rimshotsampl or somehing simular...program it 48times per quart note....)
then send the ourput to one of your ext outputs on your soundcard and send that to your clock-in on the drummachine..

it works overhere....

nice entrance tyrell.

I've got Roland SBX-10 sync box. It has two timebase outs (48/96/120) and DIN sync.
It should works also with Linn. I hope I'll check it soon...:)