Topic: Amsterdam (from today to tuesday next week)

Hi all,

I will be in Amsterdam for a business trip for more or less a week, if any robots is in the area let's meet for a beer!
Possibly in the weekend I will be around Rotterdam / Den Haag area, so that can be an occasion as well.

Ciao,
Alex

Re: Amsterdam (from today to tuesday next week)

hi alex
come have a beer with us on Friday!
http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=316

grtz
G.

ur ass, ur face.. whats the difference..

Disco Exota is nice!

Non linear elements avoid the void of your voice

4 (edited by Mr. Maximal 2008-08-06 21:59:19)

Let's visit then...

You staying in the center, Alex?

5 (edited by David Vunk 2008-08-07 10:28:34)

hey alex you know that you are more than welcome in rotterdam too!!!

cheers mate=d

I am working (and sleeping) at the WTC, so I think it should be quite easy to get around in the center...
Friday I might pop up at the DiscoExota, but on the weekend I definitely want to be around R'dam/The Hague...
David, you live in Rotterdam in the center?

Just let me know if you'd like to meet up or have a drink on friday, exota could be cool.

...anybody willing to join me tomorrow morning in Utrecht to see the railway museum? smile

We are going to Amsterdam on the 23rd till 25th Oktober for the stubnitz party. Any suggestions for cheap hostels, hotels in areas that are not full of pissed up brits on stag weekends. Also suggestions of good eateries and the like.

Cheers

damn i wish i could come to that !

rimini wrote:

We are going to Amsterdam on the 23rd till 25th Oktober for the stubnitz party. Any suggestions for cheap hostels, hotels in areas that are not full of pissed up brits on stag weekends. Also suggestions of good eateries and the like.

Cheers

I dunno about any good hotels/hostels but be quick with bookings because there arent that many in Amsterdam..

for food its best not to go to the centre but try the old part around. The best food you can find at the Indonesian and Surinam shops/restaurants. And dont forget to try the 'haring' at Spui square on your way to the 'Tweede kamer' wink

(maybe a usefull link for food

TB or not TB

Thanks Freek!

ok, record shops in amsterdam, drop the name, not rush hour, second hand shops

I remember two, one is in that cool neighborhood next to a lot of small bookstores and cafes, one in a sort of basement with a rock bearded man as owner, but I don't remember neither where nor names. Help.

I ransacked them all...

But check this out: http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/recordshopnl.html

Your bearded man is in there as well.

Mr. Maximal wrote:

I ransacked them all...

not fair

If you like hip hop:

Melkweg, Amsterdam, feb 22

Beatnuts / Lords of the Underground / Tha Alkaholiks / Paris / Jeru The Damaja / Heltah Skeltah / Sugacane/ MOD the Black Marvel / TLM/ Mass / DLP / hosted by Deams

most complicated robot wrote:
Mr. Maximal wrote:

I ransacked them all...

not fair

I was only looking for electro/disco, but hey, they get some new records sometimes. I guess all the shops are continuously plundered by tourists who have nothing else to do than shop all day.

Concerto on the Utrechtsestraat has a lot of contemporary vinyl, and 2nd hand also. Theyre getting new stuff weekly but last time I was there I guess there was not too much in terms of obscure stuff.

i dggin mostly italo, what's the best place/places?

last time in ams I found only an injection rec copy of tapps forbidden lover and doctors cat, feel the drive. So I'm not expecting great stuff but where should I look to be most effective?

well in fleamarkets and take time to dig all the records, actually you d have even more luck in switzerland in second hand shops, there must be a couple in zurich... also not long ago there was a HUGE record fair in roggwill i believe it happend each year