Topic: Is this Quazar, myself or someone else?

I was listening to an old cassette tape and after a couple of Quazar songs, the following was played. Here's a short sample. Now I was thinking, is this also Quazar or someone else or did I made it myself and can't remember it anymore. It's not that I really like it but was just wondering.  I can imagine I made it because of some fault, the strings that's too low in volume, the strange end (which you don't hear in the sample) but maybe it was just a Quazar track played live on the radio. After this track a song followed which was for sure mine.

http://home.tiscali.nl/~smeyer/heeloudje.mp3

Re: Is this Quazar, myself or someone else?

sander, you are the only artist i know that has to ask others if a piece of music is from himself or not.. big_smile

actually quazar used to play a lot of live acid in the 90's. this sounds about like what they did back then.. so my guess is that its quazar, and maybe a live recording from a show or something..

if i'm wrong and it is you, toss it.. its acid trance.. big_smile

3 (edited by Sander 2009-02-09 13:02:58)

yeah I was allready thinking how I would have made it. But in the 90ies I was busy with Rebirth and might allready had the syntechno teebee and I might have synced it with seq-303 or something for that other sound.

but Ruud, this was from the time that trance could be good music. Before triestoo or whatever got famous with a new style also called trance.

rude66 wrote:

sander, you are the only artist i know that has to ask others if a piece of music is from himself or not.. big_smile

Well I sometimes hear very old things of mine of which I totally forgot but now for sure it's mine because of the sounds or that there are more tracks on the tape which i did recognize.

hey, i know the problem.. i found things on old dat tapes from the 90's that i dont remember at all.. and i know theyre mine..

6 (edited by baz 2009-02-10 13:38:20)

maybe its the 90ties with their

http://www.pet-comfort-products.com/images/colorful-pills-01.gif

wink

lol this reminds me of the story of the cosmic jokers . the musicians were offered drugs (acid, shrooms, etc) in exchange for recording musics. the guy who recorded put out the music without telling the musicians and didnt even know till one day one of the musicians heard the track in a record store and noticed it sounded awfully familiar.

"musicians"

not only were they real musicians, but they were and are better musicians than you, or me for that matter, will ever be..

manuel gottsching, haralf grosskopf, klaus schulze.. the cosmic jokers were like a krautrock supergroup..

rude66 wrote:

not only were they real musicians, but they were and are better musicians than you, or me for that matter, will ever be..

manuel gottsching, haralf grosskopf, klaus schulze.. the cosmic jokers were like a krautrock supergroup..

indeed. would have loved to be in that studio with them lol!

11 (edited by Sander 2009-02-15 00:03:40)

I never have touched any kind of drugs so I should be able to remember things  : )

if you had ever touched them, you probably wouldn't remember your own name and be living under a bridge somewhere.. big_smile

I guess so big_smile

ah those cosmic jokers.. i got it mixed up with some 90's acid crapsters. i take it back, sorry.

still, it's up for debate how musical you are after a decent amount of acid big_smile