Re: do you feel too old for this shit,

AFROBOT wrote:
Scarface wrote:
AFROBOT wrote:

few weeks before i was playing records in a friends' clothing shop and a 16 year old girl asked me what those big black round plates are? So i told her the music was on the big black plates, and explained her the principle of "records", so she understood and said: "so, the needle is slowly going to the middle of the record?"

yikes Was she blond?

as a matter of fact: Yes!

That expains it I guess. wink I mean we're talking records here, no Edison's phonograph cylinders...and what if we were. No hystorical knowledge. Oh oh oh: de jeugd van tegenwoordig!

"Are you loving?"

I noticed that I get called more "Sir" (mijnheer) lately... roll

"Are you loving?"

Basic Aly wrote:

Dont really bother with drugs as much but even a few drinks at the weekend and Im still too shattered to go to the gym on Monday, sometimes Tuesday!

Also, anything over 130bpm nowadays can give me the fear neutral

That could be from the drugs.

hmm, too old..? to drop down on your knees and cry when u hear a heartbreaking good track? I think you have too be 'old' and melancholic, to get this....those youngsters, dont get melancholic....i mean..'emo', * trhowing hair back*, they don't got that SOUL.
like i said before, ignore the posers, laugh about the groupies, drink vodka and dance.
lol!

the mystery of space, communicate,walking in the neon

too old for all these fancy mobile so called phone devices with everything but an electric tootbrush on em and i-this and i-that, shove it up yur bum, im happy with my real camera, phone and walkman, which have some meat to em that you cant all fit in one pocket and they do just what theyre supposed to do.

"positive mutation!"

Scarface wrote:
AFROBOT wrote:

few weeks before i was playing records in a friends' clothing shop and a 16 year old girl asked me what those big black round plates are? So i told her the music was on the big black plates, and explained her the principle of "records", so she understood and said: "so, the needle is slowly going to the middle of the record?"

yikes Was she blond?

i think she was quite intelligent, getting a grasp on the concept so quickly, and i'm not being sarcastic.

AFROBOT wrote:

sometimes I start feeling old, I have 2 examples:

When i was going to club Watt first time, couple of months ago, the party was called "Paparazzi", had to pay E20,-, and there were like 1500 young black kids (aged 16-26) dancing on housemusic, was actually pretty good ambiance, and i asked a girl, because i didn't know any of the dj's and it was a sort of 'urban house' so i asked "do you still call this housemusic", and she was answering me "Yes Sir"...

..and Tako had a good one lately: he was talking to a girl in a club, and than he said " oohh.. this is a great track by Prince"
and she said "Who's Prince?"

haha nice stories, but it's so true
those 16 year kids that are now going out and stuff, weren't even born when i hit the first (house) parties
back then
kinda frustrates me when i go out and makes me old

Vlam Aan

i work with kids...calling me "Sir" it's ok...ha ha...the little ones, some of them use to call me "Mr. priest" or " Mr. principle"...for me, time goes by, it's when my ex students salute me on the street and i can't recognize quickly only after some minutes...and the difference is evident .

59 (edited by huxflux 2008-11-26 23:01:23)

i feel old when i look at the society and see how "grown ups" can't make this world work properly and are making bad decisions after another. Our leaders, big corporations, they smell weak and not that strong from ground like i always thought "grown ups" were.

i'm too old for nothing

I just turned "old farty" fourty last July. I feel like I haven't done enough to retire from the things I am passionate about. I don't want to give up my music. I guess it is time for me to replace my dance records for Kenny G MP3s. I do feel a huge generation gap. It's not like I am going out to all-weekend raves to take lots of drugs, have sex with anything that will stand still long enough, and roll around in the mud like a sow. I wouldn't want to go through that again. I'm fine spending my Saturday nights watching Lawrence Welk, then promptly going to bed afterwards, taking my Geritol. Ummm, what was I talking about? I forgot.

I for a change felt young saturday night, but quickly after, felt too old again...
when you are old, you're old, there's no escape.

@vunk: perhaps you are young and then you don't feel old, there will be a day, don't worry wink

63 (edited by baz 2008-12-01 13:23:25)

Scarface wrote:

I noticed that I get called more "Sir" (mijnheer) lately... roll

Damn, just had the same with some guy comming to repair my heater, he was the age of my little brother (like 22 or something).... Think it's nice that people are a bit pollite, but still felt quite strange

* edit: maybe it's just my mondaymorning face smile

too old for this topic

Acta est fabula....

i'm still waiting for the point where i feel too old for what i do, but it hasn't come yet.. i feel old sometimes the morning after a gig with almost no sleep, or when i look into the audience when we play and is see mostly people who could have been our kids.. but then i still love what i do, i still enjoy going to clubs, playing, making tracks, collecting records.. i still get blown away by unknown tracks..
only thing i feel too old for sometimes is shit from people. big_smile

rude66 wrote:

thing i feel too old for sometimes is shit from people. big_smile

word, word, word. But this never stops.

when the shit comes flying, just turn on the fan

http://weblife.org/humanure/images/shitflying.jpg

68 (edited by rimini 2008-12-09 14:50:45)

Today I feel too old for this shit!

rude66 wrote:

only thing i feel too old for sometimes is shit from people. big_smile

Sorry rude, I'll try to be nicer next time wink

i feel too old for all the bullshit and asskissing at the office. and i'm the youngest in my unit.