Re: another expensive record

rude66 wrote:

on discogs, i always figure the following scenario:

seller 1 thinks: hmm, lets put it up for 200 euro and see what happens
seller 2-5 think: oh my god, its worth a fortune! i'll sell mine too for the same price!
seller 5-10 think: hmm, there are several for sale, but no one apparently buys them, so i'll be a little cheaper
seller 11-rest think: fuck this, i want to sell, so not 200 euro but 20 euro!

i'm selling my cd collection on discogs, and did this with several cd's. actually with every one of them, i looked at the cheapest price and went under it, with generally a better condition so mine would be the best option if you are looking for this particular cd. but then i'm looking to get rid of them, not so much to get top dollar. and its working very well..

i'm sure you're also aware of the 'recent market price history' option, ruud? it'll help determine a reasonable price too.
usually you should think: hey it say's 200

rude66 wrote:

seller 2-5 think: oh my god, its worth a fortune! i'll sell mine too for the same price!
seller 5-10 think: hmm, there are several for sale, but no one apparently buys them, so i'll be a little cheaper

i'm selling my cd collection on discogs, and did this with several cd's. actually with every one of them, i looked at the cheapest price and went under it, with generally a better condition so mine would be the best option if you are looking for this particular cd. but then i'm looking to get rid of them, not so much to get top dollar. and its working very well..

i do the same.. i mean i did put high dollars on some and no reactions
most of the records i sell are doubles and records i don't like..
with the money i earn i buy new records..

someone told me the exact opposite.. put high dollars on your records otherwise no one
takes you serious
also he told me that he wouldn't walk to the postoffice for 5 bucks
stupid talk i even walk to the postoffice for 1 buck

Vlam Aan

raoul wrote:

i'm sure you're also aware of the 'recent market price history' option, ruud? it'll help determine a reasonable price too.
usually you should think: hey it say's 200

kuczera wrote:
rude66 wrote:

i do the same.. i mean i did put high dollars on some and no reactions
most of the records i sell are doubles and records i don't like..
with the money i earn i buy new records..

I've done the same with my collection.  If I end up w/ an extra copy or it's something I don't really like, I list it for sale.  Most of the stuff will sell eventually and help pay for some of the other stuff I buy.

@raoul: yes, i know about that, but a lot of stuff i have has never sold, or has no market history. or some things sold only in fair condition for 2 euro..
as for high vs low prices, it depends on what you sell, and how fast you want to get rid of it. i could ask 50 dollar for a trance compilation, but i dont think anyone would take me seriously then. and i've made some people very happy with stuff i thought would be worthless, and stuff that is valuable hasn't sold yet. also you have to see how in demand stuff is. there are lots of records of cd's that are simply worthless, and you can only get people to buy them as an extra for a few more euro and no shipping cost...
and yes, i'm planning to buy some stuff back on vinyl too..

you have to remember that this is not a free market, it's often enough driven by people who would sell their grandma for certain records. so it's more like a market for illegal substances. controlled by invisible forces.

nice try... http://cgi.ebay.de/SNOWY-RED-Second-LP- … ItemQQptZB

This guy must need a liver transplant or have a Faberg

wow 180 euri for a k7, is a bit rich
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?releas … &ev=rp

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

rude66 wrote:

I could ask 50 dollar for a trance compilation, but i dont think anyone would take me seriously then.

Well... trance, especialy psytrance/goa stuff goes for nice prices.
I just made like 400/500 euro selling like 30 records.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/PARADISE-FRAME-same- … 240%3A1318

Vlam Aan

I've been looking for that LP as well, too bad it always sells for so much $$$.

^ don't worry, it isn't that good
i only like 2 tracks they are great.. rest of the album is a bit corny

Vlam Aan

89 (edited by waxHead 2009-01-31 17:19:36)

kuczera wrote:

Oh really?  From the clips I've heard, I figured it was a great album all-around.  Of all the "cosmic" LPs, I think my favorite has to be the Arpadys LP - every single track is amazing smile

EDIT:

I've put it on for friends who've never heard of cosmic disco before, and they all loved it.  Perfect music for hangin out on a warm summer night, drinking and smoking cigars.

well ok maybe i'm spoiled.. but i mean it

only 2 tracks

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:

only 2 tracks

I think I'm gonna start a separate thread for this, but now I'm curious...  what's your favorite cosmic LP?  By favorite, I mean the one with the most tracks that you really like, and/or that you don't need to skip songs or only play one side.

How much would you shake for this?

waxHead wrote:
kuczera wrote:

only 2 tracks

I think I'm gonna start a separate thread for this, but now I'm curious...  what's your favorite cosmic LP?  By favorite, I mean the one with the most tracks that you really like, and/or that you don't need to skip songs or only play one side.

not cosmic but an album with winners all along

http://www.discogs.com/Joker-Joker/release/1143121

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:
waxHead wrote:
kuczera wrote:

only 2 tracks

not cosmic but an album with winners all along

http://www.discogs.com/Joker-Joker/release/1143121

Mine is definitely the Explorer - Untitled lp.Its just great.

Those were the days...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/3423499

Lol

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

I never see anyone post here who is proud to have bought "another expensive record", unlike the thread "another cheap record". Just an observation. smile

"Are you loving?"

kuczera wrote:

Yeah you would be well crazy to pay 300+ dollars for that, mediocre middle of the road synth LP but for those cosmic people even Ad Visser Kamasutra LP and Nova Machu Pichu are expensive classics I guess, its just very funny to see.

Squadra Smackos wrote:
kuczera wrote:

Yeah you would be well crazy to pay 300+ dollars for that, mediocre middle of the road synth LP but for those cosmic people even Ad Visser Kamasutra LP and Nova Machu Pichu are expensive classics I guess, its just very funny to see.

Nova Machu Pichu
i have that one, not bad, how much is it going for then? i hardly bother picking that up at fleemarkets, should i?

Scarface wrote:

I never see anyone post here who is proud to have bought "another expensive record", unlike the thread "another cheap record". Just an observation. smile

paid 29 euri for fingers inc. - distant planet ( jack trax )

to much? dunno

Vlam Aan

I paid $160 for
"IN THE FACE OF ... DEATH" a cassette by VITA NOCTIS

does this count?

Europa has burned, and will burn again

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → another expensive record