Re: Football

Tottieheid wrote:

shame the Midden weren't relegated this year, I've been waiting on a regular Renfrewshire derby in the league for too long! big_smile Fair play to them though, it always should have been Caley Thistle going down this season. Morton's season improved after from Decemebr onwards, but fans and manager were left a bit pissed off when we lost the last four games of the season on the bounce. Maybe just as well cos we've some prime chancers to get rid off before making a go of it next time. wink

hehe, don't want to derail this thread too much, but where are you from?

i grew up in johnstone...

and just to stay on topic...

the final day of the SPL didn't turn out too exciting. rangers took the lead early then scored a screamer just seconds before half time, so it was pretty much decided before the 2nd halves of each game even began. i didn't end up going out last night so i don't know how things turned out in the town, but i'd imagine it was pretty messy.

jacderida wrote:

hehe, don't want to derail this thread too much, but where are you from?

i grew up in johnstone...

ha, no worries [threadjack] I stay in Eaglesham and study in London; whole family's from Greenock though smile [/threadjack]

& yassss, Newcastle down. happy bunny here. begrudging congratulations to the Gers, if only cos it shakes up the banality a wee bit...as if i care really. pure gutted to be missing the "Strachan must go...TONIGHT!" lol

29 (edited by DumbBot 2009-05-25 17:07:27)

Tottieheid wrote:

pure gutted to be missing the "Strachan must go...TONIGHT!" lol

rofl...*breaking news*...the wee ginger fanny Strachan just quit as Celtic manager, i suspect nae one in the east end will be crying into their pints. Who's gonna be next in the Parkhead hotseat?..i wonder

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1342/gersbus.gif

Let's get Dumb

Dundee United got pipped to 4th spot by Aberdeen (and a honking Aberdeen at that) on the last game of the season for the second year in a row.  Fuckin pish.  Professional football is rubbish these days anyway.

Jap the Lad wrote:

Dundee United got pipped to 4th spot by Aberdeen (and a honking Aberdeen at that) on the last game of the season for the second year in a row.  Fuckin pish.  Professional football is rubbish these days anyway.

I have to agree with you man. It was the least rubbish team that won the league in Scotland. Still exciting to go to the last day of the season.

I think Scotland should be like the smaller european leagues and have 16 teams there are plenty of smaller clubs who could step up a division.

I have enjoyed some Bunesliga gaes this season and have watched the top spanish games which have been excellant value. Barca v Athletico was probably the best I watched all season.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Assets/Images_ … pg.250.jpg

It was the best season ever: we ended 5th!

highlight of the season:

http://www.demorgen.be/static/FOTO/pe/0 … 519498.jpg

Another highlight was the 5-1 victory agains KV Kortrijk, our number 1 enemy smile

Whats the badge about ? Looks almost nuclear

so who you're with tonight? I hate both clubs but i decided now for manchester...and right 10 seconds after I made that decision barca makes first goal. hmm

I did the same now im thinking penalties.

as a fan of the english premier league i have no option but to shout for barca
jesus if the scum win like they did 10 years ago the dog will get a kicking tonight

keep hackney crap

byron wrote:

as a fan of the english premier league i have no option but to shout for barca
jesus if the scum win like they did 10 years ago the dog will get a kicking tonight

yeah that was the worst day in my life (bayernfan).

looks like the dog is safe
we pay homage to catalonia

keep hackney crap

wow, that was hard to believe how awful manchester played. 5 minutes good, and then 90 minutes like a horde of sleepwalking zombies looking clueless for their victim.

There's only one Bob Paisley, Fergie...

Fergie is surely to blame for his tactics and starting lineup.  pussy

Barca have got  the ball on elastic...just shows that despite Man U being such a formidable passing team a truly great team can mak them look like Newcastle

Deathcrush '99

IvyHeights wrote:

Barca have got  the ball on elastic...just shows that despite Man U being such a formidable passing team a truly great team can mak them look like Newcastle

word
just look at the way they humiliated Bayern in the 1/4 final or in a previous stage, Lyon...
a well deserved victory for the best team in Europe atm

I was with Barca. They play just the best and also most attractive football at the moment. ManU had no chance. They should have played more defensive, like Chelsea, perhaps that would have worked out better..
on the other hand, who knows what would have happened if ManU had scored in those first ten minutes when they had some good opportunities?
However, deserved winner, and Messi should be voted player of the year.

Internationals this weekend. Looking forward to the Northern Ireland v Italy and Brazil v Uruguay this saturday.

Heads up for Uk bots
09:00Add this fixture to your calendar    
North Korea v Iran        World Cup Qualifier     British Eurosport (09:00-11:00)   Death to America All Star Match

off to sofia to see ireland play bulgaria. gonna be a tough one with berbatov, the two petrovs & bojinov all back in. a draw should see us on our way to at least a second place play-off. if nothing else, there is always some bulgarian raki to drown the sorrows.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvzGbjfnSE[/youtube]

lol... we can do it here too...

i hear you

idiots. and the cops should have not allowed the russian and finnish fans to walk so close to each other

MMG wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvzGbjfnSE[/youtube]

lol... we can do it here too...

alcohol...

anyway, who won?

the game, I mean

russia won 3-0...

theres a football craze of some sort going on in here. even some school kids came up with their own "firms" and fought with each other during school lunch break... pfff! monkey see, monkey do.

i hear you

"first we'll fight and then..."

http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/1999/images/fightclub3.jpg