351 (edited by Erroraudio 2009-01-17 03:07:27)

Re: Should I buy...

@dequalsrxt

If I saw one at that price, I would buy it even if I had 10 of them!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

352 (edited by Erroraudio 2009-01-18 18:43:10)

How much should I pay for a Roland 104 sequencer.???

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2173/1735605175_9a6963384f.jpg?v=0

Fast response pls. Auction ends at 20.20

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Brian Chinetti wrote:
hans olof wrote:

rm1x is good and tight and cheap... if you can live with the strange yamahaian logic and built in crap. some of it can be useful but it made me feel like i was working on a messy desk or something.

If you considder the RM1x and can afford to spend double(!) the money, you should have a look at the RS7000. It's more sophisticated and despite it still uses that Yamaha logic, it is easier to grasp because the interface makes a bit more sense. And the sampler makes up for the most of the time horrible presets. It's 8 years old now and it has it's quirks but I still think it has one of the best sequencers around.

Hui - looks like a tank and is about 200 or 300 Euros more expensive than a used mpc2000xl. You use this babe as I saw on a video - seems to work very well.

But as a student I have not that much money - so I guess I buy the SQ-16 and try it out and if it's not my taste I resell it.

Erroraudio wrote:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2173/173 … 4f.jpg?v=0

did you get it in the end?

eheh that 104 remembers me when there was an auction in Italy and it was just me and another guy.. that other guy had the ebay nick "pss2099", so it could really have been Marco Passarani smile well, this guy won it anyways, if it was really MP then I am quite glad I have lost that one smile

olivier8 wrote:
Erroraudio wrote:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2173/173 … 4f.jpg?v=0

did you get it in the end?

Nope I folded, it endet at 285

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

285,- is really cheap, but the side-panels are missing - a mint one would costs about 550-690 euris...

Orgel!

INTERFUNK wrote:

285,- is really cheap, but the side-panels are missing - a mint one would costs about 550-690 euris...

The one in the picture was not the one on auction. And FUCK!"!""!""  Why didn't I buy it....

ErrorAudio SoundCloud

..can get a MOOG Rogue here in my hometown...but not sure about it....the only thing that makes it interesting is the OVERDRIVE feature... but does it make it really a kind of special ?

a.

Orgel!

no

(imo)

A Yamaha DX-21 for $60 Canadian/35 euros?

I already use a G2 for FM synthesis, but at this silly price the DX-21 is hard to resist.  I know it's worth the money...but is it worth the space it will take up?  Do the keys on this one respond to velocity?

gogogogogo! Thats a supersynthesizer, sounds way different then G2 FM emulation its dusty and dirty
This is the 90s techno synthesizer Detroit monobass etc. The keys don't respond to velocity but the synth itself does

Yeah I think I'll do it.  If I don't end up using it I'm sure I can sell it for the same amount.

Haha I just rechecked the listing while responding to the seller and that price includes a stand as well.  Good deal!

nice deal. that's cheap.. isn't the dx21 basically a 4 op dx100 with a bigger keyboard? sell the stand and you almost have a free synth!

From what I've read online it's a DX27/100 that also responds to external velocity (thanks again smackos), is bi-timbral with split and layered modes, and has an analog chorus.

367 (edited by Dez 2009-01-22 19:31:51)

edit: never mind...it was already sold

368 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2009-01-22 20:52:33)

rude66 wrote:

nice deal. that's cheap.. isn't the dx21 basically a 4 op dx100 with a bigger keyboard? sell the stand and you almost have a free synth!

DX21 is 4 op, but it's more superior to the DX100. Biggest difference is the chorus and the bi-timbrality, which allows you to split the keyboard and layer sounds.  The DX100 doesn't have those features and sounds more metallic and thin compared to the warmth of the DX21.

Edit: see now that it was already mentioned... Sorry 'bout that.

It also has a seperate envelope for pitch

new sequencer design:
http://www.possecrewensemble.com/as606/

A JX-8P for about

seems like a reasonable price. you can still get nice sounds without the programmer, depends if you're a constant tweaker or are happy just setting a sound for your track to use.
i think midi is supposed to be quite good on those synths.

373 (edited by computerdisco 2009-01-26 11:50:18)

Cosmo wrote:

A JX-8P for about

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

374 (edited by Brian Chinetti 2009-01-26 12:05:20)

Get it. It sounds good, very Detroit / Chicago sounding. Marshall Jefferson used it for more than 2 decades. Personally I like it best for strings and pads, but you can get very decent basses out of it too.

It's well worth the 140 euro, programmer or not. You can use a midi controller for it, either software or hardware. But there's no real need, it's fairly easy to edit it with from the front panel. 140 is actually cheap, over here they are around 250 average.

Ow, and as far as I know there's no typical problems that you should be aware of.

375 (edited by olivier8 2009-01-26 14:04:04)

get the JX8P

You can use software JXPC to save, load & edit JX8P patches, it works with SYSEX
helps a lot to re-arrange your settings..
a lot of cool patches are available to start from, it saves a lot of time, you just change the parameters you need, instead of starting from scratch...there's even a 303 patch somewhere

Edit / the only thing to look at is the keyboard that can get sort of sticky with time and not correctly responding (oxydation ) but th JX8P will still work perfect via midi..i don't like too much the keyboard action anyway, too heavy there are much better responding masterkeyboards...if i could i 'd just make it a rack

Pages Previous 1 13 14 15 16 17 87 Next

You must login or register to post a reply