Topic: Live 8 released

Pullin' out my VISA

http://www.ableton.com/live-8

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

2 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-04-02 22:34:00)

Re: Live 8 released

I just bought the fecking update from 6 to 7 a few months ago and of course I don't get this one for free. Same happened when updating from 5 to 6. They announce the next update almost the day after I buy the previous update. This suxx. Anyway it's looking great, I really like that they finally included groove templates so you can have different swing/groove settings instead of the default one, one could import one from mpc or whateva

vocoder time!

Ouchhh, that really sucks!.. Have you been in contact with them? They are pretty reasonable

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Yeah might try that actually this time smile

would love to get the suite but money is tight at the moment.... bmx are you going for the suite or not bothered with the instruments?

They seem to have ridiculously good deal on for upgrading to the suite only 299 vs 149 for just live 8.

cima: i got the suite but i will only upgrade live.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

.. waitaminute, i see the suite is only 30e more. Fuck it, ill just get that one then.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Payed in full

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

let us know what it's like, I use Live Lite 7 and would like to upgrade (but no money for some time). I'm pissed they removed Midi send from Lite 7. What is the big differences between 6 & 7 ?

There's a video here; http://www.ableton.com/

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

I'm really thinking about the suite too, that's why I haven't upgraded yet.

What sold you on the Live 8 suite?

well, i sorta see it as a tip since its just like 30e more .. Who knows, mayebe its something useable

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

right, no need to think at this upgrade price.

I just had a listen and I don't see the use for me, regardless of the price, and it would be  a lot more since I don't have the suite already.

I could do with the vocoder and the Latin Percussion (I always wanted a shitload of those), but EUR179 is a bit steep for me at the mo...

Fuck, you mean I'm no longer bad-ass by doing my edits in Live 5?

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

You are officially debadassed

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

FUUCK! NOOOO! *agonizing shame*
lol

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SCfwBkF65oY/R-puqPlNyII/AAAAAAAAB8g/iFfHPEvQZ4M/s400/Wicked+Witch+almost+melted.jpg

You have to have 8 to get all the latest minimal clickstep tools

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Haha. And what about Glitch-House? It's my next move.

22 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-04-09 23:38:43)

glitch house, wasn't that like micro house that was like 5 years ago or something. Does anybody remember .. fuck I don't even remember the most famous artist of that genre even though I used to  listen to it.. i think he was canadian or something.

akufen?

I just mentioned cause I just heard the term a few days ago and I was like "WTF is that?" They told me sort of how it sounds and I said "Oh my friend makes that stuff. Ableton and its clip libraries are those dudes gods."

25 (edited by TONY COPS 2009-04-28 03:58:41)

I finally upgraded to Live 8 today, I'm a bit underwhelmed, they put in lots of new crap but in the end it's still pretty much the same for me. 
The vocoder sounds nice, better than anything else I've heard in software and of course it's easy to use because of its internal routing.
I was a disappointed to see that I now need to set my midi out negative delay on -83ms to get the 808 to play on time.
Is there something I'm not getting?

Anyway I'm still far from my dream DAW, but whatever, it's a 150$ vocoder I guess.

here's my first Live 8 doodle.

http://share.ovi.com/media/TONYCOPS.tra … COPS.10055