Re: Second spring for Electroclash

Rites Of Spring

i hate soccer

this bootsy girl actually appeared on jools holland, playing tenorion and some squelchy thing like gakken plus piano which seemed pretty interesting, but this cover of dancing therapy lookg like they have done it after getting up on the wrong side of their bed/beds

The most people didn't anser the two questions, cause they don't give enough attention to #1 !
Sad but true.

Robothek - radio for robettes and robots www.facebook.com/robothek

I think the main problem with electroclash was the genre-naming and defining and branding by Mr. Tee. People hate that. Anytime a name is given to a group of acts, a lot of music sticklers take offense. (Dark italo

lina wrote:

But guys, can you chill out? This is an internet forum.

maybe there is something here for ur show?

i hear you

281 (edited by dolcevita 2009-06-03 12:35:29)

lina wrote:

I think the main problem with electroclash was the genre-naming and defining and branding by Mr. Tee. People hate that. Anytime a name is given to a group of acts, a lot of music sticklers take offense. (Dark italo

i hate soccer

lina wrote:

lina wrote:

I remember what it was like being a 20 year old girl watching Chicks on Speed for the first time and it completely blew my mind. Laugh all you want, but it was really inspiring and fun. I think how I felt about Chicks on Speed then is how a lot of people feel about Heartbreak now, but it's hard for people who aren't in that right place, right time sort of place to "get".

That was the best thing with Electroclash. Most gimmicky things about it I did not like at all but it did get some people to take interest in less obvious music, like electro, techno and italo. I think a lot of 'us', whether 'we' we liked it or not, benefited from it as well. As artists that trend made us take a look at our music as something others actually listen to and like. Until then a lot of us didn't know that, partially because we where all so tied up in our own little 'scene' (which sounds more negative than I want it to sound) and practically knew everybody who liked the same music by their first names.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is good, fun and interesting music is bound to interest more than just a select group of people. Some outside that elite group might like it for reasons we do not see or agree with, but at least they like it and give the music a chance to survive.

Brian Chinetti wrote:
lina wrote:

I remember what it was like being a 20 year old girl watching Chicks on Speed for the first time and it completely blew my mind. Laugh all you want, but it was really inspiring and fun. I think how I felt about Chicks on Speed then is how a lot of people feel about Heartbreak now, but it's hard for people who aren't in that right place, right time sort of place to "get".

That was the best thing with Electroclash. Most gimmicky things about it I did not like at all but it did get some people to take interest in less obvious music, like electro, techno and italo. I think a lot of 'us', whether 'we' we liked it or not, benefited from it as well. As artists that trend made us take a look at our music as something others actually listen to and like. Until then a lot of us didn't know that, partially because we where all so tied up in our own little 'scene' (which sounds more negative than I want it to sound) and practically knew everybody who liked the same music by their first names.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is good, fun and interesting music is bound to interest more than just a select group of people. Some outside that elite group might like it for reasons we do not see or agree with, but at least they like it and give the music a chance to survive.

agree 100%

285 (edited by Ant.La 2009-06-03 13:58:03)

I think ELECTROCLASH is a product of Larry T.

Robothek - radio for robettes and robots www.facebook.com/robothek

wasnt it NETZWERK FRANKFURT?

i hate soccer

anything called electro+(something)= waste of time

Poodle wrote:

anything called electro+(something)= waste of time

You mean stuff like electro boogie, electro funk, electro techno, electro disco?

1986: Electro = Man Parrish, Nucleus

2009: Electro =  Get Physical Records

i hate soccer

I-F can help usher in the second spring of electroclash with another Space Invaders re-release wink

Spring break.

i hate soccer

Its time to put a donk on it!

293 (edited by dolcevita 2009-06-03 15:39:02)

donkey kong!

i hate soccer

Careful where your Donking.

To go on another tangent, is it just me or is Hardcore slower and not as HARD as it used to be. All the kids stuff now is weak compare to the early nineties.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

lina wrote:

...I remember what it was like being a 20 year old girl watching Chicks on Speed for the first time and it completely blew my mind...

oh gosh, yes that was not so long ago, hehe. remember listening a freshly pirated chicken lips dj kicks cd in a shop and taking down the names of half of the tracks feeling this is it - this is the stuff I need to find more of.

dolcevita wrote:

but i am sure these kids will not love heartbreak too much - this is a sound and style more for this a bit older intellectual "arty farty" crowd (look to the audience in the heartbreak vids), maybe the same people who loved 15 years ago jazzanova and this stuff.
the kids are loving kitsune / ed banger / thieves like us / justice and stuff
or minimal big_smile
thats reality.

not reality over here. the kids are into Grime, Dubstep, etc or lame emo-punk. Heartbreak's crowd are certainly not arty-farty, they're a bunch of 17 year old kids which might occasionally be annoying for me as I'm always the oldest person at their gigs but nevertheless that's the way it is, not the way you describe it.

Maybe you should come to a country and experience what you're talking about first-hand rather than imagining it for yourself based on NME articles you didn't even bother to read properly. There's a word for that - "prejudice".

you got the balls to apologise to Ali yet?

Leo Slayer wrote:

Careful where your Donking.

To go on another tangent, is it just me or is Hardcore slower and not as HARD as it used to be. All the kids stuff now is weak compare to the early nineties.

you are right.

one reason: kids dont know the roots.

for todays kids bands like green day are emo.

they are knowing that HEROIN is a drug but they dont know that HEROIN was one of the most important hardcore bands ever ...

btw: i have just seen some footage of the PORTRAITS OF PAST reunion tour ...

seemed to be not too bad (so as most of the normal reunions)

and i listened yesterday to the 2nd GRAY MATTER LP ... my god that stuff was INTENSE

i hate soccer

casionova wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

but i am sure these kids will not love heartbreak too much - this is a sound and style more for this a bit older intellectual "arty farty" crowd (look to the audience in the heartbreak vids), maybe the same people who loved 15 years ago jazzanova and this stuff.
or minimal big_smile
thats reality.

not reality over here. the kids are into Grime, Dubstep, etc or lame emo-punk. Heartbreak's crowd are certainly not arty-farty, they're a bunch of 17 year old kids which might occasionally be annoying for me as I'm always the oldest person at their gigs but nevertheless that's the way it is, not the way you describe it.

Maybe you should come to a country and experience what you're talking about first-hand rather than imagining it for yourself based on NME articles you didn't even bother to read properly. There's a word for that - "prejudice".

sorry but hte audience on the heartbreak vids are really not looking like 17 years old kids...

i hate soccer

dolcevita wrote:
casionova wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

or minimal big_smile
thats reality.

sorry but hte audience on the heartbreak vids are really not looking like 17 years old kids...

ok so I've been to hundreds of their gigs in UK, Europe and USA and you know more than me having seen a youtube clip. I think you should look again.

Never liked chicks on speed.
Do like the Miss Kitten track 'Frank Sinatra' and some Vive La Fete tracks sound nice, dunno which album.
Bought the Fischerspooner hit track at the time. Didnt know shit about electroclash, the hague electro or whatever at the time. Heard it from my brother and thought it was ok. Years later you hear that stuff (electroclash) is more top40 within electro boundries and there's so much better stuff to be explored. At that time I was more into Kraftwerk, der Zyklus, Klaus Schulze and Anthony Rother stuff. Also bought some Viewlexx and Bunker stuff and maybe Creme... think they just had a few records by then. IMO Heartbreak gives the same feeling soundwise as Fischerspooner, Zombie Nation and such. More straightworward 'pumping' production. top40!

Pages Previous 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Second spring for Electroclash

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB