Re: ++Gear Down!++ Repair Thread

aww please get it going. all expenses covered wink

My Hi-Tom fader on my 707 doesn't work.  For some silly reason I thought this was normal..

Basically when I program a High Tom, I can't take down the volume..

ramos wrote:

My Hi-Tom fader on my 707 doesn't work.  For some silly reason I thought this was normal..

Basically when I program a High Tom, I can't take down the volume..

sounds like the slider is kaputt. On my 707 that is the same story with the hats

my juno 60 is actin wierd.
when i use a patch number from the memory ,after a while the display turns  - -
then the display turn out ,and on agaain with - -
that drives me crazy.
well,i changed the little flat battery like a year or two ago.cause i had the same problem.
it worked good for while..
it seems when then juno is connected with the kenton pro dcb,the problem shows up more often.
is that possible?
the memory protection switch is mostely set to "on" but i dont see a different in behavior when the switch is set to "off".

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

a fader is relatively easy to fix, if its fixable.. just take it out, even then you can measure its resistance.. open it, clean it, relube it, and measure again.. if youre lucky, its good to go again. if not, i'm quite sure you can get new ones..

@galaga: could be a number of things.. is the connector for the dcb in close to where the display is? it could be that the plug of the kenton is putting stress on the board that also has the lcd connected to it, thus shorting it out.. just a thought..

Galaga wrote:

my juno 60 is actin wierd.
when i use a patch number from the memory ,after a while the display turns  - -
then the display turn out ,and on agaain with - -
that drives me crazy.
well,i changed the little flat battery like a year or two ago.cause i had the same problem.
it worked good for while..
it seems when then juno is connected with the kenton pro dcb,the problem shows up more often.
is that possible?
the memory protection switch is mostely set to "on" but i dont see a different in behavior when the switch is set to "off".

I have same problem and the tone gets lost too sometimes.
I cant complain much because i paid 175 us. >:)
Is this a battery problem?

nixxon wrote:

yes, that must be it, i guess i have to open it again. to change this fuse does it involve soldering?
if yes i have to get a pro to do it.

Check korgforums.com there is a link there on how to fix it. Maybe even riga can send it to you. It is a real common thing. Cheap to fix, but you only have to fix it one time cuz korg used the wrong part. Happened the day of a show one time.

http://www.midimonster.de/musik/korg-el … eplacement

@ruud
ja.the dcb connector seems to be close where the display is connected.when i open the juno 60,all the wires (dcb connector and memory display)went straight up to the board in the cover.
well,i changed the battery again.i realized that the first owner must changed the memory battery from a CR1/3 N Lithium to a CR2032.
ok,both a 3 volt.guess that shouldnt be a problem.
till know-no reset.but i will give it a try with midi connection and hardcore using tonight.

@honey peters.
maybe,why not try it and change the battery.

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

My Novation Bass Station is sick. Fooling around wiht her last night - then suddenly silence. I opened her dress and looked for loose connection or something. Now she makes wired fart noises. Help - what's wrong with her?

having a weird trigger output prob w/ my dr110. i have it split triggering my csq and my 101. last night, it started triggering the csq only intermittently, dropping out notes here and there (the 101 was triggering fine). i replaced the batteries and it worked as normal.... then 6-7 hrs later it started doing it again...so i replaced the batteries again today, and it is still acting odd. as i said, the 101 is triggering fine, just the csq loses notes here and there. i can trigger the csq fine using my 707, so the prob is definitely the 110... bums me out cuz i was going to use the 110 for a show tomoro nite... hope i can get it up and runnign tomorrow afternoon..

maybe 6-7 hours of heavy triggering drains the battery quicker?  can you run it off an adapter?

i replaced the batteries earlier today...also tried a boss adapter, to no avail...

have you actually listened to the trigger output? does it sound different from normal? and could it be the splitter? those kind of solutions always make my alarm bells ring..

90 (edited by SOS 2009-01-14 19:08:22)

edit: listened to the trigger output, seems to sound normal. there's no noticeable drops in output or anything.
i don't THINK it's the splitter, because it the same setup works fine when triggered by my 707, but i could try replacing everything...

automatique wrote:

My Novation Bass Station is sick. Fooling around wiht her last night - then suddenly silence. I opened her dress and looked for loose connection or something. Now she makes wired fart noises. Help - what's wrong with her?

