Topic: Very Embarrassing moments, or Curb Your Enthusiam in real life

So tonight i'm in my local pub and a middle aged man comes in and asks for 2 gin and tonics, then points at the beer tap and shouts 'two of them'

i thought this was a bit rude and said 'can you not just say the name of the beer?'
he said no, it was too difficult so i said 'course you can its easy follow me'

i then pronounced carlsberg, syllable by syllable, very slow, very loud, CARL S BER GG !
he then shook his said and explained how last year he had a brain haemmorage and lost half his vocal capacity in a stroke

i put my head down and went to the toilet

anyone else?

keep hackney crap

Re: Very Embarrassing moments, or Curb Your Enthusiam in real life

yikes

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

No worries, shit happens...

hahahahaha

hahahaha oh man! that's a good one. so funny but so not funny in real life when it happens to you..

lol

one from the archives...

"..a tale of Alec Guinness, who was so irked by the woman who was watching him (on stage) through enormous binoculars from the front row that he stepped down and removed them. An usher appeared in the interval to say:" the blind woman in the front row apologises if she has upset you" :0 A moral somewhere there?

confusing people - mine's was in highschool, on the street, when i confused a classmate ( lookin' from his back )...he received a strong palm slap on his leather jacket...then he turned ( imagine the rest,....ha ha )
http://globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/picard_ashamed.jpg

I tought someone was pregnant, actually I was sure.
So I congratulated Her with it. But it seemed that She only gained a lot of weight..

oops

big_smile

Ha ha, I've done that too.

yeah you got to wait for the second trimester before you start offering seats on the bus

keep hackney crap

hehehe

i crapped my pants once . decided to get in a taxi cause home was few kilometers away and i was uncomfortable. when i got in the driver smelled it (was a toxic one) but thought it was from outside so he closed the windows and started complaining about how dirty and disrespectful the college kids where in the area we passed. i agreed with him and casually opened the window again and lit a cigarette.  he was quiet the rest of the trip. i felt like a piece of shit. when i reached he turned around and gave me the most disgusted look i've ever seen . i think he realized . haha

I pissed my jeans not once but twice this weekend cause I was too drunk to work buttons. Fuxsake.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

leo: fuck sake dude, thats a bad one/two.
byron: ooof mate. that is quite bad too.

Ive done the pregnancy one a few times too.
My mother was reading the news once and turned casually to my dad and asked where Collishon was. My dad asked her what the fuck she was takling about and she said she wondered where it was because there had been 4 people killed there. My dad went over and read the paper, pissed himself laughing and told her not to be sop stupid, it said "4 People Die in Collision"

dafty.

z1000 wrote:

i crapped my pants once . decided to get in a taxi cause home was few kilometers away and i was uncomfortable. when i got in the driver smelled it (was a toxic one) but thought it was from outside so he closed the windows and started complaining about how dirty and disrespectful the college kids where in the area we passed. i agreed with him and casually opened the window again and lit a cigarette.  he was quiet the rest of the trip. i felt like a piece of shit. when i reached he turned around and gave me the most disgusted look i've ever seen . i think he realized . haha

ha I shit myself at my first communion but I dont remember being embarrassed about it.  My mom took me home and bathed me and we got back just in time for confession.

couple of years ago i was talking with some classmates about how weird home-school kids are, turns out one of them was home schooled, whoops.

the other day when i was on the bus coming home from work, an american girl sat next to me and said, "hey, do you know where the brazen head is?". it's a complete shit hole of a Celtic pub (although it's only 1.70 for a pint of lager big_smile) in the gorbals in glasgow (one of the rougher areas in the city centre).

so i said i knew where it was and she asked if i could give her a nod to let her know which stop to get off at. i said that i would be getting off the bus about 10 minutes before we reached there so i described the place to her and told her which stop to get off at.

so curious as to why an american tourist would actually want to go to a place like that, i asked, "what you going there for by the way? it's a complete dump". she looked disgusted and said "oh, my boyfriend is the manager there".

the rest of the journey was a terrible awkward silence big_smile.

18 (edited by San 2009-06-23 00:40:06)

My mum doesn't really like Jehovah Witnesses (no offense to any that may be on this forum, she just generally doesn't like people knocking on her door about religion). As a kid, I was having a piano lesson and my teacher was sitting next to me at the piano. Our dog started barking angrily at the front door and my mum went to see what the problem was, and then realised it was Jehovah Witnesses. After she told them to go away, she laughed to my piano teacher something like "Yes, she's a great dog, she always barks extra at Jehovah Witnesses". My teacher glared at her and said "I'm a Jehovah Witness". She wasn't my teacher for much longer after that.

EDIT: Spelling

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

they're not really curb your enthusiasm moments unless you try to justify your behaviour at the time, possibly leading to argument. there lie the real laughs

20 (edited by baz 2009-06-23 08:56:34)

I was once in The Hague when a Marokkan guy asked me if he could ask something. Fed up by the seventh guy asking for money that day (lots of beggars in The Hague) I told him that I didn't have any money. Turned out he wanted to know some directions.
Should be an emberrassing moment if happend with any other guy but this was a proud guy who feld stepped on hes ego... ready to take a fight about it so in the end I didn't feel that embarrassed.

i bet he would've asked for money if you had not said anything haha

jacderida wrote:

the other day when i was on the bus coming home from work, an american girl sat next to me and said, "hey, do you know where the brazen head is?". it's a complete shit hole of a Celtic pub (although it's only 1.70 for a pint of lager big_smile) in the gorbals in glasgow (one of the rougher areas in the city centre).

so i said i knew where it was and she asked if i could give her a nod to let her know which stop to get off at. i said that i would be getting off the bus about 10 minutes before we reached there so i described the place to her and told her which stop to get off at.

so curious as to why an american tourist would actually want to go to a place like that, i asked, "what you going there for by the way? it's a complete dump". she looked disgusted and said "oh, my boyfriend is the manager there".

the rest of the journey was a terrible awkward silence big_smile.

I always feel sorry for tourists in Glasgow, Ive rescued so many Japanese tourists on Maryhill Road looking for the MacIntosh Church. I did however send three German guys to the Rangers shop instead of the Celtic one on sauchiehall Street last week.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

I might already have posted this story in the old CBS forum

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

Galliano wrote:

He thanked me for being frank and said it

something similar happen to me but i was on the other side.

i was at a party and the dj (a friend of mine) played a track i did, a friend come to me and said
"why does the dj play stupid music" i started laughing, i also appreciated his frankness.

some other time, some punk kid came to me in a bar and asked if i'm the bass player of mule driver
i told him i'm also the drummer. big_smile

Pages 1 2 3 4 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Very Embarrassing moments, or Curb Your Enthusiam in real life