Topic: synth id

when you're interested in musical toys (as plenty are here), sometimes you hear a track and you can't get the question out your head :    'how did they do that?'

specifically i keep wondering how Vainqueur (chain reaction) gets those swishing/chorus/lighter than air type sounds?
sometimes the prophet vs get's talked about in the d&m/basic channel circles so maybe thats a clue?
anyone familiar with mr vainquers stuff and could identify?

but if anyone else has synth id requests maybe you could post them below in anticipation of a reply

Re: synth id

If I've correctly understood what you mean I would say some synth good at pads with added reverb and phaser.
There's no specifical need for a prophet vs I think.

its all in the fx

what synths is wolfers using on lake distrax?

Alpha Juno for the bleep bass lead line whatever the fuck that is, Roland MKS100 for the pad (with sweep from the mixer) and a TR808

I think a lot of that Basic Channel/Chain Reaction sound comes from using vocoders to modulate pads by running pad into the carrier & a drum loop into the modulator. If you have a vocoder that lets you pull all the filter cutoffs up at once like the MAM VF11, then it doesn't chop the pad so much and you get a rhythmically pulsing filter sequence.

The closest I ever got to that sound was using my VF11 with a pad from an AN1x, and then I ran it through an Eventide H910 for some crackly digital pitch-shifting. It was a lovely sound, a bit punkier and rougher than those BC sounds though. I guess if you were using a top class vocoder and somethign liek an AMS pitchshifter it would be smoother (the VF11 is quite rough sounding).

Unfortunately the H910 broke soon after that and I haven't got around to getting another one yet. I'm holding out for an H949 but they are less common (or maybe an AMS if I win the lottery...).

How do you make that industrial bass sounding tone like the ones Drexciya uses in Intensified Magnetron and Nuclear Facelift? The one in magnetron is more modulated but still sounds kinda the same.

i think drexciya were know for using sh101 and jx3p (8p?)
however, having neither of these i have no idea if this is the sound.

Alpha Juno

also some Drexcyia's sound like Pro-One

i can get lots of drexciya-type sounds from my sixtrak. the sound is a little too ''industrial'' to be a juno, i think.. the alphas sound a little thin for that. sixtrak in unison mode (or same patch on like 3 different octaves x2) will do it..