1 (edited by Obi1r 2008-12-27 14:18:51)

Topic: Savage Moon, (PSN Store 8 euro game)

See a review here:
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemranking … wid=983729

But hey, it's a great tower defence game, a tasty game for strategy hungry Robots... and cheap too!
You get big scary looking sci-fi towers blasting out meaty sounding missiles, lasers, bullets etc that bust up robotic bugs...

The strategy and tech tree is really good as well. There is lots of variety in the towers you can research and build which gives you plenty of strategic options and different ways of playing.
Savage Moon has support towers as well (like Blocking, Amp, Repair) which are fun to use and add even more tactical options. The bugs look and sound creepy too.

The maps seem well designed too with multiple paths and spawning points for the alien bugs which gives some added significance to smart use of blocking towers and placement of towers in general.

All in all I bought Savage Moon on christmas day and I'm really happy that I did because for me it is the first real tower defence game on the PSN.
There no co-op here, or online gaming... just old-fashioned you and the AI.

Different than the review above tells you it gets hard after level 3, it just gets pretty hard around level 7...
I just wonder why they dont release these kind of games for the PSP!

Strictly Rockaas

Re: Savage Moon, (PSN Store 8 euro game)

Check out pixel junk monsters for the best tower defence game. great with offline co-op.

I need love

I prefer this game over Pixel Junk Monsters, because of the graphics and sound. The atmosphere of Savage Moon is more for me too. In PJM you need waaay to much gems to really build up your thing nicely, and unlock some extra towers. PJM is just a little too weird and offbeat for me.

So check some Savage Moon  ingame footage here:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/03/sav … ut-of-pax/

Strictly Rockaas

Think I'll get it, though I don't think it'll top PJM. It's the only game I'm beating llcoolkm on wink

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

5 (edited by heifetz 2008-12-28 12:18:46)

looks great and tower defence games kick ass, will have to try it the next time i get allocated some ps3 time by the missus

Klart; it will overtake PJM if you ask me. The interface is a lttle more simple but  more effective.
The whole structure of the game is more balanced, so more intriguing and addictive!

Strictly Rockaas

For the robots who are stuck, here in this (forum)topic there are good tips (3 pages)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa … c=47317816
A walktrough for this game is very hard to find, this is it!

Strictly Rockaas

Way to short and easy, finished it in two evenings :(

Not that well balanced and theres really no replay value, vengeance mode doesnt feel any different from the normal gameplay.

Cool game anyway... build level 5 towers and amplify them with amp towers to see some hardcore destruction. :)
Missile towers kill flying insects before they even reach inside the map, machine gun turrents get extreme range + damage and orbital towers totally obliterates the bosses.

I need love

stuck on the 4th stage... i try to build those blocks in front of the base but the insects get stronger way faster than i can manage to build more towers.

heifetz wrote:

stuck on the 4th stage... i try to build those blocks in front of the base but the insects get stronger way faster than i can manage to build more towers.

Stick to it, dont give up. Check also the link to the forum topic about this game, some guys give good tips there! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board

Strictly Rockaas

11 (edited by heifetz 2009-01-05 21:13:58)

thanks, will keep at it. have to try to get one of them amp towers

Hiya Obi1r, saw yer PSN-mail wink.

I think it's quite hard too and I feel I haven't got a good overview sometimes. I'm at the second moon of the second planet now and I thought I was going to win: had a shitload of towers (with repair towers and amplify towers in between and lots of updates) right in front of the base). They were working real good untill one of the last waves they were all destroyed in a few moments sad.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

hahah great, this makes this game quite good, it's tough!
I finished it last week big_smile

Strictly Rockaas

Klart wrote:

Hiya Obi1r, saw yer PSN-mail wink.

I think it's quite hard too and I feel I haven't got a good overview sometimes. I'm at the second moon of the second planet now and I thought I was going to win: had a shitload of towers (with repair towers and amplify towers in between and lots of updates) right in front of the base). They were working real good untill one of the last waves they were all destroyed in a few moments sad.

Use blocking towers to protect against enemies which attack you. Enemies will always attack the nearest tower. If they destroy a blocking tower, just quickly build another one.

Alos, use double repair towers since repair towers wont repair themselves.

And I didnt really use the amp towers until the last 2 maps so I dont know if they will make it harder or easier on the earlier levels because of the cost involved with them.

I think in general - this depends on the map of course - its better to build lots of towers first before starting to upgrade them, that way you will have your layout ready early and then you can just work on making everything stronger.

I need love

Ya, and dont forget to upgrade the Repair en Amp towers... that'll make the difference
Money is coming with buckets around level 10 anyway

Strictly Rockaas

In the PSN store you can find a very tasty Savage Moon Wallpaper, to use as a background.
Robot approved!

Strictly Rockaas