Topic: Proppellerhead Record

rumour is that proppellerhead have shown off there new "daw thing" to some people.

all the reason stuff +

can record audio

64bit mix engine and ssl modeled eq etc etc.

but cannot sill load 3rd party plugs. so it is closed like reason. i havent got any good link but this is what i heard, might be nice for you reason heads.

Re: Proppellerhead Record

pffff. Midi out would be a way better improvement.

so no midi after all?

From what I've been reading Record is completely separate from Reason (i.e. it doesn't include anything from Reason).

Seems that the press embargo will be lifted on Monday morning, so there should be more concrete info tomorrow.

I'm interested to see what they've done.  Even though Propellerhead products aren't for everyone, whenever they do something they usually do it well.

5 (edited by unicity 2009-05-10 18:56:14)

Some shakey video of the main interface...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855aToOvkd8

oh yeah no vst.. sure great idea

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Yeah...the only way I can see Propellerhead supporting 3rd party plugins is if they implement their own plugin format. 

I mean, I'm not saying it's a great idea, but Pro Tools doesn't support VST either and it seems to be doing just fine.

but thats cause protools is a dinosaur

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Haha, true, but my point is that Pro Tools could have added VST support ages ago and haven't.

Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to stick with Live.

Well the site has been updated.

It has a full-featured MIDI sequencer, but no MIDI out.  The sequencer is for a little built-in rompler, and Reason only (even though Reason has its own full-featured sequencer).  Yeah.

Up next from Propellerhead, a full-featured modular synth plugin with no audio output.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/index.cfm

For video and details. Still would go for Logic or Live though if all you want is studio DAW since record is still not even out of beta. But guess this would be great for the Reason intergration if you do most stuff in Reason.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.