Topic: VS Loudness

http://www.turnmeup.org/

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Re: VS Loudness

hail satan

GREETZ!

so the question is... whats the next format gonna be?

GREETZ!

campaign by a bunch of pussies

nice, i'm gonna consider getting a certification for that.

excellent initiative.. and funny that once again metallica is on the wrong side of the fence again.. big_smile

Woot. Thanks MTFBMX!

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

bit ridicolous to open up a campaign for it I think, every artist should recognize this problem on its own.
Or better to ask: Is it really that impossible as an artist to find someone who masters more dynamically??!

I do not like it though myself either. Lots of records sound way to overcompressed and "blasted to the full max" compared to the eighties. Main reason I stopped listening drum and bass, which has mastered this discipline to a level where feeling the subbass is more important than the rest.

i want a "depressor"

everything thats played on the radio here except for classic music has 0 db brickwall limiting. everything is static. question is how will things change?

GREETZ!

i saw a video from some mastering company and this company at least begged to be allowed to keep the dynamics "but we know most of you guys want a loud one..."

yes, and for this initiative to get going, everyone is waiting for some major stars in music to start supporting it, everybody is afraid to experiment, like it is a curse to sound quieter than the others. they don't realise how much the dynamics would contribute to the quality of their music.

also, considering the end user, most of them had just got used to brick walls and don't have proper sound systems to feel the difference in dynamics, especially the young people who never had an opportunity to listen to anything besides this RMS-pumped-to-the-max music

hurray for vinyl on which the amount of compression and loudness is limited by the medium!

I remember earlier Subliminal and Defected (labels) records were all hot as shit (hi volume). Was more a detriment while mixing than a plus even back then. Not sure if this is still the case since I haven't heard any of their stuff in about the last 8 years.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.