Topic: your best cheap finds: bragging time

Nothing serious, but i was wondering what are everybody's best cheap finds. I'm talking maximum 5 euro/dollars, and worth a lot more. Most of the time you have a good memory where you found them so maybe some stories too?
just for fun, some of mine are:

Plutons and humanoids-world invaders (on vs records). Found this in a bike shop that also sells comic books and some records for 1 euro. Didn't knew what it was at the time, but it looked cool. I bought probably fifty records that day, all pretty rare imports. Probably some dj that had sold his collection. The owner had a big smile on his face when i walked down the stairs with all those records and i had an even bigger smile. Didn't have a car at that time (i was 17 maybe) so i took them home in those bags on my bike.

Prince-The Black album for 1,25 euro...

Network- I need you lp on Rams Horn for 1 euro. Didn't knew what it was but it said salsoul so worth a try. Cover girl kicks ass.

LJ waiters-Hook on your line on Queen Constance. 1 euro. Sounds like it was recorded in a dumpster. Don't like it really...

The Sarr Band album for 2 euros i think. Bought it of a street vendor in Lissabon with 10 crates of crap, except this. I even talked him down on the price, i didn't knew what it was but i knew 'Magic Mandrake'.

Armando 151 on Warehouse for 1 euro. From a woman who sold her husbands records.

When i think of it probably 90 procent of my collection was bought for euhm...1 euro. Other dj's and record geeks used to call me 'Mr 1 euro'. Sometimes i miss buying records....
Anyone else?

2 (edited by rimini 2009-02-26 23:13:00)

Re: your best cheap finds: bragging time

I find it harder and harder to find those 'hidden' gems  - All the second hand record shops will look on Discogs and find out how 'rare' something is.

Car Boot Sales, Mind Shop, Oxfam (though Oxfam are savvy to the worth of some vinyl and there prices have gone up!)

http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=307

Oh, didn't mention there (maybe I did on the CBS-forum). From the top of my head:

Rudy - Just Take My Body LP (Goody Music) for 1euro in a recycle-store (kringloopwinkel)
Sauvage - Do You Want Me (Made Up Record) for 1euro on the internet (!!) but that's excl. shipping so maybe that doesn't count...
This one http://www.discogs.com/Indians-In-Mosco … se/1404898 for 3,50euro in a secondhand store. It's for 300euro on discogs (!!)

It doesn't compensate all the non-bargains I had though, but something to keep you going for sure. wink

"Are you loving?"

oh shit, apparently this topic already exist...sorry. So far for being original lol.