Re: Any sporty robots here ?

ThE_OwL wrote:

basketball - for 7 years or something like that...

you are one of the tallest robots i met so far that's for sure

i was into marshal arts for several years - practicing a combination of judo karate and kendo. latest i practiced tai chi.

nowadays - swimming and cycling...but not doing enough of any.

do you count dancing in clubs as a sport? big_smile

I used to skateboard for 10 years, which was the only excercise I done. stopped that about 2 years and got heavy wink

On the 1st January this year, I vowed to do more and basically get more active, as I wasnt getting any lighter if you know what I mean. So, I joined the gym, started doing cardio 4 times a week, when the weather got better I started cycling from bexleyheath to london and back twice a week, and basically eating good and feeling good. ended up losing 2 stone. I havent done much in the last few weeks and started to get lazy again, so I have my gym stuff with me today to get back into the groove smile

also started a calesthenics program, that shits tough smile

I go out running on a regular basis, usually 5km, it takes me about 35 mins incl. warming up and is a great start of the day.
Also, starting coming september, I am playing soccer again. A friend of mine revived the oldest soccer club of Dordrecht (it dissappeard due to merges some years back) and I am playing in their lowest level team. Looking very much forward to playing matches every sunday and training once a week.
Also, I go to see FC Dordrecht (2nd league soccer team) play as much as I can when they are playing home games. But thats more a beer than a sports thing I guess.

29 (edited by Mr. Maximal 2008-07-15 10:24:45)

Did cycling and basketball, but I'm too injured for that now. Nowadays I do a little squash and 1-2 weeks of skiing per year.

Edit spell

i run or cycle or go to the gym most days. i've also been doing yoga for 8 years, started because it  helped with my bad back, but found i really enjoyed it. have been thinking about taking up thai boxing or kung fu, used to do a korean martial art called hap ki do and enjoyed that.

@ starborough :

Hans van der Meer has been photographing football matches in the amateur leagues in Holland and beyond.

http://www.noorderlicht.com/img/fest01/gallery/sign/ph2.jpg

http://www.vvork.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/ball.jpg

dans l'ombre du vendredi 13

these days i do general non-weight exercises at home, used to run a lot though and kinda miss it. i'd love to cycle more too,now i'm away from london for a while...before discovering smoking/drinking/insomnia/laziness/cynicism in my late teens i played basketball, volleyball & rugby, the last two at regional select level. didn't have much appetite to giving over 5 nights in the week to training though.

Basketball for 15 years, after which I realised it's a big scam in pros.
I'll rather waste my health on drugs and parties then on steroids and fighting with sweaty men over a ball.

"...or something." - Legowelt

I go running: very meditative. Listening to good mixes; just the right beat, the right fun.

A better tomorrow.

I've to admit that I'm not sportive at all.

When I was young, I was doing sports at school but at the age of six the doctor discover a cardiomyopath, a cardiac malformation,  and I had to stop all sports till my 18 years. Then, I took the bad habit to do any activity because as soon that I was doing any effort, everybody was telling to me :

No sports here too, i'm too lazy probably...

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

sombre wrote:

@ starborough :

Hans van der Meer has been photographing football matches in the amateur leagues in Holland and beyond.

there is wild animals at these football matches? if so....that is awesome!

I like to cruise around on my longboard (skateboard) when the rain stays away. Very zen-like activity, just carving the streets. And I want to pick up running again.

Automatic

does working in the sports channel for a week count? big_smile
well im thinking starting swimming

40 (edited by Erroraudio 2008-07-16 12:04:56)

http://www.multiplex-rc.de/hp/produkte/images/021420702.jpg

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

i am a stair step master.  my ass is huge.

Uh

used to run and listen to mixes... now I ride exercise bike and listen to mixes so I can monitor heartrate and get a better cardio workout.  Try to lift some too... just enough to where I don't look like a puss... which is not a small amount considering I'm not muscular at all

hmm
lets see
sports
only when...
i make food
using the computer mouse
sex
and painting

thats it
i guess
and when i drive a car
smile

Mr. Satellite wrote:
Tin Man wrote:

i train capoeira for 3 years now....for all the girls out there yes im flexible big_smile hahahahaha

Nice one.

Did you the angola or the contemporary style ?

well i think that contemporary means regional...i know it by that name smile but we do angola too....

A Musica....A Musica Na Capoeira Eu Axe....A musica Na Capoeira Eu Todo

Shotokan karate, swimming and the occasional skateboarding to brake stuff and take it easy for a while..

46 (edited by charlie 2008-07-19 11:46:25)

Kickball Fever!

http://www.charliedronkers.com/jpg/kickball.jpg

HAL wrote:

I like to cruise around on my longboard (skateboard) when the rain stays away. Very zen-like activity, just carving the streets. And I want to pick up running again.

Ive always fancied a longboard but we dont really have the streets for it in London, i dont think anyway. Im going skating for the first time in about a year tomorrow night. expecting bruising for Monday big_smile

Hadnt done anything for about 15 years, until january when i started on Wuzuquan kung fu. Really like it, am in much better shape now. When i cant make it to training for one reason or another i usually do a bit of biking and working out in  fitness centre. Nothing extreme really, but it helps

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

mushaden wrote:

used to run and listen to mixes... now I ride exercise bike and listen to mixes so I can monitor heartrate and get a better cardio workout.  Try to lift some too... just enough to where I don't look like a puss... which is not a small amount considering I'm not muscular at all

you take it serious, ha! Checking heartrate. For me the pulse is more important. I would miss the smell of the fields and the wind in my hair and all that life surrounding me, though. I gotta get oUtsIde!

A better tomorrow.

Cage fighting with wild dogs and backgammon keeps me on my toes.

I also walk alot.