Re: Dumbest questions (or comments) you received while DJing

lol...good times

while playing 'planet rock' a guy asked if i could not play real electro.

i felt like instantly wanna jumping into his face but asked him
what his definition of 'real electro' is.

"that was humms" was his answer .... aaaaargh !

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

Dez wrote:

I had some guy come up to me once and request that I only play songs that make use side-chain compression.

WTF!

154 (edited by Poodle 2009-05-06 16:58:39)

eric prydz ftw

e-control wrote:

while playing 'planet rock' a guy asked if i could not play real electro.

That's a good diss

Poodle wrote:

eric prydz ftw

i got this and its no that bad: http://www.discogs.com/Brixton--Marcus- … ease/18022
dunno if the nice track is the prydz one tho.

157 (edited by Poodle 2009-05-06 17:46:02)

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:
Poodle wrote:

eric prydz ftw

i got this and its no that bad: http://www.discogs.com/Brixton--Marcus- … ease/18022
dunno if the nice track is the prydz one tho.

dont get me wrong, one of the best nights ive been to was put together by eric prydz i think here in gotham before he got his big break with Call on me. there were like 10 djs there that night but all they did was warm up the floor and cheer for this amazing dj from miami that played the most soulfoul and hard rocking house music ever. the night was so good that he just kept on playing. looking at his face you could see how happy he was. people were hanging from the celling and you felt like you were making love with everyone present, shit one hour over overtime the bouncers ran to the control booth shutting down the power as the police were told to be on their way. i think they guy from florida actually missed his plane home...

this was like 5-7 years ago. wish i could remember the name of that miami dj (im terrible with names).

i forgive prydz anything just because of this night. im 99% sure it was prydz who put that night together. long time ago but im quite sure it was him and he was there.

I had a great one yesterday: during my set a guy came over and gave me 10E. He wanted me to shoot happy birthday in the microphone for a friend. I told him there was no microphone and that I wasn't for sale and tried to give him the money back. He wouldn't take it so I put it in my pocket and told him to fuck off the stage smile

1 hour later the same guy asked a friend of mine if he knew a good place to throw up. He offered money to him as well. Later the guy was found in the toilet: he had pucked on the whole wall and floor and was kicked out of the club big_smile

Lol that was fun, what a drunk asshole.

aw come on baz, you could have improvised with the headphone trick

ronin wrote:

no

162 (edited by Sander 2009-05-10 12:37:34)

During my liveset, a young girl was waving/holding a beer viltje so that I could see it and written on it was "Play some detroit techno".

ronin wrote:

I did just minutes before that to anounce my the release of my record, but told him that was a mic and that it was gone.

schweet, no more suitable method of announciation if you ask me. nice and gritty.

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/101106/cartoon-sample-dj.gif

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Some years ago a friend ask me if can i replace him for one night dj-ing in a striptease bar ( he was playing regularly  there and playing some awful dance music ) I was totally opposite against all that shit, but he offered me some good money and he gave me his music that he usually plays there . That night was one of my worst nights playing.... totally shitty music and the girls who have to dance on it didn't like it either because i didn't play theirs regulars stuff to dance on the piles...they were so angry on me !It happend to be almost empty, but some big petroleum boss came that night and start requesting some track of  Julio Iglesias ....OMG!!!it wasn't on the cd's that this guy gave me but he was so unbending and finally he get out some big wad of money telling me that this is gonna be for me if  i play that track.Finally one girl from the stuff run to the discotheque across the street asking the dj about that song and he happen to have it......Finally i get all that money but i was feeling so "sell out"  I never did something like this after that smile

?therwise some of the dumbest questions and classic ones are almost always with some tween girls asking for "something more faster" , "something more slow" or  "something that you can dance to" usually they dont have a idea what they want smile

Lol great story!

one month ago i was playing at a little party in Bretagne, France in a abandonned church in the wood.
While playing this heavy acid duubed jackin house from Idjust Boys (http://www.clone.nl/item15036.html) a guy came and ask me to play something better , and if i have tracks of Pendulum (it's very crap  and very bad d&b shit= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kJ09FpW … e=related)

This weekend I spent an entire evening asking the DJ if he could play something that wasn't shit. To be fair, though, he was playing shit.

1) Have you got any Hazy Fantazy

2) Can you play something a bit more funky (scratched my head and pointed to cover of Legendary Deep Funk which was playing at the time)

Mastering the mystic arcana

girls waving their cellular phones with the words "PLAY JUSTICE" written  on the display in front of my face
..while i play live(!)

and another r'n'b type asking for "something more dancable" while i spin abstract thought

last night while playing in the hottest place i ever played in, a girl came and ask something, i was sure she asking for some track so i said "i don't have it" she asked again, this time i manged to hear, and this is what she asked "do you know where is Ben"? wtf, since when there's a dj at the info desk?

"Do you know where we can buy some hero

hahahahahaahahahahahahahha

Starsky wrote:

"Do you know where we can buy some hero

Pages Previous 1 5 6 7 8 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Dumbest questions (or comments) you received while DJing