Topic: What are you robots reading right now?

As the title says, post what you are currently reading.

Malcolm Gladwell - Blink

Re: What are you robots reading right now?

'A Light in August' William Faulkner

The Sound and the Fury is one of my favourite books but everything else of his has disappointed me.
Am enjoying this one thoroughly.

hey has anyone read Shantaram?
its sitting by my bed threatening to be read

keep hackney crap

3 (edited by Larry Levan 2008-07-14 22:29:30)

I'm reading this topic  roll http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=364

What comes next? What are you robots wanking to?

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

Guide for Robots to Understand Man

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg116/RyanwithKeyboard/039309214301LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The psychological realism is remarkable

Motorfunker Radio Mixes
     Analysis - Synthesis
              "Obey"

G. K. Chesterton
The Club of Queer Trades

^^Ooh, sounds like good one.

I'm reading F.Scott Fitzgerald "This Side of Paradise"

Flow my tears, the policeman said - Philip K. Dick

robert heinlein - the puppet masters

next

herman hesse - the glass bead game. ive heard its meaty, need to borrow it off my bro.

http://press.princeton.edu/images/k8135.gif

In the 1980s, America was gripped by widespread panics about Satanic cults. Conspiracy theories abounded about groups who were allegedly abusing children in day-care centers, impregnating girls for infant sacrifice, brainwashing adults, and even controlling the highest levels of government. As historian of religions David Frankfurter listened to these sinister theories, it occurred to him how strikingly similar they were to those that swept parts of the early Christian world, early modern Europe, and postcolonial Africa. He began to investigate the social and psychological patterns that give rise to these myths. Thus was born Evil Incarnate, a riveting analysis of the mythology of evilconspiracy.

sounds really interesting man

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/RESOURCE/MEDIA/IMAGES/bookcovers/Original/BookCovers10/0/7/4/9/0749386576.jpg

Is a modern reworking of the Faust legend, in which Germany sells its soul to the Devil. Mann's protagonist, the composer Adrian Leverku hn, is the flower of German culture, a brilliant, isolated, overreaching figure, his radical new music a breakneck game played by art at the very edge of impossibility. In return for twenty-four years of unparalleled musical accomplishment, he bargains away his soul--and the ability to love his fellow man. Leverku hn's life story is a brilliant allegory of the rise of the Third Reich, of Germany's renunciation of its own humanity and its embrace of ambition and nihilism. It is also Mann's most profound meditation on the German genius--both national and individual--and the terrible responsibilities of the truly great artist.

12 (edited by jimmy jazz 2008-07-15 10:51:01)

A big classic, and I'm really enjoying it:
http://www.booksforbookclub.com/fiction/namerose.jpg

@meschi: Hermann Hesse is one of my favourite writers. Loved reading Siddhartha. Haven 't read The Glass Bead Game though, but the plot looks promising...

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

13 (edited by meschi 2008-07-15 10:59:55)

supposedly his magnum opus, my bro says (apart from dune) the best book he's ever read.

meschi wrote:

herman hesse - the glass bead game. ive heard its meaty, need to borrow it off my bro.

yeah, it's a really good one, but it's epic.

i'm reading the 'heart of darkness' at the moment by joseph conrad - pretty insane so far.

recently finished 'the gangs of new york' by herbert asbury. very interesting look at the history of the underworld of new york in the 1800s and early 1900s. it has some great stories on the gangs' exploits but also is a great look at new york's night life back then. it's clear that although the idea for the 'discoteque' may have come from france the all night dances and seedy basement dives already existed there for a long time before that.

H.S. Thompson - Hell's Angels.

First book I've ever read by Thompson. Borrowing it from a friend and enjoying it.

Iain M. Banks - Inversions

Empire of the Sun - J.G Ballard

Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood. Pretty good written, but the story is beginning to annoy me a little. Too many whiney girls...

Discontinues wrote:

Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood. Pretty good written, but the story is beginning to annoy me a little. Too many whiney girls...

haha. the robette is reading this now too and said the same thing.

metro-nome wrote:

^^Ooh, sounds like good one.

I'm reading F.Scott Fitzgerald "This Side of Paradise"

Classic Summer Read, " I know myself but that is All"

Motorfunker Radio Mixes
     Analysis - Synthesis
              "Obey"

jonny five wrote:

haha. the robette is reading this now too and said the same thing.

Haha! Really? I thought my dislike of whiney girls was a male thing.

I recently bought "Niezwyci??ony" from Stanislav Lem (I have the german book and can't find the english name).

meschi wrote:

supposedly his magnum opus, my bro says (apart from dune) the best book he's ever read.

I dunno, I liked Foucault's Pendulum even better. Nevertheless, Name of the rose is very enjoyable. Book and movie that is.

American Psycho.
Have read it once before, enjoying it even more the second time

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

Is it better than Glamorama?