Noone an idea? I'm no technician, but can I check connections with a volt-meter?

the issue is, trigger signals across different bits off gear aren't all the same. they're implemented in different ways by different people.

perhaps the extra load on the DR110 trigger signal when power was low was enough to damage it a bit? so now it can't drive the CSQ reliably anymore? the fact that it basically clocks along, but drops pulses occasionally shows you that it's close... but not quite there.

one question - Does the D110 drive the CSQ100 OK when it's only connected to the CSQ-100? (ie 101 disconnected)

93 (edited by SOS 2009-01-14 23:34:22)

hmm...
yeah, it seems to be some kind of voltage output issue, i know the sh-09 (what im controlling w/ the csq) requires a higher voltage to trigger...
i just checked - the 110 does not drive the csq properly when the 101 is disconnected...one or two notes in every 8 still drop out...

what kind of fix would this be? i don't use the 110 all that often, but i'm rather fond of the little guy, and want him in working order...

Can you get a tech to do this for you?
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9730/110.html
That way you can drive the CSQ-100 with a 707, and sync the DR110 to the 707, too.

Otherwise, it's probably a matter of playing with the output circuit for the DR-110, to make the pulse stronger. Hard to tell what that would take without looking at the circuit in action.

ohh, that's not a bad idea at all...that would make a 110 almost nicer than a 606...
my friend has a trigger to din sync cable i could borrow, i think. maybe the pulse is strong enough to have that sync w/ the 707 properly...i will attempt to try that first...
kinda bummed, tho...my sr-88 and dr110 are out of commission, both of my fun shitty drum machines..

audio triggers are notoriously difficult and unreliable.. sometimes all you have to do is look at a volume button and the triggering is gone...

@automatique: your description is a little too vague.. is this the analogue bass station keyboard? can you play it via midi and another keyboard? what happens if you play with the knobs? do any of the functions work at all? does the filter still resonate? what  do the patches in the memory do? etc etc.. tey to isolate the problem a little more..

put it in a bigger box, and apply the voice mods too, and it'd be an awesome little drum machine.

anyway - found 110 schematics.
http://www.theninhotline.net/dr110/110scheme.zip

the accent drive is a simple inverting amp made with one transistor. Anyone who knows basic electronics should be able to fix that if something broke.... It could be the transistor Q1 on the CPU board is damaged and resulting in the signal not getting pulled up as high as it used to?  Replacing that may help. Maybe play with reducing the value of R5 in the CPU board, too.

trigger to dinsync cable might not work how you want - the 110 has one trigger for every step. so for 16ths, that's 4 pulses per quarter note.... dinsync runs 24ppqn.

98 (edited by automatique 2009-01-15 13:42:38)

rude66 wrote:

@automatique: your description is a little too vague.. is this the analogue bass station keyboard? can you play it via midi and another keyboard? what happens if you play with the knobs? do any of the functions work at all? does the filter still resonate? what  do the patches in the memory do? etc etc.. tey to isolate the problem a little more..

Yes, it's the keyboard version. The sounds are very quiet, but if I gain them up on the mixer I can hear very untypical sounds - like low circuit bend sounds or simple whitenoise. If I turn the knobs the sound change, but only minimal because it's all whitenoise. I can play other synths via midi over the bass station keys. From the other side the same, but again only quiet weird sounds. If I change patches, the noise vary.

I hope it would be possible to fix it by myself, becaue one working hour in the rapairshop is 55

99 (edited by nowhere wolf 2009-01-16 02:56:24)

A few hours after playing with my MFB-502 for the first time, I noticed the cymbal sound stopped coming out of the stereo output. It's acting like there's a plug in the cymbal's individual output when there isn't. A minor problem since the individual output still works, but it's annoying, especially if I ever need to resell it. Also, the midi clock goes out of time now and then. I love the sounds at least; perfectly fits in my ultra-minimal setup.

automatique wrote:
rude66 wrote:

Yes, it's the keyboard version. The sounds are very quiet, but if I gain them up on the mixer I can hear very untypical sounds - like low circuit bend sounds or simple whitenoise. If I turn the knobs the sound change, but only minimal because it's all whitenoise. I can play other synths via midi over the bass station keys. From the other side the same, but again only quiet weird sounds. If I change patches, the noise vary.

I hope it would be possible to fix it by myself, becaue one working hour in the rapairshop is 55

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → General Hardware / Software Discussion → ++Gear Down!++ Repair Thread