Re: Piratebay

baz wrote:

I heard you have some advantage when you're and artist playing live. In that case it's not a bad idea becomming a member (probably the reason why you do get a nice cheque sometimes rude).
If you only release music it's not worth it untill somebody plays it on the radio (and not once, but several times).

I thought that is only valid if you perform a certain amount of livesets on A level stages. Or how they call that.
But if you perform enough, you earn eanough money and don't need to be a member.

Piratebay sold to Global Gaming Factory for 5,5millions of euros. Loll

178 (edited by Dez 2009-06-30 14:50:15)

Sander wrote:
baz wrote:

I heard you have some advantage when you're and artist playing live. In that case it's not a bad idea becomming a member (probably the reason why you do get a nice cheque sometimes rude).
If you only release music it's not worth it untill somebody plays it on the radio (and not once, but several times).

I thought that is only valid if you perform a certain amount of livesets on A level stages. Or how they call that.
But if you perform enough, you earn eanough money and don't need to be a member.

Okey, don't know. I'll just keep on playing smile

Kenzaburo wrote:

Piratebay sold to Global Gaming Factory for 5,5millions of euros. Loll

hahaha! great scam by the piratebay guys

why pay so much for something that's bound to get banned soon?

they want to turn it into a legal download site, so soon some new "piratebay" will pop up...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 … 6&cs=1

181 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-06-30 16:20:34)

yeah they want to make users pay for the downloading, not going to happen ... End of an era I guess. Rip Piratebay .. Lets drink for that!

End of an era.. I don't think so. Piratebay is just the tip of the iceberg media charade, trying to set up a example to the masses. The truth is that the p2p community is huge and uncontrollable. Supply and demand.

Monkey see, monkey do.

183 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-06-30 17:39:37)

Yeah, that's true. What I meant was that it will probably the end of Pirate Bay .. So end of a kind of era I guess. It was the most popular p2p tracker.

184 (edited by Poodle 2009-07-01 08:22:54)

as biotek says it is supply and demand. digital information is now even more abundant than air. infinte copies can be made.

what we are seeing is a desperate establishment trying to achieve scarcity with digital information so that they can make profits from it. this is why they first neglected the internet and now so aggressive in trying to control it. they cannot allow anything in society not to be controlled by money. they control the money and if money controls everything they wil get: absolute power. and as we have seen here in sweden during the whole tpb affair all institutions are in on this.

the swedish government (both the last social democratic one and the present unified right wing government)

the swedish legal system (the whole tpb case has been a complete joke, a complete fuckin joke!)

religon (the christian democrats defend immaterial rights with their claws and teeth)

soon they will now longer be able to mantain scarcity of energy either as it is truly abundant in nature. digital information and energy is just the start. the people dont need the monitary system. we dont need to be their wage slaves. we dont need all their wars, survaillance, crime, media, superstition and other misery that are all fueled by money and profits and are here only to divide and control us.

we need clean air to breath and water to drink, efficient housing, education, food that is actually good for you, safe transportations that run on clean energy. a society that drives people to do good without any reward other than to grow as a human being. all the technology and resources we need to do this for everyone in the world exist. we could start tomorrow if everyone wanted to. money is all that is stopping us so lets get rid of it once and for all.

as it is today we very seldom get solutions for problems that cannot generate a profit. profits will kill us all.
we will always be a slaves in a monitary society we will never be truly united or free.

btw. this picture shows Peter Sunde of tpb with president Lula of brasil who seems to actually like filesharing. maybe this will be as "bad for his health" as many other south american presidents thru history. im counting on that economic hitmen should be well on their way by now armed with all kinds of threats to whisper into his ear.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8959/lulaw.jpg

piratebay the new napster

It's hard for me to believe they would completely sell out. It will be interesting to see how they deal with all the stuff on the PB. A lot of copyright infringement, a lot of stuff that's so rare, old, or obscure no one knows who owns it. What will they do with the latter stuff?

I dl some mainstream movies and series, but i can live without those. But the obscure stuff, i hope they don't take that away.

But hey, i will just have to increase nerdiness and figure out the next thing better than bittorrent, plenty of stuff mentioned here. I do hope a replacement comes though, i like the simplicity.

funny though, what the legal system can't accomplish the forces of capitalism take care of. they got each other's back

Good riddance

CRACKED BY MR. Z...