Topic: Ableton Live & editors for hardware synths

is there any way to run simultanously Ableton live and software editor for my an1x or jx8p?I've already tried midi yoke without success - midi won't work.

Re: Ableton Live & editors for hardware synths

it can't be done??

3 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2008-07-11 12:49:06)

I have no experience with Midi Yoke, but I thought it should do the trick? You should sign up to the forum there and search a bit or ask around...

There's also Midiquest which is shareware. I believe it can be loaded as a VST in your sequencer so you can control hardware synths from there.

Yes the VSt plugins in midiquest work. its a bit fiddly tho. the midi can choke a bit. Midiquest is not share ware tho. its $300.. yowch.  I hear that its floating round the internet tho, cough cough. big_smile

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Sorry, I see now that it indeed isn't shareware.

As for Midi Yoke, I believe you must also install Midiox to make it work. A few years ago I tried Midiquest, Sounddiver and Midiox + Midi Yoke with Cubase SX and a software programmer for my CZ101, but without any success. I thought it was extremely exhausting trying to figure it all out so I just gave up and blocked the whole experience from my memories.

Brian Chinetti wrote:

I thought it was extremely exhausting trying to figure it all out so I just gave up and blocked the whole experience from my memories.

You are definitely not alone, i wanted to chuck my computer from the balcony

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

I run sound diver(and sometimes matrix2001 for the ob matrix 6) simultaneously with Live and it works. The only problem I encountered was with an maudio delta 1010lt midi, basically what you're saying: can't run midi software at the same time.
I'm quite sure it depends on the midi interface used.

anyone gotta serial number for ableton 7?

cuties don't exert

Serial here!

yes, Brian's link indeed directs you toward the serial number - Ableton has got plenty of them and are ready to give
you one after you submitted some money for their service - and it is completely legal! big_smile

a simple solution would be to get a cheap sound card and use its midi port for the editor. then all you need is a midi merge box to play the synth and edit it at the same time..

Midiquest vst version doesn't really work well with ableton. This is because ableton doesn't cpmpletely support sysex messages. CC controlled synths will work fine I guess. Standalone version of midiquest should work fine aswell.