Topic: Omar-S Live dj set

Hi robots. I'm going to see mr. omar in some hours smile anyone seen him live?

I love his untitled hard to find mix cds, but don't like some of his tracks sad

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

Re: Omar-S Live dj set

I'm pretty sure his CDs all have names.

Just listen to the music and if it moves you, cool. Have fun, I think his set will be a good time, regardless of whether you like his tracks. Unless he does an homage to his Fabric mix. wink

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Thanks, I was talking about these:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-FYA-Detr … ase/668002
http://www.discogs.com/Various-FYA2-Det … ase/837003
http://www.discogs.com/Various-ON-Detro … ase/667115
http://www.discogs.com/Omar-S-FYA3-Detr … ase/918735

Was expecting better sad

really? he's playing dublin in a few weeks - give us a bit of a report please mr levan!

Larry Levan wrote:

Hi robots. I'm going to see mr. omar in some hours smile anyone seen him live?

I love his untitled hard to find mix cds, but don't like some of his tracks sad

What are you saying exactly? I presume his sets are a mixture of his own and others tracks and I for one would love to see him

i went to omar-s last night
smile
i was ok...for the part that i remenber..after that things went wild
and i dont remenber anymore
but mainly he plays stuff from him
smile

all those mix cd have his own tracks in. and they not hard to find as you can get from fxhe.
Omar s has mad styles about his person, you dont like one record but the next record has a totally different feel.
I'm always a little surprised when people dont like him, unless they heard just one or two of his records.

He played Glasgow a while back.  Cant mix for his life and was a little underwhelming.
Some producers should stay in the studio, Carl Craig being another example.

Would love to hear Omar-S DJ for once, altho' i'm not that impressed with his mix cd's.. and the fabric mix isn't really that special either... but still.. his tracks are great!

Totally agree about Carl Craig. Saw him once, playing a set after Theo Parrish (who rocked ofcource) and it was horrible.. some detroit techno-trance crap or something..

Heil CBS

Herr Flick wrote:

Totally agree about Carl Craig. Saw him once, playing a set after Theo Parrish (who rocked ofcource) and it was horrible.. some detroit techno-trance crap or something..

I guess that was at 10 Days Off in Ghent. I was there as well wink.

CC was a let down indeed, especially when you know the guy knows his "Pappenheimers".

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

10 days off idd! It was worth it for Theo Parrish alone.. nice set!

Heil CBS

Saw Omar at Fabric this last weekend. Mostly pretty good but had a lot of departures to soulful house.. Not as good as previous times I have seen him. But still played no U.F.O's and Steve Silk Hurley so I cant complain big_smile

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

14 (edited by Communicator 2009-03-23 21:54:05)

Maybe he just doesn't care any more.

dont bother playing to people who pay money to see him then.
saying 'i doint care' 'im not going to bother'... well, you wont win friends like that..
i dont think that really the problem though, think he is just not the best of djs.
album soon too or?

16 (edited by Poodle 2009-03-24 23:10:40)

i really liked the interview. how i read it the "i don't care" stuff was more towards artists not showing up at his studio and dealing with businessmen who are fucked from doing drugs, not towards his fans...

Just wanted to get your attention but agreed - seems he's just talking about the business and hustle of it all. Got love for the fans though.

Saw him saturday and it was excellant. The choice of music and atmosphere was spot on. Vry nice of him to put up with certain drunken fanboy antics.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Saw him play at Bleep43 in London a few weekends ago and he was really good. He played for 4 hours and everyone there was well into it. He seemed pretty into it too.

Yeah, I think he does really well with long sets when he can tell that the crowd is feeling it. I saw him play a 4 hour set on a roof in Detroit during the festival this year it was totally sweet. I don't know about technical stuff, but the track selection was great--house, techno, acid, his own productions, some classic type stuff. I remember he dropped Adonis "No Way Back" and everyone cheered and he had this secret smile on his face. Was very personable too and I am not usually someone who chats up dj's but I wanted to say hi and he was very nice.

I'm making him cookies next time he comes to NY.

21 (edited by byron 2009-06-26 12:22:08)

there is a link here (http://bolachasgratis.baywords.com/?p=7297) for an Omar S mix if anyone is interested

edit its not mixed, its all the tracks on the mix as individual files, sorry

keep hackney crap

Ive seen him a few times now. been brilliant every time. go see it, enjoy and dance dance dance.

Basic Aly wrote:

He played Glasgow a while back.  Cant mix for his life and was a little underwhelming.
Some producers should stay in the studio, Carl Craig being another example.

Carl Craig's set at bloc weekend was the first time i've seen him and I have to say it was like watching paint dry and knowing that all the paint was gonna do was dry.