Re: Tell everyone why you are happy.

because tonight in my local pub in hackney, east london, i met some dude wearing a bunker t-shirt.
introduced myself and he is a robot from italy, cimabot

good meeting you amico

keep hackney crap

Because my apartment DIDN'T burn down!

I was watching a movie with my roommate and girl friend on Saturday night when all of a sudden, boom boom boom boom on the door "everyone out, fire in the building!".

My cat is lucky he's so damn cute, because there were like 50 other things I wanted to grab, but alas, I grabbed my cat and we ran outside only to be greeted my 7 or 8 fire trucks and 15 foot flames shooting out the top of our building. Luckily, after about 30 minutes, the firemen were able to put out the fire.  The whole time I was shitting myself because a) there was a fire on the roof that could potentially spread to my apartment b) if the sprinkler system went off, my entire studio would've been destroyed...

Thank god neither or these things happened!

Im happy because of the thunder and lightning outside, i love it when it gets dark and cozy and nature hits us

I'm happy because Bose decided that it wasn't my fault my headset broke, and gave me a new one!

robots.for.robots

Dez wrote:

Because my apartment DIDN'T burn down!

I was watching a movie with my roommate and girl friend on Saturday night when all of a sudden, boom boom boom boom on the door "everyone out, fire in the building!".

My cat is lucky he's so damn cute, because there were like 50 other things I wanted to grab, but alas, I grabbed my cat and we ran outside only to be greeted my 7 or 8 fire trucks and 15 foot flames shooting out the top of our building. Luckily, after about 30 minutes, the firemen were able to put out the fire.  The whole time I was shitting myself because a) there was a fire on the roof that could potentially spread to my apartment b) if the sprinkler system went off, my entire studio would've been destroyed...

Thank god neither or these things happened!

wow! thats totally cool it didnt fuck you up. crazy stuff.

56 (edited by Robot Monster 2008-07-15 12:17:41)

While we're on the subject of crazy stuff...

I managed to fell aleep in front of the telly on saturday. 4 o clock at night I woke up because I heard a weird sound. It turned out that the sound was coming from the sliding door out to the garden, which is about a couple of metres from me. The door had just been opened by some beared fellow, i had no idea who he was, and when I tried to ask him he didn't respond. He then entered, slipped of his shoes, and fell asleep on the couch right across the room. I was like "what the hell?", pinched my arm, and assured myself I wasn't still asleep and dreaming. I went over to the guy, and managed to wake him up after a couple of mins and asked him again who he was and what he was doing at my couch. He was apparently pretty drunk or stoned or summat, and it was pretty hard getting anything out of him.

When he first said something he complained about it being cold outside and that he liked my dog. He then went silent for some time while he was petting my dog (who in turn apparently enjoyed the company of a nightly visitor). When he started to speak again he said something about having a special "bond"/"connection" with my dog. I made it clear that he couldn't spend the night here, and he accepted that. He then continued to pet my dog for a while, before he stood up, put on his shoes, apoligized politely and headed out the same way he entered. I felt bad about not allowing him to sleep on the couch, because he seemed like a nice chap. Strange stuff.

robots.for.robots

Weeeiird. Guess your dog is not a watchdog then?

hey Robot Monster,

Was the drunk called Rune Danielson? It sounds about right for him

keep hackney crap

I think he said his name was Halvard or something similiar, I even shaked hands with the guy. I would've let him stay if he wore a bunker t-shirt wink

I guess my dog is useless as a guarddog. He barks all day, but that's mainly directed at birds. The dog was just happy that a stranger came by. I guess I should start locking doors before I go to bed or something.

robots.for.robots

@Robot Monster...a very similar thing happened to my friend here...except the dude was homeless and turned on the tv...he ended up calling the cops and the guy got arrested....crazy!

I got a Moorish recipe book as a present from one of my best friends, and the first page I turned to in front of her was a recipe that had my name in it, haha!

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

cos right now im drinking a weihenstephaner, my favourite summer drink, and dj speculator is playing me his latest hot finds from the thing!

63 (edited by yoyodyne corporation 2008-07-16 05:31:13)

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/adelaideperson/ultrasound.jpg

today my partner went for her second ultrasound for our second baby. my partner wished to find out whether she was having a baby boy or girl this time around - we are having a girl which confirmed my hunch!

congratulations

I will be happy if I get the job I have been desperately waiting to hear back about. The suspense is filling me with an intense sense of dread

ps congrats about the little girl

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

byron wrote:

because tonight in my local pub in hackney, east london, i met some dude wearing a bunker t-shirt.
introduced myself and he is a robot from italy, cimabot

good meeting you amico

hey! cimabot! good man. randomly bumped into him on Oxford Street last week. big_smile

I was eating breakfast in a cafe near my house, with my ex girlfriend and housemate, and i saw some guy wearing a creme organization t-shirt, so I was shouting at him from the window of the cafe to come over, I think he thought I was some weirdo because he looked over then hurried away
haha

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat

68 (edited by meschi 2008-07-16 08:13:47)

HAHAHAHA, excellent.

Im happy cause I found out I passed this brutal job assesment I went for. 2 and a half hours, scenario based and I.Q. tests and all sorts. Got an interview middle of august so we'll see what happens.

hope you get yours reatli8

Pretty extreme interview...what do you do?

Cheers man, I have my fingers crossed. I had to do a trial for the job too, not as intense as yours I think but I spent a lot of time on it still (its a graphic design job with a bit of marketing stuff rolled in, which will be new to me)

I work for Transport for London, currently organising school trips for little kiddies to go to museums. decent job but not very taxing.

The assessment was for the traffic control centre. sort of like air traffic control, but for the roads. tongue

71 (edited by jonny five 2008-07-16 09:30:04)

meschi wrote:

The assessment was for the traffic control centre. sort of like air traffic control, but for the roads. tongue

jesus. i'm never taking public transport again.

edit: congrats!

cheers jonny...

I wouldnt trust me either wink

We're on strike and I don't have work, enjoying a beautiful cup of tea at home - am also happy that this forum is not blocked from work's server!

meschi wrote:

HAHAHAHA, excellent.

Im happy cause I found out I passed this brutal job assesment I went for. 2 and a half hours, scenario based and I.Q. tests and all sorts. Got an interview middle of august so we'll see what happens.

hope you get yours reatli8

nice one dude, i remember you wisnae looking forward to that much . all the best for the 'view cool

Went to the dentist and it went perfectly fine: the drill didnt hurt at all. I will never ever have to be afraid again...

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o360/hooliganita/Zahnschmelzpastajpg.jpg

A better tomorrow.