Re: Oberheim Matrix 6

thanks for the input retali8 and rude66. I'll check it out tomorrow. The seller does seem like someones who's first prize is his lowest price, but i'll see.
I ran the mac editor yesterday just to see how it works and i must say i'm pretty impressed with all the possibilities this machine has, the modulation matrix and all the different settings are pretty advanced.

27 (edited by Sander 2009-02-18 15:05:28)

mr pauli wrote:

Ha !
Using the editor was a step forward... but having a Drehbank with the Matrix 6 is really amazing !

Finally hands on control smile

Hi, do you use the drehbank icw the editor? Or did you program all the knob using the drehbank software?
In the last case, can you give me an example of the strings and values I need to enter. Just for one knob is fine.
System exclusive is not so easy.

28 (edited by mr pauli 2009-02-19 02:56:27)

No i only used the Matrix editor to look for the sysex string it's sending out ( using midiox ).
Then i used the drehbank editor to put the sysex strings in the drehbank.
So now i don't need to have that shite computer powered on just to make a patch smile

For the Matrix the sysex string should look like this :  F0 10 06 06 -- xx F7
-- being the parameter you need to figure out and xx being the value ( 0- 63, or 0-3 or whatever )
You don't have to put the value in the string itself, but you need to adjust it in the edit knob screen of the
derhbank edtor.

I can advise you to make a list of the Matrix patch edit parameters in the order they are listed
on the casing :

00   DCO1  FREQ
01   DCO1  FREQ MOD /  LFO 1
02   DCO1  SYNC

etc... up to

98   LFO2   SAMPLE INPUT

and then start filling in the corresponding sysex parameter.
It took me a weekend to learn about and get used to the HEXA decimal system but once you get it
it's just as simple as normal counting . Only when you get from 09, the next value isn't 10 , but 0A  !!!
This goes uptill 0F , and then goes up to 10.
When i figured that out i had a big Einstein moment wink  which you won't have because now i told you... sorry...

So

00   DCO1 FREQ                       00     so the string would be  F0 10 06 06 00 F7
01   DCO1 FREQ MOD / LFO1     01                                       F0 10 06 06 01 F7
15   DCO2  WAVESHAPE            0F                                      F0 10 06 06 0F F7

etc  up to

98   LFO2   SAMPLE INPUT         62                                      F0 10 06 06 62 F7   

well this is about all the info you need to get you going... in fact you don't even need to think that much anymore.
Only make that list and fill in the sysex values

Have fun programming!  smile

29 (edited by Sander 2009-02-18 23:11:18)

Cool, thank you!!. I'll give it a try some day. I'm familiar with hex counting.

very cool. and very practical.

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

rude66 wrote:

there was one here in holland on marktplaats for 400 euri last night..  but if you want the one for 500, try to talk him down, most sellers are willing to give something..

Lol the guy that was selling it here in holland for 400 just changed the auction and raised the price to 450!

that's unbelievable...even a matrix 6 is getting hard to get for a decent price.
I paid 300euros for a 6r like three years ago and I thought it wasn't cheap (well it was, and still is in really good condition).
You could look for a matrix1000 also.

33 (edited by RETALI8 2009-02-20 00:15:41)

Fuck I hate it when people jack up the price after listing it for a lower price! motherfuckers
Seen that a few times lately

Btw Pauli, liked that jam you posted...zoned out to that pretty hard while i was meant to be working yesterday. haha

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital