Re: Any sporty robots here ?

@ Charlie
lol, this picture is very coolex !! big_smile

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

This year I became hooked on Crossfit - I've done so many things for the first time ever there, like climbing ropes, olympic weightlifting, gymnastics, kettlebells...  I'm evening learning how not to hate running.

I also just got a new bike and am riding it into work a few days a week. Getting over the Brooklyn Bridge is work but I'm sure it'll be easy soon enough.

thants.

Bleeech Sport

Come one man sport is for losers

cycling and body building of course.

55 (edited by black shape 2008-12-12 13:35:36)

i used to BMX but closest to sport these days is cards, my games are crash and bastard brag.
or sometimes when the weather is fine  play a bit of football on the street or the car park.

black shape wrote:

cards, my games are crash and bastard brag.

what kind of card games are those?

.."this world`s a bubble"..

57 (edited by black shape 2008-12-12 15:13:03)

in crash you have 13 cards to a hand, four players.
put your 13 cards into the best 4 hands you can, three of a kind is best aces high. the running flush, best is ace,2,3 the after queen king ace, jack queen king and so on, then a run, then a flush, then two pairs, then a pair. no swapping cards, if you win every hand you crash and win the game. also if you get ace to king is a crash and you win.

bastard brag is easier as its less cards, each player is dealt three cards with three in the middle two facing up, one down. the aim of this is to have a better hand than your opponent. the hands are the same as crash. when you think you have your best hand, you knock on the table and everyone has their last turn to swap their cards for the middle ones (either you swap just one card or all three, but one is always out of sight)

oh and in crash you must lay your hands in order, you cant lay your worst hand first or your out the game

Tennis! I am trying to get out more. I found a couple people to play with and there are courts near me with lights, but I really need to get out more. That's going to be my new year's resolution.

I also got a bike (a co-worker gave it to me), a cruiser from the 60's, but I have to carry it up and down all these stairs to ride it, and it's really heavy. The first time I did it I thought I was going to die. Also, my neighborhood is very hilly, so it's not a good bike for hills. I think I am going to get a 10 speed or something similar and put the cruiser in storage. Maybe I'll find a storage place near the beach so when I go to the beach, I can go take the bike.

I used to be so athletic (gymastics, track, tennis), but now I am so out of shape sad

I'm trying to get into tennis but have no one to play with

i'll play with you! i just recently started playing tennis a month or two ago and just got my first racquet. i have one other friend to play with and we're pretty damn bad. i guess you could say a level 2 or 3 on the tennis level scale. it's still great fun though. i also started running in the morning with my dog.

Maybe all 3-4 of us can meet up and play sometime. We can do mini matches and tournaments, or doubles. Griffith Park has lighted courts at $8 an hour. Sundays are really the only days I have time at the moment, but in January I will probably have more time.

I am an ok player, but really rusty. After a few more times and more practice, I will probably be pretty good again.

yeah that would be cool! i have a feeling you're going to be a lot better than me lol

you guys are going down!  I have some tennis balls I found. I'll bring them

64 (edited by frigid 2010-02-14 08:06:22)

sport sucks except motorsport and cycling smile

Founder and captain of the infamous DVC 4 football team:

http://www.dvcdelft.nl/dvc4zat0708.jpg

Last saturday we won from the nr 1 (we are nr 3). I was injured. But man, as a supporter you are more fanatic than inside the pitch. My voice is still gone smile

running with logic, biking/mtb, diving.. + occasional stuff

68 (edited by stan snackson 2009-01-13 13:37:14)

playing with myself.

Uh

69 (edited by like-a-kim 2009-01-14 00:41:22)

@koktale: looks like a nice 'hier valt niet mee te sollen' - team ;-)

Been playing soccer since my 6th... so 21 years in the game now
I even played in 1st Division for 2 years way back (youth squad of AA Gent, never reached the A-team though)
After that I played in 4th Division and 1st regional league and the last couple of years I've been playing in 2nd regional league...  Atm 2 training sessions & a game/week are more than enough
It's keeps me fit of course and the money we get is a good motivation, but the pleasure part ain't what it used to be and the lack of spare time after work for my music passion is becoming a real downside.
We'll see what the future brings..

I also like chess (brain sport!) and walking/running with my dog btw..

I lift records,
I spin them back and forth,
I do work out knobs,
I carry a heavy weight dj bag

I think I'm quite fitted

frigid wrote:

i dream of forming the national male synchronised swimming club of ibiza, already bugged yas to recruit some candidates for the golden cockring medals and dildo tropheys wink

lol you sure worked on all the details!

72 (edited by frigid 2010-02-14 07:50:50)