Re: Best clubs worldwide

noctambulo wrote:
Kid_a wrote:

It would be nice to know what people consider the best clubs worldwide and why.

change your topic title "worldwide" by local because everybody is speaking about his own country, above all those brittons bots stuck in their tiny island big_smile

ho & btw, panorama & berghain suck BIGTIME cause they play worst hipster minimal shit ever, as usual in berlin, mecqua of electronic shit  !! (luckily there is das drehmoment etc cause otherwise we should burn that town big_smile)

Sorry I am afraid that is a too subjective point of view. They play a lot of music there and also minimal, I've heard
I-F there as well and it rocked the place BIGTIME. Although I've not been there in the last half year my best partynights were definitely there.

And to keep it international I really liked the Mazzo before 2000 or something, before the new owner. Because of the variation in the crowed and their enthousiasm.

Didnt think I'd be saying it, but Ministry of Sound and Turnmills have had the best atmosphere of any club I've been in.
I played a house and disco set at the Gallery night at Turnmills, which was one of the biggest TRANCE nights in the world. Even tho they were playing trance/pretend techno, the place had an unbelievable vibe. Was really blown away. 

The sound system in MOS in the best I've ever heard in a club, and the clubbers are well up for it.  Just a massive house party which was always electric the times I've been down.

The drugs must be better down South.

the gay palace, rotterdam

on the whole i'm not keen on clubs at the moment, prefer to party in a basement or some other grimey out of the way place..

Essentially, thats all club 69 is, a basement. Bloody good one though.

smartbar's actual BAR area was a nightmare i remember, like they turned some clothes check area into a bar..that cant hold 100 people

noctambulo wrote:

mmm don't 100% agree !

fantastic music with only nerdz or very little crowd can suck bigtime & spoil everything.

on the contrary , nice atmosphere, good friends & incredible chicks can make you have the purest blast dancing on shit music smile

edit : was answering to ian indeed

If the lin-up makes the club, you can interpret it both ways, sucky popular > gorgeous chicks & packed, Quality music > can go both ways too, empty nerdy and packed & sweaty! smile (CBS parties, LoudE parties)

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

kuudes linja in helsinki

Larry Levan wrote:

www.luxfragil.com @ Lisbon Portugal

yeah nice place, was there 3 years ago.
open till early in the morning.

charlie wrote:
Larry Levan wrote:

www.luxfragil.com @ Lisbon Portugal

yeah nice place, was there 3 years ago.
open till early in the morning.

smile

It closes at 07:00 but you got places that close at 09:00, night in Portugal is like this, people only go to the main clubs at 03:00 or 04:00

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

pakhuis wilhelmina, amsterdam

ratsnake wrote:

smartbar's actual BAR area was a nightmare i remember, like they turned some clothes check area into a bar..that cant hold 100 people

hm, that might have been before they remodeled it a few years ago. its pretty big now, which is bad if the night isn't crowded because then its just very open and awkward.

ResidentAdvisor: RA Club Awards: Design : http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=930

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

rude66 wrote:

pakhuis wilhelmina, amsterdam

word