Topic: Quite possibly the worst piece of music journalism ever...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl … revolution

To think that someone got paid to write this!!!

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

Re: Quite possibly the worst piece of music journalism ever...

Haha full of references !
Guess he wasn't paid that much .. hence this great paper big_smile

what an idiot.

"But from Duran Duran to Dio lol, the keyboards were out in force. It wasn't all good, though. Much as I love Bruce Springsteen..."

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

This is what you get from a gnarled cock once you give him a license to write and make him listen to a couple of shite tunes...good to see that The Grauniad is still in top form!

"808 State's Graham Massey and Gerald Simpson are arguably responsible for kick-starting both techno and drum'n'bass."

Was the bit the clinched it for me.

i've said this before: these kind of articles are not written for us. they are written for people who don't know much about music, and for a lot of the casual listeners, it breaks things down into things they know. there's no mention of all the subtleties, obscure ep's and artists because then the article would be unreadable for the target audience, or 27 pages long.
and actually massey and simpson were probably responsible for a big part in kickstarting the whole acid (=techno for guardian readers) thing.. they were certainly the first UK acts to have any form of mainstream success with true acid records. 808 state came from the scene around the eastern bloc shop, that played a big role in the early acid movement..

mad possibly even worse than thisone

8 (edited by iamelectron 2009-01-08 23:07:02)

sorry rude66 but there is NO excuse for an article as bad as that - it should never have been written in the first place